• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There will be no Spring College Football season

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. You’re not very smart. Ultimately the NCAA will sign off on a season if the teams want to play. Period. The requirements for equal practice will be worked out in the next 6 months. You’re a moron if you think THAT is the reason a season won’t happen.

The real reasons spring won’t happen is because the turnaround to a Fall season, will the rona be better?, or the timelines around players leaving for the NFL.

but you can keep screaming about the obvious NCAA approval that would certainly happen, if you’d like. Like the COVID rules it would literally just require a simple vote.

LOL
Well there ya go. Finally.

That's been my simple point from the very beginning. That they'll need to make practice time equitable. That spring football bylaws will have to be temporarily amended to provide for more than 15 days of practice. That the amendment will have to be equitable to the SEC, Big 12, and ACC.

You've spent 2 pages arguing that a temporary amendment isn't necessary. That equity isn't necessary. That the "NCAA is just leaving it up to the conferences". That's how fucking dumb you are.

Glad to see you've finally come around to comprehending how bylaws work. Congratulations.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
Well there ya go. Finally.

That's been my simple point from the very beginning. That they'll need to make practice time equitable. That spring football bylaws will have to be temporarily amended to provide for more than 15 days of practice. That the amendment will have to be equitable to the SEC, Big 12, and ACC.

You've spent 2 pages arguing that a temporary amendment isn't necessary. That equity isn't necessary. That the "NCAA is just leaving it up to the conferences". That's how fucking dumb you are.

Glad to see you've finally come around to comprehending how bylaws work. Congratulations.
The reason for the argument was you spent this entire time arguing it was some complicated process besides a simple vote for approval.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason for the argument was you spent this entire time arguing it was some complicated process besides a simple vote for approval.

No. The reason for the argument is that you're an idiot who claimed no temporary amendment to spring ball bylaws would be necessary. That the Big 10 would just TELL the NCAA what they were going to do.

Who's going to be in on such a vote?
What do you think a 'simple vote' would result in?
If passed it would result in a temporary amendment to current bylaws.

Here's the original string......

There are also issues of NCAA bylaws regarding practice time. Pre-season practice time is limited and equal for all teams. The amount of time coaches can work with players is limited and equal for all teams. The Big 10 teams have already used some of that time and to my knowledge are still using that time.
I guess come Jan 2021 they can say they are using traditional "Spring practice and Spring Game" time for that, but even then there are strict rules.
If I were the SEC, Big 12, ACC, and end up playing their fall schedules, I'd be holding the NCAA's feet to the fire on how much time the Big 10 has already used practicing, in team meetings, coached in the weight rooms, etc.
5 things to know about how spring ball works
I think some league will play in Spring. I'm not sure all those who are saying they're playing in the spring will actually play in the spring.
The NCAA bylaws will have to be adjusted for equity.
The NCAA already said that championships are basically non existent for most leagues. I think we'll see a lot of conference based football at various times in the next 6-8 months.
WTF does that have to do with bylaws regarding practice time and the amount of time coaches can spend with athletes?

Obviously everything I pointed out went right over your empty head.
The NCAA is leaving that up to conferences, really, when it comes to Fall so I doubt there would be an issue with Spring. I'm sure the NCAA would just have to sign off on any plan but wouldn't require any modification of bylaws.
Provide a link to your assertion.

The bylaws would have to be amended to provide equitable spring time to the SEC, Big 12, and ACC.

What part of "equitable" don't you understand?
The NCAA has already provided exemptions for players opting out of the current season.
What does that have to do with bylaws regarding every teams overall time practicing for a season?

tenor.gif

You keep saying the NCAA would have to re-write these bylaws and they just wouldn't. They'd just have to sign off on the plan that was implemented by the conferences. And I'm not sure if you just aren't smart enough to figure this out but I'll lay it out again:
I've never said "re-write" anything, you flaming idiot. I've used the term "amend" to make things equitable. "Re-write" and "Amend" are not one in the same.

Unless Big 10 teams are limited to 15 days of practice for a spring schedule (bylaw), then things will not be equitable for the SEC, Big 12, or ACC, and will need to be amended for equality.

