• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl's picture definitely appeared in the 1st episode but I think he might have briefly appeared as well. I'm pretty sure there was a very short scene that showed Dale, Lori, Shane, and possibly Carl.
It's been quite a while since I've seen the show from the beginning. I missed most of the marathons they have shown. I should watch them again.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, Beth was a minor character. I also like that her death was due to an accidental firearm discharge, instead of the result of some massively heroic sequence...that brings the story back down to earth with the concept that anybody can go at any time, for any reason, without great meaning. Although in one sense, her death actually was pretty heroic in that she was trying to save Noah.

This is also one of the things I enjoy about Game of Thrones......in the first season of GoT, one of the major characters dies because of wounds suffered during a hunting accident....and another character (a great warrior) died in season one due to an infection of a relatively minor wound.

It helps keep things real. Not every character's death should be some flamboyant exercise in heroics or meaningful sacrifice. Shallow, meaningless deaths on a whim help to keep the audience in a state of surprise & shock (shaking one's head in a WTF just happened moment)........if I recall, the moment Beth died, I believe I said WTF!

I love it!

Well said.

Also, Beth's death did not only advance Maggie and Darryl. It advanced/introduced Noah and added to the depth if Rick.

Rick is a psychopath. He has been compared to Shane a bit recently. Even in this very episode, he ran over a "nice guy" with a car, had a conversation with him while he writhed in agony, shot him in the head and told his dead corpse to shut up. Then, by the end of the episode, he watched one of his "flock" get her head blown off, and basically invited any of the other team to join them if they wanted. You can call that inconsistent if you want, but in see it as measured, thoughtful, and not two-dimensional.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You wont watch because they killed beth? I cant even remember her being around until the prison was attacked. She was always in the background. Her scenes bored me. It isnt like when shane was killed. Or tdog.

I think the reason people liked Beth is because of her innocence. She was the only character left who hadn't yet become a killing machine.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to become a killing machine in this world. If you don't, you deserve to get got.

The Governor said it best.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to become a killing machine in this world. If you don't, you deserve to get got.

The Governor said it best.

What's the over/under on Judith's age when she finally puts a knife into someone's cranium?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the over/under on Judith's age when she finally puts a knife into someone's cranium?
I was hoping by now that she was trained to kill the ones on the ground by crawling over and knifing them in the head. I blame Carl and Rick for the lack of training. The over/under for Lil Ass Kicker might be about when she becomes Walker food.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who stops watching because Beth died is not much of a fan. Good character and all but she was secondary and it's not like people don't die on this show.

Beth couldn't handle the injustice anymore and snapped. The group will grieve a little but survival will continue to be first priority. Life, as it is, goes on without her.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who stops watching because Beth died is not much of a fan. Good character and all but she was secondary and it's not like people don't die on this show.

Beth couldn't handle the injustice anymore and snapped. The group will grieve a little but survival will continue to be first priority. Life, as it is, goes on without her.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. :clap:

And I haven't watched Star Trek TNG in years, but Worf's ill-fated main squeeze was a beloved character? :what:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. :clap:

And I haven't watched Star Trek TNG in years, but Worf's ill-fated main squeeze was a beloved character? :what:

Thank you.

Granted, that was 20-25 years ago, but I do not even remember that arc.

However, I am still pissed that thug number 3 died in 2.7 of S.W.A.T. Totally killed the show for me.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been quite a while since I've seen the show from the beginning. I missed most of the marathons they have shown. I should watch them again.

Same here. I'm not 100% sure, probably somewhere around 75-80% that there was 1 short scene in the series premiere from the camp with the previously mentioned characters and maybe Jim and a few other season 1 characters as well, but the majority of the 1st episode was from Rick's POV.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I'm not 100% sure, probably somewhere around 75-80% that there was 1 short scene in the series premiere from the camp with the previously mentioned characters and maybe Jim and a few other season 1 characters as well, but the majority of the 1st episode was from Rick's POV.

I caught up on this show late so I just watched this about 2 months back.

Carl and that camp are in the premiere.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those torn up bout Beth. Speak with this chick about starting a support group.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those torn up bout Beth. Speak with this chick about starting a support group.

I am kinda freaky about this show. I watch every episode at least twice and do occasional marathons.

But jeebus, girlfriend. Get a grip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...that is just a little creepy.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked: :wtf:

Who is recording this? I question the integrity of it, solely cuz I don't wanna believe in this level of ridiculousness.

BTW, LMFAO at the actual music, syncing up with her drama. Too funny.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked: :wtf:

Who is recording this? I question the integrity of it, solely cuz I don't wanna believe in this level of ridiculousness.

BTW, LMFAO at the actual music, syncing up with her drama. Too funny.

I was questioning the validity as well. She continues to look over at the camera during her melt down.

Then again, reaction vids are all the rage on YouTube now, so I believe that she may record herself doing all sorts of things. :puke: