• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts...

1) I am glad they didn't kill Carol. Sad to see Beth go, but I REALLY like the Carol character.

2) It would have kick ass if the whole place walked out with Rick and Co. I think that would hurt the storyline coming up I. The second half, though. As it is, it looks like only Noah joins.

3) Morgan is back!! It looks like he didn't know he was tracking Rick. If that is the case, what is the story with the markings? We have just assumed it had something to do with the Hunters, but we have never had an explanation, and they still show up mysteriously. We will certainly learn about them coming up.

4) It looks like Gabriel did some growing up in this ep. He just needed to know that the Hunters were bad people. He was blaming Rick for killing them when they just wanted to leave. Seeing the leg made him understand that there are levels of evil. And seeing Mary's bible taught him that even God-Fearing people have completely lost it in this new world.

5) Ironic that Gabriel was on the outside of the secure church, begging to be let in. Nice writing for that part of the scene. However, it got a little lost when he all of the sudden became brave and was willing to sacrifice himself to save them after he ruined their sanctuary.

6) I liked the comic-reference in the killing of Lamson. Not surprised by it, I figured there was a good chance for it. It fit too perfectly.

I have a few more notes I will post in the comic thread...

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the group is in Atlanta...one might think they would check-up on their friends in the nursing home.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the group is in Atlanta...one might think they would check-up on their friends in the nursing home.

The Vatos.

Good point. There was a deleted scene from 2.1 where they went back and found them all killed. Since it didn't make it to the show, though, you have to assume it is not cannon. Thus, I think it would have been a good idea to at least mention them.

With the Vatos and the Hospitalites in the same city, they probably have crossed paths in the 2+ years since the whole thing went down.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed in this episode, particularly in the way Maggie was handled. When she was told the news of Beth being found, I half expected her to say "Oh yeah, what's up with that anyway?". This made her hysterics at the end seem even more contrived.

Why did Beth hug Noah like he was her long-lost best friend? And why did she plunge the itty bitty scissors into Dawn's shoulder? Was she aiming for her neck? What was she trying to accomplish?

Good stuff: Badass Rick.

Awkward Moment: Daryl crying. He sounded a little like Ned Beatty in "Deliverance".

Best Line: Chris Hardwick commenting on Kirkman's casual tease of a Daryl/Wolverine team-up: "That boing you just heard was a collective nerd boner across America".

The special effects seem to be improving, as does the focus on horror.

Was hoping for more from this episode, but I'll get over it. Can't wait for the second half. :yahoo:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It blew that they killed off Beth. Lets find the best person that will shake things up for the twits on twitter. I guess they want to make sure Daryl never becomes a real person.

How is Maggie gonna handle this. She put Beth out of her mind, Michone finally gets to tell her Beth is alive and a half episode later she is broken down crying that she is dead. Just something that really did not have to happen other than to take a couple months off.

If you watched Talking dead, the main writer guy said that Daryl was supposed to be a gay character, but they are introducing an opening gay character this second half. We might see how big an effect Beths death has on Daryl.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It blew that they killed off Beth. Lets find the best person that will shake things up for the twits on twitter. I guess they want to make sure Daryl never becomes a real person.

How is Maggie gonna handle this. She put Beth out of her mind, Michone finally gets to tell her Beth is alive and a half episode later she is broken down crying that she is dead. Just something that really did not have to happen other than to take a couple months off.

If you watched Talking dead, the main writer guy said that Daryl was supposed to be a gay character, but they are introducing an opening gay character this second half. We might see how big an effect Beths death has on Daryl.

The new gay character is from the comics. Kinda confirms the direction the group is taking. And Kirkman said that they CONSIDERED making Daryl gay, but that now he is, in fact, straight. He said he worded his answer in the mailbag section of the comics awkwardly.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed in this episode, particularly in the way Maggie was handled. When she was told the news of Beth being found, I half expected her to say "Oh yeah, what's up with that anyway?". This made her hysterics at the end seem even more contrived.

Why did Beth hug Noah like he was her long-lost best friend? And why did she plunge the itty bitty scissors into Dawn's shoulder? Was she aiming for her neck? What was she trying to accomplish?

Good stuff: Badass Rick.

Awkward Moment: Daryl crying. He sounded a little like Ned Beatty in "Deliverance".

Best Line: Chris Hardwick commenting on Kirkman's casual tease of a Daryl/Wolverine team-up: "That boing you just heard was a collective nerd boner across America".

The special effects seem to be improving, as does the focus on horror.

Was hoping for more from this episode, but I'll get over it. Can't wait for the second half. :yahoo:

All good points.

I thought Daryl crying was OK. He made a real connection with Beth, and went all out to get her back. For her to die there, after she was back and safe, was a crushing blow.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck their website for posting a full-on spoiler on fucking facebook.

