• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killing Glenn and Abraham simultaneously. Glenn pretty much in line with comic. Told me they didn't have much direction for the show beyond the source material so it was that coupled with Kirkman stating he had no plans on length of show that I went from constant to passive viewer.

He recently just randomly announced what caused the outbreak even though the first few seasons were about finding a cure kinda.

I stopped watching two years ago, difficult decision, but I just lost interest, I believe they killed off some of the best characters before they should have and kept some around they shouldn't have.

Examples, Tyreese, Abraham & Beth

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they should have had Shane leave in season two and later they could have made Shane and his group meet up with Rick and the group.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they should have had Shane leave in season two and later they could have made Shane and his group meet up with Rick and the group.

At some point like you said the viewer gets fatigue with starting over.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killing Glenn and Abraham simultaneously. Glenn pretty much in line with comic. Told me they didn't have much direction for the show beyond the source material so it was that coupled with Kirkman stating he had no plans on length of show that I went from constant to passive viewer.

killing Glenn follows the comics. Apparently, Abraham was supposed to die at that point in the comics, but they changed directions when they decided to kill him off at Dwight’s hand instead. So killing him in the lineup in the show was kinda a nod to how the comics were originally supposed to be.

He recently just randomly announced what caused the outbreak even though the first few seasons were about finding a cure kinda.

That “announcement” was in jest. In Issue 75, there was a joke dream sequence in which the whole thing was explained as some intergalactic recruiting thing. I believe that was in response to how Kirkman pitched the show to AMC.

The whole CDC arc in S1 was Darabonte’s doing. It caused a lot of friction between Kirkman and Darabonte. It actually lead to Darabonte leaving the show. Kirkman has stated from the beginning (WAY before the show ever started) that he has no desire to ever explore the cause of the outbreak.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finishing up the Whisperers arc in the comic and watching the season opener at the same time. The comics are riveting. As for the show, I'll say this: Alpha (Samantha Morton?) is one scary beeyotch.

As for the rest? Well, I'm tired of every Walker scene being of them snarling and grasping, but always coming up just short. Can anyone explain to me why Gimple and Co. decided to morph Negan into a kinda sorta hero?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the defining moment goes, I think I agree with @Nosferatu: Sophia coming out of the barn. I'd probably rank Laurie's death second.

All Time Best Episode: Season 1, episode 4: "Vatos". In my opinion, this episode has never been matched.

Best Character Development: Here's where it's dicey. Until recently, Carol was a lock for my vote. Her transformation from mousey, abused housewife to a badass ninja warrior was brilliant. Sadly, it seems that she has turned into a whimpering mess. A shame.

So...where does that leave us? By default, Maggie gets my vote, and I can't wait until she comes back. Darryl's character is the same its always been, and I really don't have much use for the new people except for Jerry.

Have I missed someone? Lemme know.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the defining moment goes, I think I agree with @Nosferatu: Sophia coming out of the barn. I'd probably rank Laurie's death second.

All Time Best Episode: Season 1, episode 4: "Vatos". In my opinion, this episode has never been matched.

Best Character Development: Here's where it's dicey. Until recently, Carol was a lock for my vote. Her transformation from mousey, abused housewife to a badass ninja warrior was brilliant. Sadly, it seems that she has turned into a whimpering mess. A shame.

So...where does that leave us? By default, Maggie gets my vote, and I can't wait until she comes back. Darryl's character is the same its always been, and I really don't have much use for the new people except for Jerry.

Have I missed someone? Lemme know.

Maggie is one of the people I was talking about when I said they kept some around they shouldn't have, her terrible acting and ever changing accent turned me away. I liked her in seasons 2 and 3 but the way the character handled Beth's death was the final shot.

For me all of season 1 & 2 were the best episodes, I understand they had to eventually give the group something else to fight other than the walkers I just really liked the show in the beginning when it was about the dead.

I think the biggest mistake in the show was killing Shane, I also hated them killing Tyreese but there is so much that could have been done with Shane's character.

Just my :2cents:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finishing up the Whisperers arc in the comic and watching the season opener at the same time. The comics are riveting. As for the show, I'll say this: Alpha (Samantha Morton?) is one scary beeyotch.

As for the rest? Well, I'm tired of every Walker scene being of them snarling and grasping, but always coming up just short. Can anyone explain to me why Gimple and Co. decided to morph Negan into a kinda sorta hero?
My explaination for Neegan’s face turn completely stems from the books. We are well past this area on the show, so I don’t really think it needs spoiler tags, but I will add them just to be safe...

Negan was ALWAYS a good guy. He did what he thought was needed in the world he found himself. In the final showdown with Rick, they met u dear white flag to discuss as generals of armies to reach an agreement. Rick was the one who broke that peace. In the discussion, Negan bowed to Ricks vision is society and at that moment, “the Saviors” were no more, as far as Negan was concerned. But hot-head Rick didn’t believe Negan, so he finished the attack. I always DID believe Negan.

Negan is an asshole. He always was. He cheated on Lucille, but he changed on a dime once she got cancer. Just like he changed on a dime once he truly saw Ricks way was better for humanity.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My explaination for Neegan’s face turn completely stems from the books. We are well past this area on the show, so I don’t really think it needs spoiler tags, but I will add them just to be safe...

Negan was ALWAYS a good guy. He did what he thought was needed in the world he found himself. In the final showdown with Rick, they met u dear white flag to discuss as generals of armies to reach an agreement. Rick was the one who broke that peace. In the discussion, Negan bowed to Ricks vision is society and at that moment, “the Saviors” were no more, as far as Negan was concerned. But hot-head Rick didn’t believe Negan, so he finished the attack. I always DID believe Negan.

Negan is an asshole. He always was. He cheated on Lucille, but he changed on a dime once she got cancer. Just like he changed on a dime once he truly saw Ricks way was better for humanity.
Always figured Negan is what Shane would have become, if he had lived long enough.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought this episode was one of the best I've seen in a while.

The Darryl/Alpha fight was excellent. Seeing both on the edge of death but still trying to keep fighting, Alpha's talk with Lydia, etc was all good. I couldn't figure out how Darryl would even survive.

And then there was the segment with Beta in Alexandria which was also scary and exciting as hell.

Even the Gamma segments were good.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say...these are the Walkers in every show. Have been for quite awhile.

1009feat.jpg

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, my little avocado's death is coming soon. I shall mourn. And then, I'll watch her on that Selena show. :nod::nod::nod:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, my little avocado's death is coming soon. I shall mourn. And then, I'll watch her on that Selena show. :nod::nod::nod:
Look at the bright side...

You got more of her on the show than you got of her in the books...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing, but what kind of dental plan would the Whisperers have?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done better than they did it in the books, but they did it the same.

in the books, it was pointless, and just kinda “boom. Surprise. She’s dead.” Here, at least they explained it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone kind of knew that Alpha was going to get killed last night but I didn't see the Carol/Negan connection although some had mentioned it awhile ago. It was a good episode last night. Talking Dead would have been interesting last night.