• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The VP looks much better, healthier?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
P-Willie has been great this year as usual, but he hasn't been his amazing, dominant self. I think he might've been hurting this season or something & finally got healthy because he looks a step faster than he did at the beginning of the season. He's back to being the best ILB in football.

Yes even slightly better than Bowman (as bad of timing as it is to say that).

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. I love them both. But I think Bowman is the best ILB in the game. He's the playmaker that Willis (and I) always wished Willis could be. Both guys are always around the ball, good in coverage, good pass rushers, etc. but Bowman seems much more likely to take over or make that game (Winning? Ending?) play.

Just looking at this season I think Willis might be the worst linebacker in our corps. But he's still probably a top 3 ILB. It says a lot about or corps if he is the weakest link, relatively speaking.

You're right that he has seemed to get better as the season wears on, hopefully our whole defense is ready to bring it come playoff time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Bowman in the better player but I agree with you last night was nice to see. We haven't seen that from him since last year. I do think Willis coverage hasn't been great either this year. I do think he has been hurt. Lets remember he was hurt in training camp and a little during the year so maybe its taking him a little to get going.

I love willis and still think he is top 5 but I think Bowman has passed him. What bowman did when Willis was out was amazing. He carried the D at that time.

Im still a little surprise how teams are able to run on us a little. Who isn't playing their part. Is it dorsey, Mac, Brooks not playing good run defense. I know Willis, Bowman, J. Smith and A. Smith have done their part in the run game.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im still a little surprise how teams are able to run on us a little. Who isn't playing their part. Is it dorsey, Mac, Brooks not playing good run defense. I know Willis, Bowman, J. Smith and A. Smith have done their part in the run game.

We have a top 5 run defense so everyone is doing there part it's just that you're not going to stuff the run all the time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a top 5 run defense so everyone is doing there part it's just that you're not going to stuff the run all the time.

Yeah but its not like last year. We have had some games where RBs had their way against us.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah but its not like last year. We have had some games where RBs had their way against us.

Stat wise the run defense is just a tad worse compared to last season so in this case it just SEEMS like it's worse when it's basically been the same.

Now 2012 and 2013 run defenses are nothing compared to our 2011 run defense but that was just a unbelievable season for our defense and it's not something that was going to be sustainable.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Stat wise the run defense is just a tad worse compared to last season so in this case it just SEEMS like it's worse when it's basically been the same.

Now 2012 and 2013 run defenses are nothing compared to our 2011 run defense but that was just a unbelievable season for our defense and it's not something that was going to be sustainable.

That 2011 defense was something else.