• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The young lady with a big arm

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is this young lady playing for Philly in the Little League WS that is mowing down the boys and has turned into the story this year. Her name is Mo'ne Davis and she pitches tonight at 4:30 on ESPN . A great story so if you get a chance check her out. Hardest ticket to get over there right now. The team from Chicago is also making waves and has this kid who is crushing the ball. Every time I tune in he is launching another HR.

It might be a little much to televise these kids so young but over the years there have been some good stories. Young kids get really excited to see other kids on TV playing ball so it's mostly good for the kids.

There is a sad side though. That big pitcher Cody from the early 80's had a hard time dealing with name calling and the pressure when they won. I think ESPN did a 30-for 30 on him. Sometimes it can be too much too soon.

It seems though that kids are more comfortable these days and the coaches do a good job toning down some of that pressure. That speech from the coach from the east coast the other day was good and the kids played their hearts out and were told they were one of the best in the world. Good coach.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it in the ESPN interview when she said she threw gas. I believe she's on the cover of Sports Illustrated, I am pretty sure that is what I heard earlier today. Cool story. Wish her good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is this young lady playing for Philly in the Little League WS that is mowing down the boys and has turned into the story this year. Her name is Mo'ne Davis and she pitches tonight at 4:30 on ESPN . A great story so if you get a chance check her out. Hardest ticket to get over there right now. The team from Chicago is also making waves and has this kid who is crushing the ball. Every time I tune in he is launching another HR.

It might be a little much to televise these kids so young but over the years there have been some good stories. Young kids get really excited to see other kids on TV playing ball so it's mostly good for the kids.

There is a sad side though. That big pitcher Cody from the early 80's had a hard time dealing with name calling and the pressure when they won. I think ESPN did a 30-for 30 on him. Sometimes it can be too much too soon.

It seems though that kids are more comfortable these days and the coaches do a good job toning down some of that pressure. That speech from the coach from the east coast the other day was good and the kids played their hearts out and were told they were one of the best in the world. Good coach.

The kids from Las Vegas took care of Philly last night.8-1

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, of course. A team that has a GIRL pitching... !

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kids from Las Vegas took care of Philly last night.8-1

Well, of course. A team that has a GIRL pitching... !

If Philly wins today she will pitch again Saturday for the US Title. Way to go Marco. Big man. Pick on a young girl inspiring so many kids out there. What is wrong with you?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Philly wins today she will pitch again Saturday for the US Title. Way to go Marco. Big man. Pick on a young girl inspiring so many kids out there. What is wrong with you?

Now THAT'S that spirit, BoB!!

Good natured ribbing is the whole point of this board!!

:clap:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: