• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone kind of knew that Alpha was going to get killed last night but I didn't see the Carol/Negan connection although some had mentioned it awhile ago. It was a good episode last night. Talking Dead would have been interesting last night.
“Would have been”??

I thought the sneak peak for Ride carried on a bit long...

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Hurst is a weird guy

It is odd how he totally BECAME Opie. He was such a clean cut guy before SoA...

He's looking for more....

It's not unusual for folks who become successful and financially secure at a relatively young age (Hurst is 43) to start to explore/search for more meaning to their existence.

meditation.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do y'all think is the most defining or important moment in the history of the show?

For me... Sophia coming out of the barn.

Agree with Sophia coming out of the barn. I also have to mention Shane turning on Otis to save himself and get the meds back to Carl. That was the first time we really saw a human betray another human.

Season 2 had some really boring parts but has some really memorable ones as well. I loved how Shane gradually went from pre-apocalypse hero to post-apocalypse villain while Daryl slowly went in the other direction.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some random whisperer recognized Beta because Gamma tore a small part if his mask off? His voice, build, and eyes never gave it away but a tiny part of his face did?

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some random whisperer recognized Beta because Gamma tore a small part if his mask off? His voice, build, and eyes never gave it away but a tiny part of his face did?
Didn't he mention that he thought he was familiar even before that?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read an interview with either a writer or a producer that there is more to Beta's back story that we should be getting. Might of even been somebody famous, which is why the Whisperer thought his voice was familiar.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an interview with either a writer or a producer that there is more to Beta's back story that we should be getting. Might of even been somebody famous, which is why the Whisperer thought his voice was familiar.
I like that idea. Possibly a pro athlete, wrestler, or actor.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scene was soooo awkward. Rank-whisperer suddenly appears out of nowhere and the first thing he thinks to say is “hey, I know you!”. They have been in the same community for who knows how long, but a minor tear in his mask is the final piece of the puzzle? And no trouble with the fact Beta just killed one if your community mates. Nope, you gotta mention that you acknowledge he was famous almost 10 years ago.

Horribly executed scene.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that idea. Possibly a pro athlete, wrestler, or actor.
BIG TIME country western singer. One of the main reasons he wears the mask 100% of the time is to avoid being recognized.

in the books he was an NBA superstar. They changed him to a singer in the show.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG TIME country western singer. One of the main reasons he wears the mask 100% of the time is to avoid being recognized.

in the books he was an NBA superstar. They changed him to a singer in the show.

That's cool. Wasn't Tyreese an NFL player in the comics?

Reminds me of a movie about 20 years ago. I forget what it was called but it was set in a post apocalyptic world and Tom Petty played a nameless character, presumably himself but I don't think it was confirmed. Someone mentioned that they knew him and that he was famous. He acknowledged that he use to be famous and I think that was it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tonight's episode started off kind of boring but it ended up kind of interesting. The visions of the alternate universe where Michonne doesn't help Andrea was kind of cool but would have been more interesting if it was actually plausible. Michonne met Andrea and Rick's crew in Georgia but as far as we know Negan and the Saviors were always in Virginia. That plus we already saw what happened when Michonne stumbled into a rival group before meeting Rick, not that it would have necessarily gone down the same.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he mention that he thought he was familiar even before that?

He did. I don't think he suspected anyone specific but just thought the voice sounded familiar. Only saw it once a week ago but that's how I remember it at least.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool. Wasn't Tyreese an NFL player in the comics?

Reminds me of a movie about 20 years ago. I forget what it was called but it was set in a post apocalyptic world and Tom Petty played a nameless character, presumably himself but I don't think it was confirmed. Someone mentioned that they knew him and that he was famous. He acknowledged that he use to be famous and I think that was it.
Yes, he was. I believe he was in the show as well. Iirc, in the books, he was not a good player. I think he was basically on the Falcons scout team. Michone recognizing him in the books either showed that Kirkman has no idea how the NFL works or shows that Michone is a HUGE football fan.

The movie you are thinking of is The Postman. Petty played “The Mayor”, but he was basically supposed to be himself.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Talking Dead now...

Denise Huth REALLY needs to shave those chompers down. She would make a TERRIFYING zombie.