• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Zeke Elliot Fiasco

How does this fiasco end?

• Zeke caves, reports, and honors his contract.

• Jerry Jones caves, signs Zeke to an extension.

• Zeke holds out for the year or longer.

• All aboard the Jerry Jones grab ass bus for potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the Fords suck, but have a better chance than Jerry with no GM and puppet coaches.
Yes, you have proven to have that better chance for 50+ years now. Jerry in the mean time has 3 of that which you would give anything to experience.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys better hope this Amari injury they are trying to play down really doesn't keep him out of any games or limit him.

No Amari or Zeke in week 1 and the Cowboys will have to win via defensive scores off of Eli turnovers. Otherwise I can't see Dak without Cooper and Elliott being able to produce more yards and points than Barkley.

You can always count on those though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, as soon as he isn't worth the money. So a one year extension would be three more years of him.
right, and hes not gonna sign that, unless hes guaranteed some serious money those three years, so yeah ur gonna pay him

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you have proven to have that better chance for 50+ years now. Jerry in the mean time has 3 of that which you would give anything to experience.

He got lucky and hired Jimmy. Then the egotistical dumbass fired him. Besides, you're talking about the past and I'm talking about this season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, and hes not gonna sign that, unless hes guaranteed some serious money those three years, so yeah ur gonna pay him
I wouldn't pay him, I've said that. I'd tell him he can show up and play through at least this year and keep clean and we will explore his demands or he an retire. Zero fucks given by me, we aren't a SB favorite with or without him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny no one says dallas is screwing zeke
Of course not, he has two years left on his contact. Hard for the team to be the bad guy on that one.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got lucky and hired Jimmy. Then the egotistical dumbass fired him. Besides, you're talking about the past and I'm talking about this season.

Call it luck or whatever you want. He hired Jimmy. Putting the right people around you is how you succeed in life. Jimmy was quitting with or without Jerry firing him.

If only the Fords could do the same. Instead you roll out Millen. Well done.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it luck or whatever you want. He hired Jimmy. Putting the right people around you is how you succeed in life. Jimmy was quitting with or without Jerry firing him.

If only the Fords could do the same. Instead you roll out Millen. Well done.

Millen was notorious.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerry is pissed, rightfully so. If I were Jerry I'd just call Zeke's agent and tell them I pulled the offer. Zeke will report before PS game 4 and if he stays healthy and productive and has no run ins with the law until next training camp we will look at an extension. But the offer I made is now gone and he can report and play under his current contract, minus the no-show fines, or he can sit and pout. There will be no further contract offers until he shows he is willing to work to earn it.
Comical.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerry gonna cave.........if hes willing to give him that kinda cash, hes gonna get his.......but jesus who doesnt get paid then
All the RBs are supposed to get paid. They are all being fucked. They get hit the most and get the smallest piece of the pie every year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pay him, I've said that. I'd tell him he can show up and play through at least this year and keep clean and we will explore his demands or he an retire. Zero fucks given by me, we aren't a SB favorite with or without him.
They could force him to play the next four years at $28 million and there is nothing he could do about it. He could sit the whole time, but he can't force a trade and can't make them raise their offer. If I were the Cowboys, he would sign this deal or he could stay in Cabo all season

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the RBs are supposed to get paid. They are all being fucked. They get hit the most and get the smallest piece of the pie every year.

RB's will really get fucked when MLB style analytics hit the NFL and the RB position is shown to be a low WAR position. In regards to wins, the difference between the best RB in the NFL and an average one is probably less than one win per year. Now factor that against a QB, a WR, an OL, or a DL. With that in mind RB's should be paid like LBers or a DB.

And I think the biggest aha moment will be that kickers are the most important player after QB. The best kicker in the league is worth way more than the average kicker.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to side with zeke on this. Running backs are being devalued in football these days, particularly first-round draft picks. Teams essentially run them into the ground and have the flexibility to avoid a major payday with a fifth-year option and up to two franchise tags.
I disagree with the bolded part. The wording implies that it is against the will of the player. I'm sure Zeke would be fine being used less, right? No way. They want the numbers.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Elliott is back in Cabo continuing his holdout, and Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk is headed to Mexico to train with him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB's will really get fucked when MLB style analytics hit the NFL and the RB position is shown to be a low WAR position. In regards to wins, the difference between the best RB in the NFL and an average one is probably less than one win per year. Now factor that against a QB, a WR, an OL, or a DL. With that in mind RB's should be paid like LBers or a DB.

And I think the biggest aha moment will be that kickers are the most important player after QB. The best kicker in the league is worth way more than the average kicker.
Kickers are psychotic and you never know when they'll crack. The few that aren't rarely get loose.

RB's do the most on the football field after the QB. A couple dorks simplifying variable events just so they can perform some arithmetic and extrapolate it doesn't change that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kickers are psychotic and you never know when they'll crack. The few that aren't rarely get loose.

RB's do the most on the football field after the QB. A couple dorks simplifying variable events just so the can perform some arithmetic and extrapolate it doesn't change that.
Look who got a thesaurus for his birthday...
next year, maybe someone will teach you how to use it :noidea: