• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The worst rock concert you've seen

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Oyster Cult, Foghat, REO Speedwagon, 38 Special and Georgia Satellites outdoors at the Apple River in Somerset Wisconsin June 20th 1993

The band I wanted to see most was Blue Oyster Cult and they were absolute garbage, best band of the day was Georgia Satellites.

I saw the Georgia Satellites recently. They only played two songs, and I think it was a one off reunion deal, but they still rocked. My parents say they were their favorite concert when they were young.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be Neil Young. He was either drunk, high or both. But he came out pissed off to be there and it showed.

A close second was Nazareth. They were playing at the Pro Football HOF with some other acts. I didn't have high expectations to begin with and was still disappointed

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Oyster Cult, Foghat, REO Speedwagon, 38 Special and Georgia Satellites outdoors at the Apple River in Somerset Wisconsin June 20th 1993

The band I wanted to see most was Blue Oyster Cult and they were absolute garbage, best band of the day was Georgia Satellites.

I spent a day tubing down the Apple River in July of 1976 with my cousin and her BF. Good time :nod:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been to one awful concert and it was a Dead show at Red Rocks. Holy fuck, they suck :L

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judas Priest a couple of years ago. I walked out like 7 songs into it. There was so much auto-tune going on with Halford that you couldn't really call it singing anymore. The Who and the Stones in the 90's kind of sucked. Not because they sucked, it's just because it was in a stadium and we were in the nose-bleeders. Sound was absolutely awful. Saw the stones this tour with better seats an it was awesome. a

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago.

Granted, it was Chicago.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donny Osmond. He fucking rocked “Soldier of Love”. But when he sang “I’m a little bit country... I’m a little bit rock and roll” by himself without his sister Marie..... I had to leave.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it back. I knew Judas Priest was going to suck. Saw G&R in 94 (?) where this happened:

They came on at least 2 hours late, Axl goes on some ridiculous rant about Metallica, Duff gets nit in the head with a bottle, and the show ends. Can't blame them for some idiot throwing a bottle but the late start and the stupid rant are on Axl. Would never pay a dime to see anything that he's involved in ever again.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a toss up between two.

Saw Drivin N Cryin like 7 years ago and they were terrible. Sounded so bad, it was almost comical, but also a bit sad since I am a fan of their music. They made up for it last year when they opened up for Drive By Truckers and put on a great show. Guess they were just off the first time I saw them, or maybe I was drunker the second time around.

And the second isn't rock, but was was still a concert. Conway Twitty's retarded son, Michael was opening up for George Jones, and he had some fat bitch trying to be Loretta Lynn. They were so terrible. Michael didn't have Conway's vocal range, an it was just pathetic to see, and to make it worse they went on well past their time, and eventually the venue had to shut the power off because George Jones was threatening to leave. It would have sucked at the time, but in hindsight, I wish George would have just left. I'd already seen George multiple times before and saw him a few times afterwards, but if he would have left, I would have had my very own No Show Jones story that he was so notorious for back in his alcoholic days. An old Fannation story was going to see him at a show in Austin back in the 70's, but when it came time for the show, he was nowhere to be found, and word got around that he was spotted headed for San Antonio on a Harley with a cocktail waitress riding on the back.
I saw drivin n crying a couple of times in the 80's/90's. Good band, unique sound, but can see the limited shelf life.

Yeah, ida been pissed waiting for GJ to come on, he was awesome. I had a similar experience. This 70's/80's ban called the Swimming Pool Q's out of ATL were playing in town, in a kind of reunion tour thing. Had this other guy with them, prog-rock solo guitarist (no vocals) named Glenn Phillips. I could put up with that in a small does, but he wouldn't stop. There was kind of an older crowd from a bygone scene waiting for the main act to come on, and next thing you know it's after midnight and they haven't. Should be a law against that.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't think of any shows i've been to that have been downright abysmal, but one that i could've done without, was seeing sevendust back in 2006 at a little club type of venue in downtown Raleigh, NC, used to be known as the disco rodeo, now i believe it's known as the ritz. anyway, the sound techs didn't do the band any favors, as it sounded to me as if the band's gear was set up for a huge arena, not a club that might have had 4-500 people in it at most....you could barely make out the tunes being played, even when we moved further away from the stage, it was just a wall of amplified, distorted sounds.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helmet.

They played our local rock station's "festival" one year. They headlined if I remember correctly?

The PA system fucked up two songs in and they didn't stop playing. They played another four songs before ending the concert.

Shitty.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Morrison in the mid 80s. He didn't seem like he wanted to be there. He was putting out a lot of "spiritual journey" focused material at the time and wouldn't play his more familiar songs. He finally half-assed his way through Moondance, skipping words and verses, most of it with his back to the audience. Huge disappointment. First and last time for him.

The Stones were bad in '75. The only bad show of several times I've seen them. A Buddy Guy concert on a night he decided he'd rather sit it out, almost literally. We wound up watching his backup band play most of the night while he walked and danced around. We'd seen him a few times and he usually puts on a great show. We were pissed and left before it ended. It was a long drive and my wife, who doesn't drink often, did that night and way too much... puked in the car right as we headed home. Not a great night.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it back. I knew Judas Priest was going to suck. Saw G&R in 94 (?) where this happened:

They came on at least 2 hours late, Axl goes on some ridiculous rant about Metallica, Duff gets nit in the head with a bottle, and the show ends. Can't blame them for some idiot throwing a bottle but the late start and the stupid rant are on Axl. Would never pay a dime to see anything that he's involved in ever again.

Easily one of the worst shows I've been too. Saw them with Skid Row, who blew them off the stage. GnR made everyone wait like an hour an then Axl came out, was his usual prick-self, and then proceeded to wail into the mic like a dying cat. We walked out. Only show I've ever bailed on.