• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The WiggityWack/buckalis "how'd those predictions go" thread...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can the Sixers make it to the finals if they'll end ranking 5th (or 4th), which seems to be the most possible scenario?

How can the Sixers make it to the finals if they end up 5th? My guess is that they beat the 4th seeded team. Then they beat the 1st seeded team. Then they beat the 2nd or 3rd seeded team.

Perhaps their chances to make it to the ECF before they are blown by the Bucks are significantly better if they end up 6th.

Yeah. Of course the only team that will make it out of the East is the Bucks. What was I thinking?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can the Sixers make it to the finals if they end up 5th? My guess is that they beat the 4th seeded team. Then they beat the 1st seeded team. Then they beat the 2nd or 3rd seeded team.

Good luck... you'll needed it, although I doubt wishes will help!

Yeah. Of course the only team that will make it out of the East is the Bucks. What was I thinking?

It can't be two teams that make it out of the East, therefore yeah... What was you thinking?[/QUOTE]

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that the Sixers should be the favorite. I'm simply saying that of all the silly things that Wiggy has said, that really doesn't measure up to a whole lot.

The thread is wrong predictions, not logical predictions.
Its not that hard.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another classic

I'll be real. None of those were insane or even really wrong. But Miami also developed some guys this year who have more value than expected when the post was made.

I'm still trying to figure out why memphis the trade.

Riley put himself in a terrible spot, and then somehow got himself out of it with what i will call some cap gymnastics.

And he did technically use Whiteside to create the space to land a star...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can distract from the fact that the Heat are a capped out mess with no stars, no way to get a star, and have been terribly run the last few years, but you cant change the facts. That Whiteside is a bench player that Riley would give up his first born son in order to have him decline his option next year- that James Johnson and Kelly Olnyk make a combined 26-28M a year both THIS season, NEXT season, and the FOLLOWING season. That Tyler Johnsons contract was SO BAD that you had to take back the corpose of Ryan Anderson making 20M next year just to get rid of him. That the Heat in this 3 year stretch will go from 6th seed, to out of the playoffs, to what? 8 seed- and have been totally irrelevant, have had no cap room, and no high draft picks--- but you already knew all that. lol

Heat will continue to be irrelevant and in NBA purgatory until they get a star. Right now they have no avenue to get a star.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be real. None of those were insane or even really wrong. But Miami also developed some guys this year who have more value than expected when the post was made.

Riley put himself in a terrible spot, and then somehow got himself out of it with what i will call some cap gymnastics.

Memphis obviously wanted Winslow.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love that in a thread where folks are laughing at Wiggy and buck-Alice for being wrong all the time...buck-Alice is in here giving everyone even more to laugh at.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread is wrong predictions, not logical predictions.
Its not that hard.

I guess. IMO, dunking on someone for making reasonable but ultimately incorrect predictions seems a little unreasonable. Especially when the prediction is "Team will be the favorites in the East" when they turn out to be the 2nd or 3rd favorite team in the East.

The stuff he said about the Heat was a lot more unreasonable, IMO. That is the kinda stuff that makes sense to dunk on him about.

To each their own.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggy's irrational hatred of Butler really clouded his judgment, although with his irrational hatred of the Heat.

Butler is a star. He may not be a top 5 player, but he's a top 15 at the very worst.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were one unlucky (for them) bounce away from beating the champion Raptors...better than the Bucks could do :dhd:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy's irrational hatred of Butler really clouded his judgment, although with his irrational hatred of the Heat.

Butler is a star. He may not be a top 5 player, but he's a top 15 at the very worst.

the one that I quoted didn’t have those butler comments in it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that the Sixers should be the favorite. I'm simply saying that of all the silly things that Wiggy has said, that really doesn't measure up to a whole lot.
It does have strong competition

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. IMO, dunking on someone for making reasonable but ultimately incorrect predictions seems a little unreasonable. Especially when the prediction is "Team will be the favorites in the East" when they turn out to be the 2nd or 3rd favorite team in the East.

The stuff he said about the Heat was a lot more unreasonable, IMO. That is the kinda stuff that makes sense to dunk on him about.

To each their own.

Nothing Wiggy related is unreasonable

#offended

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean are you fucking kidding me?

forget about 20 and 18 which is insane enough

3.4 assists, 1.7 steals, 2.2 blocks a game?

for fucksake.

3.4 assists is like a weeks worth for Whiteside. lol

tomorrow the Pistons could put Drummond on the trade block and get a half a dozen offers in an instant

The Heat couldnt GIVE away whiteside without eating a metaphorical big ole soggy shit sandwichin return.

@WiggyRuss
“Half dozen offers in an instant” lol

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with Wiggy being wrong...again?

It has absolutely nothing to do with Wiggy. Believe it or not, I'm not as obsessed with him as y'all.

It was a mere reminder that you folks shouldn't get used to Miami being a so-called "upper-bracket" playoff contender. They did a nice job clearing salary at the deadline, but other than Bam there aren't many long-term pieces here.

Looks like they're pinning their hopes on free agency yet again...