• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strange Season

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually when it gets late in the season I like to imagine the strangest possible scenarios that are still at least somewhat-realistic and wonder how that would play out. So imagine if the following happens:

Alabama beats Georgia in SEC Championship.
Wake Forest beats Pitt in ACC Championship.
Oklahoma State beats Baylor in Big XII Championship.
Wisconsin beats Michigan State in Big Ten Championship.
Utah beats Oregon in Pac-12 Championship.
Houston beats Cincinnati in AAC Championship.

Obviously there are other factors that would/could contribute to the scenarios, but individually none of these scenarios are too far-fetched. If all of these things happened, what would the CFP look like?

My guess is:

#1 Alabama vs #4 Wake Forest
#2 Oklahoma State vs #3 Georgia

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually when it gets late in the season I like to imagine the strangest possible scenarios that are still at least somewhat-realistic and wonder how that would play out. So imagine if the following happens:

Alabama beats Georgia in SEC Championship.
Wake Forest beats Pitt in ACC Championship.
Oklahoma State beats Baylor in Big XII Championship.
Wisconsin beats Michigan State in Big Ten Championship.
Utah beats Oregon in Pac-12 Championship.
Houston beats Cincinnati in AAC Championship.

Obviously there are other factors that would/could contribute to the scenarios, but individually none of these scenarios are too far-fetched. If all of these things happened, what would the CFP look like?

My guess is:

#1 Alabama vs #4 Wake Forest
#2 Oklahoma State vs #3 Georgia
Did you forget about Notre Dame? I seriously doubt Bama's got a chance vs Georgia and no one is beating OSU in the B1G now that all those high quality yutes are figuring things out. And Utah beating Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship might not happen, and not because Utah sucks, but because Oregon St may end up representing the North. A more likely scenario is #1 Georgia playing Notre Dame and #2 OSU playing Alabama. Granted you posted that scenario before this weekends games, and no one could have predicted that both Oregon and MSU would get embarrassed and that Wake would lose again.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you forget about Notre Dame? I seriously doubt Bama's got a chance vs Georgia and no one is beating OSU in the B1G now that all those high quality yutes are figuring things out. And Utah beating Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship might not happen, and not because Utah sucks, but because Oregon St may end up representing the North. A more likely scenario is #1 Georgia playing Notre Dame and #2 OSU playing Alabama. Granted you posted that scenario before this weekends games, and no one could have predicted that both Oregon and MSU would get embarrassed and that Wake would lose again.
Also, I wasn't trying to make a prediction in how the CCG's would play out. Just trying to think of the strangest outcomes each conference still had that was possible, at least. And then predict what would've happened if all those scenarios played out. I should've probably put Notre Dame in the #4 slot in that scenario anyway though, since the committee does love them.