• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoilers for people who are still catching up... then again why the fuck are you in this thread.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8AcpQQ]Honest Trailers - The Walking Dead - YouTube[/ame]

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoilers for people who are still catching up... then again why the fuck are you in this thread.

Honest Trailers - The Walking Dead - YouTube

Mildly humorous.

It is focusing on explicit plot points (change in Rick from a dictator to a more-inclusive leader-type) to show inconsistency; using a single scene (coming across the tent while searching for Sophia) to show constant use of hand-signals; and a single character quirk (Shane rubbing his head) to show ridiculous repetitiveness.

Again, I found it OK, but using that method can show anything to be worthless trash.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mildly humorous.

It is focusing on explicit plot points (change in Rick from a dictator to a more-inclusive leader-type) to show inconsistency; using a single scene (coming across the tent while searching for Sophia) to show constant use of hand-signals; and a single character quirk (Shane rubbing his head) to show ridiculous repetitiveness.

Again, I found it OK, but using that method can show anything to be worthless trash.

i'm a fan of the show but you have to be able to laugh at.

This episode is introducing a pretty fearsome enemy so far.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting episode. I was wondering about the eyes on that walker outside the fence and then the kid at end of the last show. A virus that kills in one day....welcome to the future! The walkers have learned to work together to help breech a fence line....fun times!

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention the rats at those parts of the fence. Is someone feeding them?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that the first time around. I bet it was one of the kids.

That's what I was kind of thinking. The one sister has shown empathy for the walkers (she called the one by his first name Nick). There was also a kid's drawing on one of the interior prison walls that Karen walks by after leaving Tyreese. One of the walker's name on the drawing is Nick. The other sister says she's messed up, not weak. I think it definitely could be the 'messed up' sister doing the zombie feeding at the fence.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Rick may be mentally back from his vacation of farming. This whole flu and walkers knocking down the fence deals have gottem him back on the right track. He can't escape the world that he is in.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I was kind of thinking. The one sister has shown empathy for the walkers (she called the one by his first name Nick). There was also a kid's drawing on one of the interior prison walls that Karen walks by after leaving Tyreese. One of the walker's name on the drawing is Nick. The other sister says she's messed up, not weak. I think it definitely could be the 'messed up' sister doing the zombie feeding at the fence.
Not that those actions killed her father if she was feeding them but it must be in her head now that they are not pets. I wonder about the pigs...is this where the infection really came from? If so how did the walker outside the fence have those same eyes? Maybe it is in the soil they are trying to farm. Many dead were buried there and killed.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first walker of the first episode had the bleeding eyes thing which makes me think that the walkers brought it and that the virus didn't originate at the prison. I think Violet the pig died from the virus but did not carry it nor transferred it. Karen was killing zombies at the fence. Patrick had been hanging out near the fence. Maybe there is some connection there.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first walker of the first episode had the bleeding eyes thing which makes me think that the walkers brought it and that the virus didn't originate at the prison. I think Violet the pig died from the virus but did not carry it nor transferred it. Karen was killing zombies at the fence. Patrick had been hanging out near the fence. Maybe there is some connection there.
Possible. I just wonder if this virus is from fluid contact or is it airborne? Rick got sprayed with blood by that pig.....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was mentioned on Talking Dead after the show that The zombie with the weird eyes died of the flu and became a walker because of it. Not saying that he was not still a carrier of the flu, but he did have the flu before he died, and he died of the flu.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome episode yesterday. I was so-so on the first one in the new series but this one hit hard. Who torched the bodies???

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firebug Suspects...

1) Bob Stookey

He is new, and it looks like he has some "issues". He is an Iraq vet, and apparently an alcoholic. Daryl mentioned that he was on his own when he was found on the road. What happened to the rest of his group?

2) The council

The council may have decided to torch them as a precautionary measure. Harsh, but they cannot afford to let this virus spread. Their numbers are just too low to allow it.

3) The girls

A walker turned by the virus killed their father. The young one described the older one as "messed up in the head".

4) Carl

He shot the "kid" during the battle to protect Hershel and Beth. He is capable of doing the tough deed.

