• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The your-opinion-on-this-player thread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There's gonna be a lot of draft news in the coming weeks, so I ffigured I'd keep questions about what you think of particular players to its own thread. I've been pimping my favourites to death on the draft thread (Tank & Hank, Bray, Trevardo, etc) and even threw out some of my overrateds (Mingo & Bingo, Vaccarro, etc). But I'd like to see what others think of some of these guys.

I'll start with Mike Glennon. Got a lot of attention at the senior bowl. At one point, I saw him mocked to the Bills at 8. What do you think of him as a prospect?

I, personally, don't like him even a little bit. What do you think?

P.S. J/K on the rhyming overrated list Bingo. I wouldn't call you overrated unless I knew your 40 time.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Glennon, outside of Bray he has the most sheer arm talent in the draft. If he had any sort of weapons at all at NC State he would have put up absolutely ridiculous numbers. Probably close to 50 TDs and 4500 yards.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barkley > Tuel > FIELD

Barkley reminds me a lot of Clausen, except stronger arm and taller. I'm one of those that believes Clausen still hasn't gotten a fair chance in the league.

Tuel was on a Washington State team that gave up 4.75 sacks a game, which led the nation in allowed sacks. Tuel's durability is probably his biggest question (Shoulder) but towards the end of the 2012 season I saw a new player throwing with better velocity. He ran a 4.55 - 4.65 at his pro day, so he's mobile and knows when to use his feet to pick up yardage. I really don't see why people still see Tuel as a late round prospect, I think he could win a franchise over with the offseason he's given by playing great in TWO all-star games and having an impressive Pro-Day.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm one of those that believes Clausen still hasn't gotten a fair chance in the league.

Not I. I don't think I ever trashed a QB with more severity than Clausen. My heart stopped when he was on the board & the Niners were picking in the 2nd round, but I was relived when they passed on him (although Taylor Mays wasn't much better).

How 'bout another one...

Whad'ya think about Barkevious Mingo? He's on a very short bust list for me. Manny Lawson 2.0 IMO. It's not that I don't think he doesn't have a place in the NFL, but I don't see him as a very valuable 3-4 OLB. In fact, I think 4-3 OLB might be his best position. Your thoughts?

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon doesn't have any scalps to even be warranted a 1st round pick
this is a mediocre QB class that nobody should waste a 1st round draft pick on any of them
$ down the drain

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon doesn't have any scalps to even be warranted a 1st round pick
this is a mediocre QB class that nobody should waste a 1st round draft pick on any of them
$ down the drain

Nobody should, but someone will. Heck, maybe even 2.

Since Dan Snyder already has his QB, that leaves the ghost of Al Davis to haunt the dreams of GMs picking within the top 15 until one of them decides to reach on a QB prospect.

OR maybe

down in Jacksonville will press his GM to pick a QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
jeff tuel is definitely a hidden gem...he played on a horrendous team where he didn't have much protection and his receivers were pretty poor. although there are no legit 1st rounders, i think this is a great draft to grab a late round QB to stash on the roster and develop. i really hope we grab jeff tuel or matt scott with a late round pick. you gotta believe harbaugh's connection to the pac12 will give him some insight on these 2 promising prospects.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Andre Ellington? He seems to have slipped off the radar for a while. Did i miss something on him?

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about Andre Ellington? He seems to have slipped off the radar for a while. Did i miss something on him?

we already have 2 guys on our roster that fit his mold. we need a workhouse type of guy to run hard between the tackles

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I like him a lot, but I think he's gonna be a 2nd round pick. I wouldn't draft a RB that high this offseason.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we already have 2 guys on our roster that fit his mold. we need a workhouse type of guy to run hard between the tackles

I'm not talking about us drafting him (unless he falls to the 3rd round). I'm just curious why he isn't being talked about more. I'm on the Marcus Lattimore bandwagon.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Tuel reminds me of a poor man's Jay Cutler. He was on a horrendous team, has some mechanical issues much like Cutler based on his poor team that need to be ironed out. For example, Cutler, because his OL at Vandy was so terrible, had a habit of throwing off his back foot. It started to go away in Denver but has come back in CHI as their OL probably gives Cutler deja vu. Tuel is a guy I would love to pick in the 6th round, someone who we can stash away, work with over time, and possibly get some bang for our buck later. He is ideal for Sick's "Bray-Investment" idea, where you draft him, develop him, and hope for a bigger return.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone have an opinion on Jamar Taylor from Boist St? I have to admit that my opinion of this guy is skewed because of Kyle Wilson. Didn't see a lot of Boise St. this year, but at first look I wasn't overly impressed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Didn't get any opinions on Jamar Taylor...

How 'bout Everett Dawkins out of FSU? Is this a guy who would be getting a lot more attention in other drafts but is drowned out by the obscene talent at DT? Or is he just a decent prospect with deccent athleticism?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not I. I don't think I ever trashed a QB with more severity than Clausen. My heart stopped when he was on the board & the Niners were picking in the 2nd round, but I was relived when they passed on him (although Taylor Mays wasn't much better).

How 'bout another one...

Whad'ya think about Barkevious Mingo? He's on a very short bust list for me. Manny Lawson 2.0 IMO. It's not that I don't think he doesn't have a place in the NFL, but I don't see him as a very valuable 3-4 OLB. In fact, I think 4-3 OLB might be his best position. Your thoughts?

Haven't seen him.
---

Kaepernick - I think is a 2 year flash in the pan

Culliver - Never thought highly of him

Ahmad Brooks - Should be a situational pass rusher (Once the 49ers find a replacement to start over him.)

Goodwin - Harbaugh said the Balt D may have timed those shotgun blitzes through paying close attention to Goodwin rising his rear. I hope he gets replaced

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My opinion on Kwame Harris... totally gay.

lol

...How 'bout Jonathan Jenkins? I was a little bit higher on him at the beginning of the season than I am now. I don't think he'd be all that great of a pick even in the 2nd round now. Maybe at the very end of the 2nd round at 63, but there might even be a couple of players on the board I'd like more at that point (if Jenkins is there).

What do you think?

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion Jenkins would be a good pick. However In my perfect world the Niners would trade up in the draft for Sheldon Richardson or Vacaro. Richardson would be my first choice because I think for the Niners he is the bigger priority even though Vacaro is probably my favorite player in the Draft. At safety there is still some value in the second round or later and I think DJ Swearinger could be there later and be a stud.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jenkins is still on the board around 45 or so I'd be tempted to trade up for him. Tempted but no sure if I would at 61 I'd grab him. Third round or 4th if we don't get Cyprien or Reid I'd grab Swearinger if he's still around. He is a bit raw but has good instincts and the ability to make up enough ground to lay the wood and knock the ball out. If DJ played for a more popular school like Bama, USC or the like he would probably be rated just below Vacaro.