• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The worst rock concert you've seen

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine was Bruce Springsteen.

No way. You must just not like his music, because he never puts on a bad show. I've lost my taste for his music over the years, but the guy always puts out in concert.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. You must just not like his music, because he never puts on a bad show. I've lost my taste for his music over the years, but the guy always puts out in concert.
My wife calls him the hernia singer.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rod Stewart sucked balls. We went with a group friends of ours who have horrific musical taste. They considered Rod's move into disco with Vegas trappings to be a big improvement, for example. I don't count that one because I figured it was going to be bad going in and it was.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost forgot about the time I used a fake ID to get into a biker bar in Jacksonville, FL to see David Allan Coe. It's not the worst concert I've been to, because he was on the few songs he did play, but he pitched a hissy fit and ended the show after like 20 minutes because someone up front kept holding up his first album, Penitentiary Blues(songs he wrote while in prison).

So then my 19 year old self is sitting in a biker bar in Jacksonville, FL with a bunch of pissed off Hells Angels types and just hoping I make it out of there alive.

I'm still a big fan of his music, but nearly 10 years later, I'll still never pay to go see him in concert again. He actually came to my favorite bar a couple years ago in Jasper, GA, and a lot of my friends were excited, because he has quite the following, and even though he was pushing 80, probably the biggest act to ever play in Jasper, and my friends that did go say he put on a good show and played for over 2 hours, but I didn't go, an would pass again if he came back to town.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember any act being particularly bad. However, I definitely did not enjoy the Van Halen 1980 Fair Warning Tour @ Boston Garden. Could be that I was the only sober one in the audience or on the stage and young.

However, I saw Van Halen again in 1984 @ P.M.A.C. in Baton Rouge, and I had a blast! I think it was part Van Halen being in a better groove in 1984, and I was a little more mature too. One of my favorite concerts, actually!

Last edited:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my daughters were young I took them to a Selina Gomez concert. Fuck that was hard to sit through but I did score dad points!
Holy fuck, I forgot about this angle. Probably because it was so bad, I've dismissed the notion it was a concert at all. Took my daughter to see Jojo Siwa in LA. It was the craziest shit I've ever seen. 30 thousand 6 year old girls, that would blood-curdlingly scream after she...did. anything.

Loudest shit I've ever heard and I saw Iron Maiden a couple years back and was 8 feet from the fucking stage.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one about a year or 2 ago, Boy George & Culture Club were the headliners. My wife loves a couple of his songs. I don't, but The B-52s were one of the opening acts, so I agreed. They're terrific in concert and they were that night. They brought the house down.

Then Boy George came on. Every f'n song was the same lazy, psuedo-reggae shuffle. I guess his true fans are into that sort of thing. But even my wife noticed. After "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?", which came blessedly early, my wife said "we can go now" and we did.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on the flip side when I was 20 I went with a group of friends to a Kid Rock concert. I'm still not a Kid Rock fan, and I went in with very low expectations and was just planning on getting drunk and hopefully get laid by one of the girls in the group, but I have to admit, the dude put on a good concert.
That was my experience with Garth Brooks. I love country but never got into his music. Boy was I in for a surprise, never seen anybody play music harder than him. Hands down the best concert I’ve been to. He played a ton of rock requests from the crowd at the end which was incredible to watch.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiss. December 1992. Arco Arena in Sacramento, CA. Turns out, without the make-up and pyrotechnics they kinda suck.

I saw Kiss at the Aladdin Ballroom in Las Vegas back in 1985. They weren't bad, but their opening act blew them out of the water... a band I hadn't heard of before then called Queensryche.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my experience with Garth Brooks. I love country but never got into his music. Boy was I in for a surprise, never seen anybody play music harder than him. Hands down the best concert I’ve been to. He played a ton of rock requests from the crowd at the end which was incredible to watch.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but man, I absolutely hate Garth Brooks.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only concert I remember being disappointed in was Foreigner on their Agent Provocateur tour in ’85. What I remember most about that show was the sound mix; all we could hear was the vocals and the guitar. The bass player looked like he was having fun, but we couldn’t make out what he was playing. The show sounded kinda like a giant, shitty car radio turned up to 11.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rod Stewart sucked balls. We went with a group friends of ours who have horrific musical taste. They considered Rod's move into disco with Vegas trappings to be a big improvement, for example. I don't count that one because I figured it was going to be bad going in and it was.
Not surprising as Stewart has a largely female following.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how that happens! Two of the best concerts I have ever seen were with low expectations because I was not a huge fan of either act. However, The Bee Gees absolutely killed it in 1980 @ BJCC in Birmingham, and Jimmy Buffett blew me away on the Coconut Telegraph Tour in 1981 @ the Orlando-Seminole Jai-Alai Fronton! I've seen a wide array of acts over the years and enjoy experiencing stuff outside of my comfort zone. Those were two that definitely did that!

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck, I forgot about this angle. Probably because it was so bad, I've dismissed the notion it was a concert at all. Took my daughter to see Jojo Siwa in LA. It was the craziest shit I've ever seen. 30 thousand 6 year old girls, that would blood-curdlingly scream after she...did. anything.

Loudest shit I've ever heard and I saw Iron Maiden a couple years back and was 8 feet from the fucking stage.
The things dads do.

:suds:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donny Osmond. He fucking rocked “Soldier of Love”. But when he sang “I’m a little bit country... I’m a little bit rock and roll” by himself without his sister Marie..... I had to leave.
You went to a Donny Osmond concert? :pound:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how that happens! Two of the best concerts I have ever seen were with low expectations because I was not a huge fan of either act. However, The Bee Gees absolutely killed it in 1980 @ BJCC in Birmingham, and Jimmy Buffett blew me away on the Coconut Telegraph Tour in 1981 @ the Orlando-Seminole Jai-Alai Fronton! I've seen a wide array of acts over the years and enjoy experiencing stuff outside of my comfort zone. Those were two that definitely did that!
Jimmy Buffett has always put on good concerts. I've seen him a few times.

IMO, people that don't like Jimmy Buffett have only heard Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise and have never bothered to check out his other stuff.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, people that don't like Jimmy Buffett have only heard Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise and have never bothered to check out his other stuff.
That is exactly where I was when a friend of mine said that I needed to give JB a try because he was so much more than that! So, I did, I had a blast at the concert, I bought Coconut Telegraph (still my favorite JB album) and listened to all of his other albums with her over and over and over again. I am still a fan!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy Buffett concerts are great and lots of fun.