• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is clear that he is not the brightest bulb in the box. All he knows is that this crew is not who he wants to hang his hat with. He figures "over there" is better than "here". I think it is that simple.

Remember, he believes that God will provide, so he sees no need in doing what needs to be done to protect himself.

He looked like he knew what he was doing when he picked that walker up and body-slammed its ass?:noidea:

For someone that's allegedly been holed up in the same church for 3 years, seems kinda odd that he'd just bail out into the open with no destination in mind?

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked like he knew what he was doing when he picked that walker up and body-slammed its ass?:noidea:

For someone that's allegedly been holed up in the same church for 3 years, seems kinda odd that he'd just bail out into the open with no destination in mind?

Interesting point.

He was wandering when Rick's group first met him. Does he have somewhere he has to be? (serious question)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting point.

He was wandering when Rick's group first met him. Does he have somewhere he has to be? (serious question)

I'm right with ya....he is confusing to me. A complete puss it seems, yet wanders around unarmed. Scared of his shadow, but leaves safety for no reason.

He's definitely mental, but it just seems something is being left out. More than just his followers that left to perish. And more than his disdain for violence due to his allegiance with God. (Which, btw, there are no Jesus lovers left. Those that were religious have all but abandoned it by now.)

I would think a man of severe faith, would be hard-pressed to stick to those guns, 3 years into this nightmare.

I only watched the first 20 minutes of talking dead, but they never even touched upon it in that span....I'll hafta watch the rest to see if they discussed him at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right with ya....he is confusing to me. A complete puss it seems, yet wanders around unarmed. Scared of his shadow, but leaves safety for no reason.

He's definitely mental, but it just seems something is being left out. More than just his followers that left to perish. And more than his disdain for violence due to his allegiance with God. (Which, btw, there are no Jesus lovers left. Those that were religious have all but abandoned it by now.)

I would think a man of severe faith, would be hard-pressed to stick to those guns, 3 years into this nightmare.

I only watched the first 20 minutes of talking dead, but they never even touched upon it in that span....I'll hafta watch the rest to see if they discussed him at all.

I watched most of it, don't think they did. A lot of superfluous stuff, like will Sasha be pregnant on the show, due to the actress' real pregnancy. I don't remember them discussing the Good Rev. The cake was pretty cool looking, tho.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After next weeks finale I'm not gonna bother with this series any longer... and I just don't give a crap what happens to the characters at this point. It's run it's course afaic. Meh...I can waste my time following a better show (and there are a few of those)...or at least one that doesn't have such silly "cult like" fandom regarding such a subject and storyline. A movie on that idea is one thing, but a TV series is another altogether...and it's gotten watered down and uninteresting a while ago.
Fuck it.
Fuggetabodit.

Gotta disagree with ya on this one, Yoga. The show has a lot of faults. but it's still a quality view, imo. And it has had moments of brilliance. I'll keep watching.

On an unrelated note (and one I won't post a lot about on this thread), I picked up the two compendiums a coupla weeks ago and just finished vol. 1. A good, good read. :clap:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else now think that Gabriel is most likely to be the one to run into Morgan when we see him next?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After next weeks finale I'm not gonna bother with this series any longer... and I just don't give a crap what happens to the characters at this point. It's run it's course afaic. Meh...I can waste my time following a better show (and there are a few of those)...or at least one that doesn't have such silly "cult like" fandom regarding such a subject and storyline. A movie on that idea is one thing, but a TV series is another altogether...and it's gotten watered down and uninteresting a while ago.
Fuck it.
Fuggetabodit.

Congrats.

Here's your cookie

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else now think that Gabriel is most likely to be the one to run into Morgan when we see him next?

I don't think we will see Morgan until the season finale.

While not cannon, the online trivia after the first episode stated that Morgan passed the sign "months" later. At this point, it has only been maybe a week or so since they escaped Terminus.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will see Morgan until the season finale.

While not cannon, the online trivia after the first episode stated that Morgan passed the sign "months" later. At this point, it has only been maybe a week or so since they escaped Terminus.

I agree with your timeline. I was aware but had forgotten about that. That being said, this post didn't necessarily intent to imply it would be very soon. I just think that if he wanders off on his own and/or disappears for a bit, I think he'll be the one to bump into Morgan eventually. He may very well head back to the church or be reunited with other members of the main group as soon as next week though. I just don't see him wandering off on his own to simply die alone. I also think he's too new of a character to be a means of introducing other brand new characters. On the other hand, reintroducing an old recurring character is something I could see happening.

On the thread on the hockey board I suggested he might bump into him as soon as next week. After being reminded of that timeline I consider the "as soon as next week" part of it a lot less likely. That being said, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that it happens even if the timeline as you described it is accurate. While it certainly seems likely that any appearance by Morgan would occur after (or immediately prior/during) that scene in the timeline, it doesn't necessarily have to be the case. We may see him prior to that event (whether it has anything to do with Gabriel or not) and see the chain of events that leads him to that point. Admittedly that's a bit of a stretch as I can't think of any reason why he'd be on the tracks headed towards Terminus if he's already had contact with the main cast. The only reason I can think of would be if there was some sort of supply they needed that could be retrieved there.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it.
Fuggetabodit.

If you're looking for a different series to get into I would recommend Gotham. A lot better than I expected and I think they've done a great job of keeping the spirit of the comics alive at the core while adding a bit of realism and grittiness to it.

I still enjoy Walking Dead but it seems to get less believable by the week. I didn't mind the scene where Maggie pulls the gun on Abraham but it would have fit much better at the end of the previous episode. Seemed a little out of place this week.

Another silent car gets the jump on the group, all of these vehicles must be electric or something. I felt like they went a little heavy on the cheese in this last episode. I agree with most people on here, the writing could be a whole lot better but it's still entertaining for a most part.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Every time I come to this thread, it's like 20 threads down in the Entertainment forum.

Yoga and Lilchi are pumping out 'dem music threads;)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still enjoy Walking Dead but it seems to get less believable by the week. I didn't mind the scene where Maggie pulls the gun on Abraham but it would have fit much better at the end of the previous episode. Seemed a little out of place this week.

Well, it is a show about zombies.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean zombies aren't real? :what: