• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is a way to pay Revis

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His current contract calls for a 3$ million roster bonus every year plus $13 million salary.

Convert the 13$ million to a bonus for 2014 and take 1$ for salary plus move the 12 over 5 years remaining which comes $2.4 million per year. His CAP hit for 2014 i $3 mil + $1 mil +$2.4 mil or $6.4 million. Revis is worth that and a lot more.

In 2015 you do the same thing on the prorated CAP for bonus is $3 since there are 4 years left including 2015.

His CAP for 2015 would be $9.4 and he is worth that. There is dead money to be worried about bt I would rather bite the bullet on Revis at that price than Talib and Revis would not care and might prefer all his money up front for each year. With CAP ballooning I would do it but alas BB will not.

There is no way I would guarantee Takib #26 million in a state where pot is legal and I love how he plays.

I would then dump Sapoaga and several others to free up some CAP room and try for Jared Allen or Peppersbut I doubt BB will do that either. Tough to give Talib $26 million guaranteed after Hernandez.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize when you did that you'd be locking yourself to paying all those base salaries that came to 16 per (13+3 roster), right? That is a joke of a proposal. It's moot now that he's a free agent, though.

And Talib was a perfectly reasonable price. Letting him walk for that is upsetting.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Talib was a perfectly reasonable price. Letting him walk for that is upsetting.

They did not "let him walk".

They offered him 4yr/$40m vs. 6yr/$57m
Less was guaranteed, bonuses available if he was healthy. But Talib had the opportunity to make more over 4 years here.
I'll bet he does not stay in Denver for more than 4 years.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar to Wes.
He is making the same there as what Bill offered, but they paid a relocation fee.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did not "let him walk".

They offered him 4yr/$40m vs. 6yr/$57m
Less was guaranteed, bonuses available if he was healthy. But Talib had the opportunity to make more over 4 years here.
I'll bet he does not stay in Denver for more than 4 years.

Of course they let him walk. Not making a deal happen is letting him walk.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize when you did that you'd be locking yourself to paying all those base salaries that came to 16 per (13+3 roster), right? That is a joke of a proposal. It's moot now that he's a free agent, though.

It is a moot point since he was released but not one dime of that money was guaranteed other than the roster bonus if it is paid. The salary was not guaranteed. The only guaranteed money long term would be the prorated bonus incurred by turning the $13 million salary into a bonus of $12 million and a salary of $1 million.

It is obvious you did not understand the proposal which is understandable.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be putting yourself in the spot where there's 20-something mil in dead money if you cut him, though. In effect, you're locking yourself in to continuing to pay him 16 per, plus the pro-rated bonus.