Active season practice is insignificant to the issue.

I swear, it's plainly obvious many here (mainly libtards) have never entered into a contract.
They don't have to amend anything. When they gave players a waiver to opt out of the season, they didn't amend previous rules. They granted approve - a waiver. That's it. The NCAA has to simply sign off on the B10's plans and that's about it. No rule changes. No amendments. Just a signature. Much like when they grant waivers for students to be immediately eligible.
A "waiver" added after the fact IS and 'amendment' to an original set of rules, you flaming idiot.

Said 'waiver/amendment' was also provided to EVERY FBS conference across the board including the SEC, Big 12, and ACC.
You know, to keep things 'equitable'.

Again... Apples and Oranges compared to pre-season Fall Camp and Spring Practice bylaws.

You have no idea how fucking stupid you look.

It isn't, dolt.

If I make an amendment to a rule, the amendment takes place of the rule. When you amend the constitution, you end up with a rule taking it's place. When you provide a waive to a rule, the rule stays in place and an exception is granted. The rule still is that kids can't transfer and play. When a waiver is granted to a kid, the NCAA signs off on letting them play immediately, but the rule stays in place.

The NCAA would merely need to waive some rules for the B10 and Pac12 to play in Spring. It isn't that complicated.

Waivers/Amendments to a rule can be a temporary or permanent, you flaming idiot.

Without a rule, there is no need for waiver or amendment. There'd be no grounds for one side or the other to complain about.
In this case the temporary waiver/amendment is applied equitably. Therefore, no reason for complaints.

You are out of your league and are determined to dig yourself a deeper hole.
Temporary Amendments

Temporary Amendment Sample Clauses

Fucking dumb-ass.
But they’re temporary by design. They go through the same passage that a normal amendment goes through they just have an expiration date. Unlike a waiver which doesn’t and is what would be used in this case. They don’t pass amendments every time a kid gets a waiver to play right away.

Good Lawt. They don't have to. Do you know why?

Because a waiver for FOR AN INDIVIDUAL has to follow the bylaw 'Waiver Rules' that apply to EVERYBODY. The rules already exist. "Does individual meet bylaw waiver rules": Yes/No

Unless the Big 10 and PAC agree to just 15 days of spring pre-season practice (the current bylaw that applies to EVERYBODY), there is going to need to be a amendment created that EXTENDS that 15 days. Said amendment will ALSO apply to the SEC, Big 12, and ACC for equity.

You never know when to quit being a dumb-ass, do you? You just keep moving the goalposts.

Jesus. You’re not very smart. Ultimately the NCAA will sign off on a season if the teams want to play. Period. The requirements for equal practice will be worked out in the next 6 months.

And on, and on, and on, of you moving the goalposts and moon walking to cover your flaming ignorance of how bylaws work.
To you finally acknowledging a temporary amendment to spring football bylaws being necessary.
You're like a gnat.

Last edited:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The reason for the argument is that you're an idiot who claimed no temporary amendment to spring ball bylaws would be necessary. That the Big 10 would just TELL the NCAA what they were going to do.

Who's going to be in on such a vote?
What do you think a 'simple vote' would result in?
If passed it would result in a temporary amendment to current bylaws.

Here's the original string......

And on, and on, and on, of you moving the goalposts and moon walking to cover your flaming ignorance of how bylaws work.
To you finally acknowledging a temporary amendment to spring football bylaws being necessary.
You're like a gnat.
Thanks for quoting the conversation. I know what was said. You're assuming I ready our first post. I hadn't. What I posted is where this starts. Your first comment,
"The NCAA bylaws will have to be adjusted for equity."

True, but in this moment you're suggesting this is some complicated task that will 1. require a lot of effort from the NCAA and 2. so much so that it would potentially prevent a season in the spring from happening.

To which I replied about the NCAA already calling it quits on championships, the playoff is likely next, which makes the meaning of these games almost non-existent except within the bubble of the conferences. So allowing the B10 to play in Spring for basically a conference title, poses very little problem for such an exemption.

