• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is only ONE difference between Elway and Tebow...

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he doesn't support a past Florida Gator player blindly?

There is not a single real Gator alive that doesn't believe in Tim Tebow.

Timmy is a silent owner of a restaurant here in Gainesville called PDQ, and I don't like the food, but I eat there because he's attached to it.

And it just so happens the facts back me up when it comes to his time in the NFL.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Timmy is a silent owner of a restaurant here in Gainesville called PDQ, and I don't like the food, but I eat there because he's attached to it.

And it just so happens the facts back me up when it comes to his time in the NFL.
:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Seriously, ban the newb...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean the stats like his completion percentage which is one of the worst in the NFL of the past 30 years?

Or how about a team has to completely change their entire offense just to fit the skill set of Tim Tebow. Or the fact that he struggles to actually learn a playbook? Or that he had one of the highest fumble rates the NFL has ever seen from a QB?

You give a small glimpse as some stats to show why he belongs but have completely ignored the fact that there are plenty of stats that show he doesn't belong.

Also Tebow has shown he really doesn't want to do whatever it takes to be a QB in the NFL. Teams have told him to go play in the CFL for a couple of years and show them that he belongs and can grow into an NFL QB so what does he do he goes into broadcasting instead. If he really wanted to play in the NFL he would have done whatever it takes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also I know plenty of Gator fans that don't think Tebow is an NFL QB. Heck I remember some telling me when the Broncos drafted him that I wouldn't be happy with that decision by the Broncos.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe 10000000% in Tebow as the greatest College player of all time.

I am literally writing this wearing a Tebow jersey in fact. I had a Wuerffel Saints Jersey as well once... But don't believe he was a good NFL QB either.

And no, the facts don't back you up when Tebow fails to run the offense of multiple teams better than guys who were unable to have NFL careers. But hey, lets not let actual facts get in the way here..

And just making sure, you have no defense against those idiotic comments by Tebowgoat that the bullshit signs that you post are just because you know you aren't right?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave me my 3rd career BS as well.

My feelers are hurting.

Don't worry, I think Tebowgoat gave a great reason for why people would give you that. That basic psychology says that what you said is 100% true and it hurts whomever gave you that BS to hear it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have told him to go play in the CFL for a couple of years and show them that he belongs and can grow into an NFL QB so what does he do he goes into broadcasting instead. If he really wanted to play in the NFL he would have done whatever it takes.

Actually I think he did himself a favor by not going to the CFL. Despite the JV perception, the CFL is even more QB driven than the NFL is. With that wide field you HAVE to be able to make a bunch of different throws. If there's one thing Tebow isn't, it's a thrower.

He'd fail miserably in the CFL.

I watched Akili Smith try to rehab his career in Calgary. It wasn't pretty.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think he did himself a favor by not going to the CFL. Despite the JV perception, the CFL is even more QB driven than the NFL is. With that wide field you HAVE to be able to make a bunch of different throws. If there's one thing Tebow isn't, it's a thrower.

I agree there, CFL is even further than what he had success with in college. I heard sports media guys saying he should have tried that and thought that would have been a really bad idea as you are moving to a game that takes away the strongest parts of his game and relies on the parts he doesn't do at a high level.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that but NFL teams wanted him to develop as a passer and well no better place than a place that emphasizing having to be a good passer. I don't think he would have found success but that is why they wanted him to go to prove he could become more than what he was at that point. I think Tebow knew though it wouldn't work out well in his favor. How many times did we hear that he spent the entire off season working with some QB guru and that his mechanics and throwing issues were all fixed and that he would be a different QB to then see him in games doing exactly what he did before.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And understand I hate ragging on the kid. I loved his time in Denver and as I have said before I will cherish that 2011 season for many reasons and Tebow is part of that. I appreciate a lot of what he does off the field as well to help people around the world. All around good guy that I want to see be successful but I just don't think the NFL as a QB is where that happens.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And understand I hate ragging on the kid. I loved his time in Denver and as I have said before I will cherish that 2011 season for many reasons and Tebow is part of that. I appreciate a lot of what he does off the field as well to help people around the world. All around good guy that I want to see be successful but I just don't think the NFL as a QB is where that happens.

Yeah that was the coolest thing ever. I loved watching him play, and really wish he would have won a job elsewhere to play. I kept following him working with this QB whisperer and that one, and unfortunately they just couldn't get him throwing well enough to run an NFL offense or beat out the backups where he went.

Heck two of my favorite Gators of all time ended up in Denver and unfortunately both struggled to play at an NFL level (Jarvis Moss). Jarvis just didn't have that upper body strength to make it IMO.

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the stats like his completion percentage which is one of the worst in the NFL of the past 30 years?

Or how about a team has to completely change their entire offense just to fit the skill set of Tim Tebow. Or the fact that he struggles to actually learn a playbook? Or that he had one of the highest fumble rates the NFL has ever seen from a QB?

You give a small glimpse as some stats to show why he belongs but have completely ignored the fact that there are plenty of stats that show he doesn't belong.

Also Tebow has shown he really doesn't want to do whatever it takes to be a QB in the NFL. Teams have told him to go play in the CFL for a couple of years and show them that he belongs and can grow into an NFL QB so what does he do he goes into broadcasting instead. If he really wanted to play in the NFL he would have done whatever it takes.

Tebow in first 10 starts...17 touchdowns, 12 rushing touchdowns, playoff win with 316 and 3 touchdowns, 7-3. Elway - 7 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 4-6, and a LOWER completion rate than Tim. Deal with the FACTS.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow in first 10 starts...17 touchdowns, 12 rushing touchdowns, playoff win with 316 and 3 touchdowns, 7-3. Elway - 7 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 4-6, and a LOWER completion rate than Tim. Deal with the FACTS.

And Elway had a longer career because he was taking his team to a SB as a pro-bowl QB while Tebow was unable to beat out Ryan Mallett and putting together the worst pre-season QB play.

Those are facts too. I am 100% happy that Denver kept Tebow as a starter in Denver that year. I am also 100% fine not giving him the job over people that outperformed him in practice and pre-season.

Just because Robert Griffin III had a better rookie season than Russell Wilson doesn't mean I think Seattle should have picked up RGIII this off-season and cut Wilson.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because you're willing to forgive him when you eat the shitty ribs at his restaurant, doesn't mean the rest of the football world has to forgive him for his shitty play on an NFL field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are also comparing 2 QB's from 2 very different eras. One was playing in the most QB friendly time in NFL history while the other was still playing when defenses dominated the league. That would be the facts.