Casually got on yesterday for the first time in God knows how long, to play a little candy crush, and boom, Picture of Darryl carrying her with the headline, RIP Beth. :L

Buncha fucking bullshit.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Darryl killing Dawn without hesitation was the best part of the show.

As much as a despised the singing, I certainly liked the eye candy.

Bummed that they killed her off, while the fake scientist is still alive.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Beth would understand that the weapon she used wasn't good enough to get the job done. I think Beth was suicidal, she wanted to take Dawn with her more than anything.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Beth would understand that the weapon she used wasn't good enough to get the job done. I think Beth was suicidal, she wanted to take Dawn with her more than anything.

I don't know if Beth was suicidal cause she seemed happy to see Rick and Darryl and Co. Though I think she wanted to prove to Dawn that she wasn't this hopeless weak person that couldn't survive out of the hospital.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, it was Dawns comment to Noah, "I knew you would be back", that caused Beth to snap.

She had the scissors, just in case. And when that smug comment was made, Beth could not let her "win" in front of her people. She knew that any show against her would cause her grip on the group to unravel.

Now why she stabbed her in the shoulder instead if the neck makes no sense. That would be painful, but not debilitating, so basically guaranteeing her own death.

While I don't think Beth was suicidal (they even had a scene with her and Dawn discussing Beth's scars), I cannot really explain why she just stabbed Dawn in the shoulder.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Beth was suicidal cause she seemed happy to see Rick and Darryl and Co. Though I think she wanted to prove to Dawn that she wasn't this hopeless weak person that couldn't survive out of the hospital.

Dawn did ask her if she wanted to jump during the elevator shaft scene, and Beth did take the key without permission, which is pretty disrespectful in terms of how the whole hospital group works. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention but was it implied that Beth was raped? Dawn asks if the other officers used her? I could be wrong on that. She could have been sacrificing herself for Noah, when she gets left behind during the escape she smiles when Noah makes it, could be the same type of thing.

I liked the references to the Hunters and Bob's last words when Rick kills Bob 2. Rick says "Can't go back, Bob".

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said it was definitely shocking how it all went down but it was a little contrived.

The whole stab her with scissors things was a real wtf? Like I can't even speculate what rational thought could have caused her to try that.

And then the fact that this happens to go down just moments before Abe a crew show up(knew that was going to happen).

If they show up 5 minutes sooner. Dawn's whole Noah plan backfires completely.

Still think the group should have went with Ricks original plan. And even when Dawn asked for Noah they should have completely refused(even if Noah was sacrificing) the rest of the people were not going to do shit.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely think Rick's plan would have worked out better.

For me, the best part was after the credits when Morgan showed up to read that letter. Hope that Lennie James can become a regular on the show.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points.

I thought Daryl crying was OK. He made a real connection with Beth, and went all out to get her back. For her to die there, after she was back and safe, was a crushing blow.

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with Daryl crying, I think it might be more that it doesn't seem to be part of Norman's acting range. When you get past the fact that he plays such a great character, you kinda realize that Sir Laurence Olivier he's not.

And I'm fine with that. I prefer to see him kicking ass and taking names. :nod:

Btw, I haven't checked out the comics thread yet. Did you post a comment about where the hit-and-run scene came from?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, it was Dawns comment to Noah, "I knew you would be back", that caused Beth to snap.

She had the scissors, just in case. And when that smug comment was made, Beth could not let her "win" in front of her people. She knew that any show against her would cause her grip on the group to unravel.

Now why she stabbed her in the shoulder instead if the neck makes no sense. That would be painful, but not debilitating, so basically guaranteeing her own death.

While I don't think Beth was suicidal (they even had a scene with her and Dawn discussing Beth's scars), I cannot really explain why she just stabbed Dawn in the shoulder.

Really didnt see it that way, Beth was already by rick, Noah was there too, there was 10 feet to the doors if they would have started shooting. As far as the stabbing, Dawns gun was pointed at beth when she walked back, it was more of the reflex of the stab to the shot. To me it seemed there were two bad officers there, the guy that went down the elevator shaft and Dawn, the rest of them seem more concerned about surviving, so I am not sure they would have started shooting if Noah did not go back.

It was just a quick decision to kill beth. She said she was told the episode before so she had time to move. They are at the point that they dont care who they kill off, they have enough fans.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't have a problem with Daryl crying, I think it might be more that it doesn't seem to be part of Norman's acting range. When you get past the fact that he plays such a great character, you kinda realize that Sir Laurence Olivier he's not.

And I'm fine with that. I prefer to see him kicking ass and taking names. :nod:

Btw, I haven't checked out the comics thread yet. Did you post a comment about where the hit-and-run scene came from?

Yeah. I get quite spoilery there, though. So if you don't read the comics, stay away.