• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really didnt see it that way, Beth was already by rick, Noah was there too, there was 10 feet to the doors if they would have started shooting. As far as the stabbing, Dawns gun was pointed at beth when she walked back, it was more of the reflex of the stab to the shot. To me it seemed there were two bad officers there, the guy that went down the elevator shaft and Dawn, the rest of them seem more concerned about surviving, so I am not sure they would have started shooting if Noah did not go back.

It was just a quick decision to kill beth. She said she was told the episode before so she had time to move. They are at the point that they dont care who they kill off, they have enough fans.

I agree, the scene has some holes. But to me, the holes are somewhat minor (IMHO).

I agree that the Gradians (I like that better Hospitalites) did not have Dawns back. But if bullets start to fly, bullets will start to fly. It was a tense situation. While I think it was a bit of weak writing to have Noah give up so fast, It did make some sense given the situation. Beth ran to Noah to hug him good bye, but then she overheard Dawns comment to him, and like I said, she snapped.

We try to attribute pure, perfect logic to the actions of these characters. In "reality", though, they have hardly slept in two years and are likely somewhat mal-nourished. Making sound, logical decisions, on the spot, in the heat of the moment, is VERY difficult. I think it totally possible that Beth didn't think 3 steps ahead of her stabbing action. In the show, she is only about 19 or so.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I get quite spoilery there, though. So if you don't read the comics, stay away.

Actually, the source of the "hit-and-run" isn't spoilery at all as far as the TV show goes, I think. I will let someone else post it, though, just to make sure that there are at least two of us that feel that way...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could totally see a girl of Beth's stature and demeanor thinking they were gonna wreak all kinds of havoc with those scissors, and it end up just being some sissy pin-prick to the shoulder.

Dawn should've said, "You hit like a girl."

THAT. Would've been AWESOME! :happy:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I get quite spoilery there, though. So if you don't read the comics, stay away.

Actually, the source of the "hit-and-run" isn't spoilery at all as far as the TV show goes, I think. I will let someone else post it, though, just to make sure that there are at least two of us that feel that way...

Just finished the second compendium, which ends with the "Douglas Era", so I'm only around a year and a half behind, I think. I didn't want to post where that came from either, but I figured you'd be talking about it on the other thread. ;)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me that caught me by surprise.
I mean WTF! They brought Beth back to the show just to kill her off! That's messed up LOL

Found it interesting when she kept breaking down & crying on the talking dead. Then the Daryl & Maggie on the interviews talked about how hard it was & Maggie teared up in her interview.

I think the host of the show should have asked the writer after Beth came on the show, so how do you feel to terminate her job while Beth was crying. Would have loved to see him put on the spot while she was all emotional. I know that would have been mean & he would have gotten in trouble for it, but....

It was a shocking & good ending, just sucks they took out Beth instead so many others I would rather have seen killed. I guess they had to take out Carol's competition for Daryl :heh:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck their website for posting a full-on spoiler on fucking facebook.

Casually got on yesterday for the first time in God knows how long, to play a little candy crush, and boom, Picture of Darryl carrying her with the headline, RIP Beth. :L

Buncha fucking bullshit.

fucked it up for me too....i was on twitter and some fucking recruiting site i follow posted that picture. :L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I avoid the shit outta this thread.

At least make me have to fucking click on a clink!? I just scrolled right on to that shit!!

:gaah:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I avoid the shit outta this thread.

At least make me have to fucking click on a clink!? I just scrolled right on to that shit!!

:gaah:

Yeah it didn't spoil it for me but it sucks for those that it did. And then I read all the ignorant comments like "Stay off Facebook if you don't want it spoiled morons!" Well I can't say I fault people for not expecting The Walking Dead to post it on their page so that it would appear on people's newsfeed so soon after it originally aired. It's one thing to suggest people should be smart enough to stay away from specific pages or threads as you did, but I think it's a bit unreasonable to expect them to stay off social media altogether.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it hasn't "spoiled" any other episode!? Usually it'll have shit come up the next day, discussing things er what have you, or you'll have to click a link, never have they just posted a dumb picture with a caption that flat out spoils the whole damn episode.

So. ya, those people can lick my bawls.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
h935E9A24

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't use Facebook. I have an account, but I log in MAYBE twice a month. Complete garbage, IMHO.

But for AMC to post a pic like that right after the east coast showing is a total dick move. 3/4 of the country has not been able to watch it yet.

I think it is BS for people to come into this thread and not expect spoilers of already-aired material. This thread is really easy to avoid for a few hours. But Facebook? By average Joe Dipshit, I kinda understand. But AMC should know better.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an account either. It's my wife's.

I play the fuck outta Candy Crush tho:behindsofa:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't use Facebook. I have an account, but I log in MAYBE twice a month. Complete garbage, IMHO.

But for AMC to post a pic like that right after the east coast showing is a total dick move. 3/4 of the country has not been able to watch it yet.

I think it is BS for people to come into this thread and not expect spoilers of already-aired material. This thread is really easy to avoid for a few hours. But Facebook? By average Joe Dipshit, I kinda understand. But AMC should know better.

Yep. I've gotten weeks behind on other seasons and other shows and dodged threads on here because i expect there to be spoilers. Posting obvious spoilers on social media is lame as shit though, especially when it is being posted by someone associated with the show itself.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did see a funny ass meme this morning with Beth saying something about "blowing her mind" that i can't fucking find now for some reason.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to see the episode last night. One of the best Walking Dead episodes, imo. Good to see Rick, Daryl and Beth all reach their breaking point where they dont really care what happens but they have to do what they have to do.

It also reinforces that the show isnt really about survival. Its about building up characters and watching them avoid death as much as possible but still die in shocking ways. Which Im ok with. Its just funny that the characters dont really see any importance in young women to the survival of the human race.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny how everyone thought the person in the white sheet was Beth a couple weeks ago but go nuts when it actually is her.

I dont think they write this stuff that far in advance. They see what people are talking about and change things up pretty regularly. Emily said she was told after they filmed episode 7 that she was gonna be killed off in 8. (pretty sure she said after 8 she would be killed in 9). I dont know how many weeks or months ago that was, but it seemed pretty current.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny how everyone thought the person in the white sheet was Beth a couple weeks ago but go nuts when it actually is her.

I dont think they write this stuff that far in advance. They see what people are talking about and change things up pretty regularly. Emily said she was told after they filmed episode 7 that she was gonna be killed off in 8. (pretty sure she said after 8 she would be killed in 9). I dont know how many weeks or months ago that was, but it seemed pretty current.

The whole season is pretty much written before they start filming. Further, they are done filming for this season, so there is no way any internet reaction from ep 6 had any bearing on what happened in ep 8.