• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The XFL will last

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is an odd take. You hear people say things like that about soccer and WNBA too. Those are both boring to me but I still think it's cool that they exist and some people enjoy them.

I look at these fledging sports leagues as creating job opportunities....not just for the players, but concessions employees, parking attendants.

Bald Bull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the XFL and the NFL join forces! The XFL could become the NFL's developmental league.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your enthusiasm along with the others in here, and I'm not trying to be the fly in the ointment, but I'm a realist. All the commitments, all the financial structuring in the world don't amount to a hill of beans if people aren't watching. Once the glow fades from this shiny new toy, the league will need to rely on way more than the relatively few diehard, 365 days a year football fanatics. That's where the real challenge lies.

The XFL has to battle for viewership against the accurate perception that it's attempting to be considered a major sports league with minor league talent, against the onset of the baseball season, and against the peak following of the NBA & NHL as these two leagues approach their respective playoffs. That's simply too much uphill for an upstart league that will need as much downhill momentum as it can muster.

I actually think this is the best time of year to do this. NBA and NHL are nearing their all-star breaks and lets be honest, the NHL has yet to capture a major national audience (Nothing against hockey, its a blast to watch, but it has done terrible trying to grow outside of it's already strong fanbase and capture the casual fan). The NBA doesn't really get interesting until playoff pushes around mid to late March. And baseball is a big event the opening week or so, but quickly dies down as everyone paces themselves to endure a 162 game season.

The real battle will be March Madness.

But this is the best time of the year to run this league. It's sort of the dead period in sports because NBA and NHL haven't yet started the drama for the post season. It's still winter so people are still inside and not much to do and want to watch TV and sports. If this was in Summer they'd be dealing with people busy with their summer schedules, not wanting to be inside, and some drama beginning for the MLB post season.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched two games, boring the talent is sub par so they try to make up for it glitter and glam. I tried but I'll pass. tp me it was like watching a bad college game say, Slippery Rock vs Old Dominion

Oh no...you're not going to spam the XFL threads like you did the AAF threads, are you?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon guys this league is a joke, it's a money grab at best. Not sure what you all so that has people so enamored with this but I saw sub par athletes playing sub par football. It's a gimmick! I won't watch it because watching it will help ratings and to be honest I would rather watch re-runs of the Brady Bunch then this crap.

Right now hockey is at it's peak, basketball both college and pro. These are much better products then that abortion I watched this weekend.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no...you're not going to spam the XFL threads like you did the AAF threads, are you?

One I did not spam the AAF thread, and two how are one or two posts spam? Jesus man this it what you come at me with? Go away child.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon guys this league is a joke, it's a money grab at best. Not sure what you all so that has people so enamored with this but I saw sub par athletes playing sub par football. It's a gimmick! I won't watch it because watching it will help ratings and to be honest I would rather watch re-runs of the Brady Bunch then this crap.

Right now hockey is at it's peak, basketball both college and pro. These are much better products then that abortion I watched this weekend.

So the answer is obviously, "yes, I will spam all XFL threads! I refuse to allow anyone to enjoy anything that I don't approve of!!"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the answer is obviously, "yes, I will spam all XFL threads! I refuse to allow anyone to enjoy anything that I don't approve of!!"
You are a moron! How am I effecting your ability to watch this? Have I cut off your cable? Did I hide the remote? Stupid just stupid.

This will be my last reply to you on this, if you need the last word go ahead and have it.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One I did not spam the AAF thread, and two how are one or two posts spam? Jesus man this it what you come at me with? Go away child.

1) Yes, you spammed the AAF thread. Probably because you refuse to allow anyone to enjoy anything that you don't approve of.

2) One or two posts, my fat ass!! You had at a minimum 5 posts in the AAF thread. Mostly just to shit on people who wanted to enjoy more football after the Super Bowl.

3) Make me, slapdick!!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you're flying an ND badge?