5) The Gov

We know he is coming back. But how did he get into the community?

6) A henchman of the Gov

Is it possible the Gov got a spy into the Prison? If he did, that would explain the feeding of the walkers, but why burn the virus? Wouldn't they WANT the virus to spread in the prison?

I am thinking it is either Bob or one of the girls. MAYBE Carl, but I don't think there is any coming back from that act, so I seriously doubt it will end up being Carl. Carl is one of only two characters who are untouchable (he and Rick).

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firebug Suspects...

1) Bob Stookey

He is new, and it looks like he has some "issues". He is an Iraq vet, and apparently an alcoholic. Daryl mentioned that he was on his own when he was found on the road. What happened to the rest of his group?

2) The council

The council may have decided to torch them as a precautionary measure. Harsh, but they cannot afford to let this virus spread. Their numbers are just too low to allow it.

3) The girls

A walker turned by the virus killed their father. The young one described the older one as "messed up in the head".

4) Carl

He shot the "kid" during the battle to protect Hershel and Beth. He is capable of doing the tough deed.

5) The Gov

We know he is coming back. But how did he get into the community?

6) A henchman of the Gov

Is it possible the Gov got a spy into the Prison? If he did, that would explain the feeding of the walkers, but why burn the virus? Wouldn't they WANT the virus to spread in the prison?

I am thinking it is either Bob or one of the girls. MAYBE Carl, but I don't think there is any coming back from that act, so I seriously doubt it will end up being Carl. Carl is one of only two characters who are untouchable (he and Rick).

I was mostly leaning towards #1 as well. I believe Bob was among the hand full of people present when the doctor explained the virus. However he was not present when Karen was identified as a probably carrier and when she mentioned "David from Decatur" as another likely carrier. I'm sure he could have found out easily enough though. # 6 I never thought about but it makes a lot of sense too and wouldn't necessarily be mutually exclusive with #1. Perhaps Bob is the Governor's mole? Why burn the bodies instead of allowing the virus to spread? Maybe to create chaos/dissention among the group.

I can't see it being the council. At least not the entire group as a unit, but maybe an individual from the council. They were all privy to what the virus can do and to who the 2 probable carriers were. But remember Herschel and Daryl didn't want to turn in Michonne over to the Governor. They hesitantly were going along with it while Rick was considering it. I believe Daryl said something like "It's just not us!" to the idea of turning her in, and that was before they really would have known her for very long. Karen has been part of the group for months now, and we're not sure about David. Maybe if it was the only option, but they had the power to lock them away somewhere in the prison in quarantine until they either died or got better. The doctor could have gone in with a mask to try to treat them. If it was an individual my guess would be Sasha. Carol and Glen seem unlikely, but I have a tendency to suspect the unlikely as long as it can be rationalized somehow which it probably could. I'd still consider them longshots. Daryl and Herschel, I just can't see being part of it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention the reason why I think Sasha would be the most likely from the council is we know the least about her. But also because it would make things pretty interesting between her and her brother, and she would actually have a motive that makes sense. She could say she did it because she was afraid that her brother would catch the virus from Karen so she did it to protect him. And if she was going to take out Karen she might as well take out the other guy too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched 4.3 again, and one thing REALLY jumped out at me...

There was a LOT of blood in Karen's cell.

This means one of two things...

1) Whomever burned her killed her first, then dragged her body out for the pyre

or

2) she died "naturally" and her body was found by the arson. Isnt this how Dr S said the people die from this flu? Their eyes essentially explode? If she started bleeding out of all orifices, that would have caused the bloody mess that Tyrese found.

Also, unrelated... Interesting to see the crew that runs into the massive herd...

Tyrese
Michone
Bob
and...
Darryl.

Darryl and Merle were hard-core racists pre-ZA. Now he is going on a Sunday drive with 3 of the only 4 black people in the community?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carol.... about time her character became somewhat interesting.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, unrelated... Interesting to see the crew that runs into the massive herd...

Tyrese
Michone
Bob
and...
Darryl.

Darryl and Merle were hard-core racists pre-ZA. Now he is going on a Sunday drive with 3 of the only 4 black people in the community?

Lol! That's what I was thinking.