• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The worst rock concert you've seen

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not rock....Hank Williams Jr. Saw him at the Greek in L.A. So f'ing drunk that they had to bring out a chair for him to sit in. Waste of time. He walked off the stage after about the 4th song. The crowd was stunned.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not rock....Hank Williams Jr. Saw him at the Greek in L.A. So f'ing drunk that they had to bring out a chair for him to sit in. Waste of time. He walked off the stage after about the 4th song. The crowd was stunned.

A chip off the old block.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Gatlin Brothers help their brother Larry on stage because he was so inebriated.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently that was pretty commonplace for him back in his wild an wooly days. I've seen him numerous times the last 15 years, and he's killed it in a good way every time. Playing his guitar, Waylon's old guitar, a fiddle and piano at various points in the show, and a strong stage presence. I've seen him sit down once, and that was to change the tuning on an old guitar so he could play Jerry Reed's "Guitar Man" not long after Jerry passed away.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily one of the worst shows I've been too. Saw them with Skid Row, who blew them off the stage. GnR made everyone wait like an hour an then Axl came out, was his usual prick-self, and then proceeded to wail into the mic like a dying cat. We walked out. Only show I've ever bailed on.

The real shame of it is that Axl had his voice going that night, they weren't all fucked up, and they sounded great. I was actually really impressed. He's obviously more miss than hit but the vocal cords must have been feeling good that evening. The shit coming out of his mouth when he wasn't singing was a disaster though and the wait was well over 2 hours. So you got people that were partying it up in the parking lot, get in the arena, have to wait for over 2 hours and whatever shit they were taking starts wearing off. WTF you think is going to happen? It's a miracle a riot didn't break out, which would have been like the 3rd one they caused on tour at that point in time.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, I won free tickets to a Saliva concert one time. I went for about three songs, got a contact high, and left knowing that I wasn't missing anything.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily one of the worst shows I've been too. Saw them with Skid Row, who blew them off the stage. GnR made everyone wait like an hour an then Axl came out, was his usual prick-self, and then proceeded to wail into the mic like a dying cat. We walked out. Only show I've ever bailed on.

Yeah, the bands who's albums I'll buy and the ones I'll pay to see are two different things at this point. Two of the best shows I've ever seen are by two bands who'd I've never buy one of their albums. I got dragged to a Winger show, and they were one of the best as far as guys going out there and having complete command of the instruments that they're playing. Reb Beach is a freak on guitar. I didn't like the songs but it's not like the songs are some kind of secret going in. And my wife is a huge Sarah McGlaughlin fan so I went to one of her shows. She had the cleanest voice I've ever heard live and the sound mix was perfect. GnR live vs what they record are two entirely different things. They must have take after take after take to put an album together because seeing them live they can't get through a single one of their songs that has anything near the same quality that they produce in the studio. Dio's another guy. But everybody knows about him. With his voice if metal didn't work out he could have been doing broadway musicals with the quality of his voice.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it back. I knew Judas Priest was going to suck. Saw G&R in 94 (?) where this happened:

They came on at least 2 hours late, Axl goes on some ridiculous rant about Metallica, Duff gets nit in the head with a bottle, and the show ends. Can't blame them for some idiot throwing a bottle but the late start and the stupid rant are on Axl. Would never pay a dime to see anything that he's involved in ever again.
That seemed to be GNR's things...coming out late. I never personally saw them in concert but people I know who have always complained about them

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seemed to be GNR's things...coming out late. I never personally saw them in concert but people I know who have always complained about them

The shows were a big money grab. I don't know how Axl is now because there's no way that Angus would put up with his stunts and he sounded pretty good singing the old Bon Scott stuff but after that I was done with them.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wang Chung in Groton, CT and traded that crap for some freaky sex with a very limber, nice looking 18 year old gal. It was not worth it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moody Blues sucked balls, and Allman Bros sucked balls too.

I think Moody Blues were just too old and I don’t know what was wrong with the Allmans that night. I’ve seen them a bunch and they were otherwise very good to great. One of my favorite shows was also an Allman Bros concert where Kinsey Report opened and then jammed together.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my daughters were young I took them to a Selina Gomez concert. Fuck that was hard to sit through but I did score dad points!

I took the daughter2 of her friends and the wife to see.......Lady fucking GaGa......
I didnt go to the concert itself, I dropped them off and sat in the parking lot and watched in blaspemy all the damn limp wristed boy going in......

Allthe while missing the greatest playoff game of all time between the Packers and the AZ.Cardinals......:tsk:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wang Chung in Groton, CT and traded that crap for some freaky sex with a very limber, nice looking 18 year old gal. It was not worth it.
Seems like the reason to Wang Chung would be FOR sex, not in place of it...

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title does say worst rock concert... everyone posting about Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga... obviously they aren’t gonna be a good time if you’re not a 15 year old girl. Are they worth mentioning?