• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There's a small chance that Cards will play their starters against Hawks

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has clinched at least the #2 seed, but with Carolina's loss today, Arizona could steal the #1 seed next week IF:

- Tampa beats Carolina (morning game)

AND

- Cards beat Hawks (afternoon game)

Obviously, if the Cards play their starters, it would really hurt the Hawks' chances of getting the #5 seed.

Now, I personally wouldn't bet that Tampa will win, but just saying it does provide a small chance for Cards to get the #1.

Good news is - by the time the Tampa/Carolina game is over (and assuming Panthers win), Cards would just elect to rest their starters at that point.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should just rest ours. GB is a complete train wreck and we match up well against the Vikings. The Redskins are hot and they play on a dump of a playing surface. Keep starters in the first half and hold pat.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the read option. Do you really think they thought we were going to run out of that?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a weak call.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitting way to end the game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Rams. They won their super bowl. 8 days from now everybody will go back to not talking about them because they haven't been relevant since Kurt Warner left town.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should just rest ours. GB is a complete train wreck and we match up well against the Vikings. The Redskins are hot and they play on a dump of a playing surface. Keep starters in the first half and hold pat.

i've been thinking about that option as well, wouldn't be the worst idea.

however, you always try for the higher seed just in case the #6 seed gets hot. in that scenario, the #5 seed could still potentially host a home playoff game down the road.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been fine if Pete pulled the starters half way through the first quarter the way this game was going. Lockett and Willson going down early seemed like a good enough reason to just cut your losses and hope for no more injuries. I know that was never going to happen, just saying I would not have had an issue with that decision.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a Panthers win, I wouldn't count on Arians resting starters just for the sake of resting starters. He might rest dinged up players or pull some starters early in the 2nd half, but that is probably it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does droider keep making threads about the same exact thing? 5 seed? 6 seed? Is it that big of difference? Does it really affect your confidence in the teams playoff chances either way?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we just run it all game long to try and avoid getting wilson killed, looked like he almost could have been broken on a few plays yesterday thanks to the dirty rams.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians announced he will NOT rest starters. He said that the Cards are playing too well right now and that he does not want to jeopardize momentum.

A bit risky on his part. Bennett or Avril (or other) comes through and hits Palmer hard 1 time and it could blow the entire season for them. But do I see his point.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians announced he will NOT rest starters. He said that the Cards are playing too well right now and that he does not want to jeopardize momentum.

A bit risky on his part. Bennett or Avril (or other) comes through and hits Palmer hard 1 time and it could blow the entire season for them. But do I see his point.

If the Panthers can get up early on the Bucs, Arians will probably pull his starters. I can't see them playing the whole game unless Carolina is losing and the Cards have a shot for HFA.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Panthers can get up early on the Bucs, Arians will probably pull his starters. I can't see them playing the whole game unless Carolina is losing and the Cards have a shot for HFA.

The Car-TB game would have to be completely uncompetitive in Carolinas favor for Arians to bench his players. It's not unheard of for a team to overcome a 2-3 score defect in the the 4th. He has to control what he can control to try and get the one seed, because if they're too concerned about what's happening in another game, I doubt he wants to be the coach that screwed himself over by underestimating the Bucs.

Same goes for the Hawks. You have to play to win this weekend because the difference between the 5 and 6 seed could factor in later. What if the Hawks and Packers ar the WCs and somehow end up in the nfccg? Unlikely yea, but not impossible. And Carroll doesn't want to be the coach that has to go Lambeau instead of hosting because he underestimated whoever the other WC could end up beings ability to advance.