• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The walkers are doubled or or more...as it should be in a realistic situation. The group has developed to a government (the council). Not speakiing about the comics but if you are getting alcohol you never put it back. He should have hit the liquor section...avoiding the old wines and beer.

It definitely looked like they were hinting at Bob being a recovering alcoholic. When he paused just before putting it back, I thought the only thought going through his head was how many more he could grab.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Hershel / Dale, that was my thought exactly. I actually thought Cara would end up being the introduction of the Hunters. I suspect that was the intent to tease the comic-readers.

As for Carol, I LOVE the TV version of the character. She is 180 degrees different from the comic version (similar in name only, basically). Now that she is a title-character (along with Scott Wilson), I hope she sticks around a while. But that is no guarantee.

Further thoughts on the first ep, am I the only one that felt that the prison has a definite Hilltop feel to it now? The cafeteria scene absolutely felt very Hilltop-ish.

That would of been great if they introduced them like that. I wonder how that scene is going to play with Rick's mind as the season continues. I can see the hilltop vibe. The opening seen seem like a small version of it and can see why you feel that way.

In addition, he said that some characters from the comic, Sgt. Abraham and Rosita, will soon be introduced. Would love to see the Hunters involve

Hell yeah! :yahoo:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good show. The whole governor bit got really annoying though. I would have shot that dude in the face the first time I seen him. Next.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Hershel / Dale, that was my thought exactly. I actually thought Cara would end up being the introduction of the Hunters. I suspect that was the intent to tease the comic-readers.

As for Carol, I LOVE the TV version of the character. She is 180 degrees different from the comic version (similar in name only, basically). Now that she is a title-character (along with Scott Wilson), I hope she sticks around a while. But that is no guarantee.

Further thoughts on the first ep, am I the only one that felt that the prison has a definite Hilltop feel to it now? The cafeteria scene absolutely felt very Hilltop-ish.
Explain the 'Hilltop' reference. Is that from the comic?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still love that episode of the CDC center imploding. Watching the older episodes today while I have a day off.

I think that is frankly where the series went wrong they started off putting so much action into the first little bit of episodes, because they had to it was only 6 that when they expanded it people didnt want character development and now they complain about it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely looked like they were hinting at Bob being a recovering alcoholic. When he paused just before putting it back, I thought the only thought going through his head was how many more he could grab.
Possible but my comment was more about how beer and wine could taste after 3+ years in GA heat.....not very pleasing. Until this episode I have never seen the guy to know what his deal was.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hilltop is a comic book reference. I just finished reading through Volume 16 which is when the Hilltop is introduced. Just got Volumes 17 and 18 delivered today. Excited to read what happens next!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible but my comment was more about how beer and wine could taste after 3+ years in GA heat.....not very pleasing. Until this episode I have never seen the guy to know what his deal was.

Yeah, the hard liquor would have kept better. It could be used as an antiseptic in a pinch as well!

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is frankly where the series went wrong they started off putting so much action into the first little bit of episodes, because they had to it was only 6 that when they expanded it people didnt want character development and now they complain about it.
I guess it is how you look at this series.It was a comic book before it was a TV series. They can only go so far from the original storyline.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hilltop is a comic book reference. I just finished reading through Volume 16 which is when the Hilltop is introduced. Just got Volumes 17 and 18 delivered today. Excited to read what happens next!
Was the Hilltop another safe zone? Honestly I should just stop posting about anything except for the TV show because I will never read the comic version. If I ignore those posts.....don't be offended for those who wish to talk about it.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the Hilltop another safe zone? Honestly I should just stop posting about anything except for the TV show because I will never read the comic version. If I ignore those posts.....don't be offended for those who wish to talk about it.

It's a walled community. I'm just getting there in the comics. Safe? I don't think from humans. There is a new bad man name Negan being introduced at this point of the comics.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it is how you look at this series.It was a comic book before it was a TV series. They can only go so far from the original storyline.

They can expand it they have started doing comics based off the TV show now too.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can expand it they have started doing comics based off the TV show now too.

AMC is going to have a companion series eventually. I'm not sure how much of that will be based on the comics though. I think they want to explore what may be going on in different part of the country/world.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMC is going to have a companion series eventually. I'm not sure how much of that will be based on the comics though. I think they want to explore what may be going on in different part of the country/world.

Yeah like another Walking Dead TV I saw that.... Though off shoots are generally never as good as the original.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like another Walking Dead TV I saw that.... Though off shoots are generally never as good as the original.

That's usually the case. Hopefully it doesn't water things down for the original.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I ATTEMPT to make my comic references somewhat cryptic so that those who have red the comics would understand my point, but those who have not wont be TOO spoiled.

Keeping it simple with out too much explanation, Hilltop is another community that the Survivors (a term the comic has begun using for our group) encounter post-prison.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bob had not appeared in the show before 4.1. He was a VERY minor character in the comics (really just mentioned in passing).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suspect the spin-off will be completely original material.

I fear that over-saturation will kill the original, though.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the premiere was a solid episode, I know Rick wants to believe there is good in the world or good people, but come on, we all knew something was up with that chick in the woods. Can't believe her story, sounded sketchy.