• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I enjoy the action in the Walking Dead. But for me the writing and the action is very average and not stellar at all. And I hate to be "that guy", but in comparison to Breaking Bad the show is miles behind.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched all the webisodes yesterday. The first two (Torn Apart and Cold Storage) were decent enough, but the latest one (The Oath) is horrible. The tie-in to the TV show is a reach at-best. the time line makes NO sense.

As for Cold Storage, I was pissed when I saw it. The actor who played BJ (Daniel Roebuck) was my ideal casting for Eugene. Now that he has already been spent in the TWD universe, I have to re-imagine the role.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I enjoy the action in the Walking Dead. But for me the writing and the action is very average and not stellar at all. And I hate to be "that guy", but in comparison to Breaking Bad the show is miles behind.

I love the Walking Dead, but it isn't even close. Breaking Bad is the best TV drama I've ever seen. The writing, acting, cinematography, music....it was just a perfect combination of everything.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely agree, that's not to say Walking Dead is bad though.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I meant to say "acting" instead of "action" in the second sentence, but I think you guys realized that.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched all the webisodes yesterday. The first two (Torn Apart and Cold Storage) were decent enough, but the latest one (The Oath) is horrible. The tie-in to the TV show is a reach at-best. the time line makes NO sense.

As for Cold Storage, I was pissed when I saw it. The actor who played BJ (Daniel Roebuck) was my ideal casting for Eugene. Now that he has already been spent in the TWD universe, I have to re-imagine the role.
:agree:That last one sucked! They put no effort into that series(The Oath). A waste of time. :lame:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:That last one sucked! They put no effort into that series(The Oath). A waste of time. :lame:

I watched it last night. Not very good. The acting was horrible. The story was blah.

I hope when they start the companion TV series they put more effort into it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 Days. You follow me?

(sorry, have been re-watching S3 w/Otto)

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still love that episode of the CDC center imploding. Watching the older episodes today while I have a day off.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the next main character to die? My money is on Hershel.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the next main character to die? My money is on Hershel.

If the rumors about the Hunters are correct (that we will see them this season), than I think you are right. Hershel has pretty much taken up the "Dale" role from the comics, and it would make since for that to be completed.

I think Sasha is almost guaranteed to be killed ths season, but is she a major character?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carol has long outlasted her shelf life. I think she dies this season but probably not til the end.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors about the Hunters are correct (that we will see them this season), than I think you are right. Hershel has pretty much taken up the "Dale" role from the comics, and it would make since for that to be completed.

I think Sasha is almost guaranteed to be killed ths season, but is she a major character?

MAYBE SPOILERS!
I wonder if they use Hershel like they did Dale in the comics to introduce us to those rogue cannibals, ya know.. when he wakes up and his second leg is gone lol, and then set up for the start of the DC community next season or maybe just the traveling there. of course the TV show has only followed the comics in settings and character names.

Carol has long outlasted her shelf life. I think she dies this season but probably not til the end.

I really like how Carol has become an actually helpful character. I was pleading for her to be killed in the 2nd and first half of the 3rd season. After that preview it looks like most of all the dead weight will be eaten and it will be back to a small group with a few additions from last season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAYBE SPOILERS!
I wonder if they use Hershel like they did Dale in the comics to introduce us to those rogue cannibals, ya know.. when he wakes up and his second leg is gone lol, and then set up for the start of the DC community next season or maybe just the traveling there. of course the TV show has only followed the comics in settings and character names.

I really like how Carol has become an actually helpful character. I was pleading for her to be killed in the 2nd and first half of the 3rd season. After that preview it looks like most of all the dead weight will be eaten and it will be back to a small group with a few additions from last season.

As for Hershel / Dale, that was my thought exactly. I actually thought Cara would end up being the introduction of the Hunters. I suspect that was the intent to tease the comic-readers.

As for Carol, I LOVE the TV version of the character. She is 180 degrees different from the comic version (similar in name only, basically). Now that she is a title-character (along with Scott Wilson), I hope she sticks around a while. But that is no guarantee.

Further thoughts on the first ep, am I the only one that felt that the prison has a definite Hilltop feel to it now? The cafeteria scene absolutely felt very Hilltop-ish.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun stuff last night. Nice to see Daryl being treated like the rock star that he is. Don't know why they aren't spending more time taking out the walkers at the fences. I like the new front gate and how they learned from all of Morgan's traps.

According to the show runner, Scott Gimple, who was on Talking Dead afterwards, episode 2 is going to be absolutely crazy and things will just keep getting crazier. In addition, he said that some characters from the comic, Sgt. Abraham and Rosita, will soon be introduced. Would love to see the Hunters involved.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun stuff last night. Nice to see Daryl being treated like the rock star that he is. Don't know why they aren't spending more time taking out the walkers at the fences. I like the new front gate and how they learned from all of Morgan's traps.

According to the show runner, Scott Gimple, who was on Talking Dead afterwards, episode 2 is going to be absolutely crazy and things will just keep getting crazier. In addition, he said that some characters from the comic, Sgt. Abraham and Rosita, will soon be introduced. Would love to see the Hunters involved.
The walkers are doubled or or more...as it should be in a realistic situation. The group has developed to a government (the council). Not speakiing about the comics but if you are getting alcohol you never put it back. He should have hit the liquor section...avoiding the old wines and beer.