Once you made it clear that your argument was about equal playing time (again I did not respond to or read your original post) I made it very clear how easy it would be to make time equal.

Once your point was proven wrong, you went back to the complication and then semantics surrounding the definition of "amend"; again suggesting the process the NCAA would have to go through to approve a spring season is too difficult for it to happen.

All of it is just BS. If the B10 and Pac12 want a spring season, it will happen and the NCAA will sign off. The waivers will be granted for different, but equal, practice schedules and the games will go on.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for quoting the conversation. I know what was said. You're assuming I ready our first post. I hadn't. What I posted is where this starts. Your first comment,
"The NCAA bylaws will have to be adjusted for equity."

True, but in this moment you're suggesting this is some complicated task that will 1. require a lot of effort from the NCAA and 2. so much so that it would potentially prevent a season in the spring from happening.

To which I replied about the NCAA already calling it quits on championships, the playoff is likely next, which makes the meaning of these games almost non-existent except within the bubble of the conferences. So allowing the B10 to play in Spring for basically a conference title, poses very little problem for such an exemption.

Once you made it clear that your argument was about equal playing time (again I did not respond to or read your original post) I made it very clear how easy it would be to make time equal.

Once your point was proven wrong, you went back to the complication and then semantics surrounding the definition of "amend"; again suggesting the process the NCAA would have to go through to approve a spring season is too difficult for it to happen.

All of it is just BS. If the B10 and Pac12 want a spring season, it will happen and the NCAA will sign off. The waivers will be granted for different, but equal, practice schedules and the games will go on.

Never once said it would be complicated. Just that "an amendment would be needed to override bylaw".
That is a fact that you argued.

Never once said anything about "Equal playing time". My post was regarding "practice time" and that "the bylaw limiting spring practice to 15 days would need to be amended".

You continue to move goalposts and moon walk your original statements that the Big 10 would just "Tell the NCAA what they were going to do and the NCAA would just sign off on it".

Seriously STFU. You've been wrong from your very first post on the issue, ya gnat.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never once said it would be complicated. Just that "an amendment would be needed to override bylaw".

Never once said anything about "Equal playing time". My post was regarding "practice time" and that "the bylaw limiting spring practice to 15 days would need to be amended".

You continue to move goalposts and moon walk your original statements that the Big 10 would just "Tell the NCAA what they were going to do and the NCAA would just sign off on it".

Seriously STFU. You've been wrong from your very first post on the issue, ya gnat.
I haven’t. You have. The NCAA will easily grant the exception to play in spring. Your argument that this is the hurdle preventing it is dumb and wrong.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t. You have. The NCAA will easily grant the exception to play in spring. Your argument that this is the hurdle preventing it is dumb and wrong.

If you knew how to read and comprehend, I said the hurdle will be playing Big 10 games in January, February, March, in freezing weather. But, you can't read or comprehend.

Getting the SEC, Big 12, and ACC commissioners, AD's, presidents, and coaches to agree to a spring practice amendment after they've just played a fall schedule is not going to be as easy as you think.

The Big 10 does not control the rest of the conferences. That is a problem with you Big 10 fucks, you think you run the show.
How's that working out for you right now?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that it will be Fall or not at all. What is the point for the kids involved other than making money for their schools? One injury in Feb could cost you not one but two seasons. Not to mention the kids who are seniors or the kids who feel like they could be drafted who won't play anyway.
Ive heard people talk about only 1st rounders sitting out spring. IMO, any kid who thinks he is draftable at all sits out. Its a joke

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you knew how to read and comprehend, I said the hurdle will be playing Big 10 games in January, February, March, in freezing weather. But, you can't read or comprehend.

Getting the SEC, Big 12, and ACC commissioners, AD's, presidents, and coaches to agree to a spring practice amendment after they've just played a fall schedule is not going to be as easy as you think.

The Big 10 does not control the rest of the conferences. That is a problem with you Big 10 fucks, you think you run the show.
How's that working out for you right now?
Nope. Because you said that prior to my comment not in response to my comment.