• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Vikings are 7 point favorites against the Bears

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys aren't a very good team. Bears are decent and good at home, but I think unless they play Minn they lose in the first round.

"Decent" is an hilarious way to describe possibly the most well rounded team in the game. The Bears have proven they're a top team at every stop. Give me a break... I guess that will be the new "hurdle" they have to climb to get "respect" before the critics move the needle back another inch.

Because the odds of them losing to anyone at Soldier Field would not be good. Seattle? Philly? Give me a break. I'd bet a testicle on it. There is zero chance they lose in front of their home crowd, in that stadium. The D is utterly brilliant at home in that building. Not "good"... they play all-time good.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Decent" is an hilarious way to describe possibly the most well rounded team in the game. The Bears have proven they're a top team at every stop. Give me a break... I guess that will be the new "hurdle" they have to climb to get "respect" before the critics move the needle back another inch.

Because the odds of them losing to anyone at Soldier Field would not be good. Seattle? Philly? Give me a break. I'd bet a testicle on it. There is zero chance they lose in front of their home crowd, in that stadium. The D is utterly brilliant at home in that building. Not "good"... they play all-time good.

They have a young, unproven QB. It’s the same situation as the Rams. Until that QB wins a big game, people will doubt them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:cheer2:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't skurred of duh eagles

Philly's horrific secondary and pass defense rids me of any fears I have of losing in the post-season at home. Which could only arise from Mitch having a horrible game. They don't have the ability to force that.

I admit, Foles little run is unsettling. However, our pass rush will get to him, they can't run the ball... Frankly, I don't see how they score more than 1 TD.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said all year that they'll win in the WC round and lose in the divisional round. That will likely be what happens. They're not the same team on the road.

However, you are slighting the fuck out of how good the team has been.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a young, unproven QB. It’s the same situation as the Rams. Until that QB wins a big game, people will doubt them.

Yeah, but doubting the D in a home playoff game, in the cold at Soldier Field vs a wild card team is mentally retarded. Trubisky just has to not shit his pants entirely to win vs those teams. If he plays well, then you're talking about a multiple score victory.

You want to doubt him against NO or LA? Go right the hell ahead

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all year that they'll win in the WC round and lose in the divisional round. That will likely be what happens. They're not the same team on the road.

I think if you can get some elevated play from Trubisky, the Bears have a chance to win the NFC. The defense is good enough, for sure.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly's horrific secondary and pass defense rids me of any fears I have of losing in the post-season at home. Which could only arise from Mitch having a horrible game. They don't have the ability to force that.

I admit, Foles little run is unsettling. However, our pass rush will get to him, they can't run the ball... Frankly, I don't see how they score more than 1 TD.

The Eagles defense has been decent since that embarrassing loss to the Saints. Some of the guys in the defensive backfield seem to be a little more comfortable now that they’ve got some experience. It’s still not a very good D, but they’ve at least had their moments.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I think they lose week 1 (unless Minn) and you think they lose week 2...and I'm slighting the fuck out of how good the team has been??? I'd keep a close eye on that testicle if I were you...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you can get some elevated play from Trubisky, the Bears have a chance to win the NFC. The defense is good enough, for sure.

I agree. It's going to come down to Trubisky having to lead a key drive or two at some point - if they make it to either of those two POTENTIAL games in LA or NO.

On the road, I have my doubts if he's there yet. One of the reasons why I think they go out in the divisional round to LA (unless they steal the bye - which complicates things). I guess we'll see how much growing up he's really done this year. He's come a ways, but to lead a team to a SB through two road battles? You have to be "there".

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles defense has been decent since that embarrassing loss to the Saints. Some of the guys in the defensive backfield seem to be a little more comfortable now that they’ve got some experience. It’s still not a very good D, but they’ve at least had their moments.

That's fair. I just see their overall numbers and have read Eagles fans here talking hyperbolically about "this is the worst secondary of all-time". I still like us at home, but I would rather have Minnesota.

Which is a conundrum, because I can't root against the Bears and still have slim/outside hope for a bye.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I think they lose week 1 (unless Minn) and you think they lose week 2...and I'm slighting the fuck out of how good the team has been??? I'd keep a close eye on that testicle if I were you...

What? The difference between losing to a 9 win wild card team AT HOME (especially for the Bears - at home is key)... and losing on the West Coast in fucking LA? That is a GIGANTIC, GARGANTUAN difference.

That's like saying losing to Buffalo last year in the Wild Card Round wasn't different than losing in PIT or NE.

You do realize that they'll play different teams from the first to the second round, right? It's a whole different matchup, won't be in the same building... etc... It's a cool little tournament. Check into how it works.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? The difference between losing to a 9 win wild card team AT HOME (especially for the Bears - at home is key)... and losing on the West Coast in fucking LA? That is a GIGANTIC, GARGANTUAN difference.

That's like saying losing to Buffalo last year in the Wild Card Round wasn't different than losing in PIT or NE.

You do realize that they'll play different teams from the first to the second round, right? It's a whole different matchup, won't be in the same building... etc... It's a cool little tournament. Check into how it works.
Is that a poor attempt at humor or a stupid comment? I admit I can't figure it out...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a poor attempt at humor or a stupid comment? I admit I can't figure it out...

I'm just making sure that you're aware the Bears won't play the same team in their 2nd playoff game as their 1st. It's a single elimination tournament. You seem to not understand the difference between the Wild Card and Divisional Round. You seem to believe that from round-to-round the matchups don't get more difficult.

The difference between playing a 9 win wild card team at home vs playing LA in LA for the Bears is enormous.

Again... did you not see that much of a difference between 9-7 Buffalo last season vs playing #1 NE or #2 PIT? Goodness gracious. That's a world of difference.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. I just see their overall numbers and have read Eagles fans here talking hyperbolically about "this is the worst secondary of all-time". I still like us at home, but I would rather have Minnesota.

Which is a conundrum, because I can't root against the Bears and still have slim/outside hope for a bye.

In fairness, the secondary has been bad throughout the course of the season. There are a few guys who have started to come around though - Avante Maddox, for starters, and LeBlanc. There are still major weaknesses there, it’s just not as bad as it’s been.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just making sure that you're aware the Bears won't play the same team in their 2nd playoff game as their 1st. It's a single elimination tournament. You seem to not understand the difference between the Wild Card and Divisional Round. You seem to believe that from round-to-round the matchups don't get more difficult.

The difference between playing a 9 win wild card team at home vs playing LA in LA for the Bears is enormous.

Again... did you not see that much of a difference between 9-7 Buffalo last season vs playing #1 NE or #2 PIT? Goodness gracious. That's a world of difference.
Now it's clear to me, it was a stupid comment...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, the secondary has been bad throughout the course of the season. There are a few guys who have started to come around though - Avante Maddox, for starters, and LeBlanc. There are still major weaknesses there, it’s just not as bad as it’s been.

LeBlanc was a gigantic liability here too most of the time. I thought he was making strides at the end of his time here and was disappointed to hear he was doing so poorly in Philly. I thought he was an okay depth guy - clearly I was mistaken.

LeBlanc seemed to make some big plays in his time here. A couple big interceptions, one very notable pick six vs Stafford. However, he got burned for big gains a ton. Without a doubt.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's clear to me, it was a stupid comment...

Says the guy who doesn't think playing a 9 win Wild Card team at home is all that much different from playing a 13 win #2 seed on the West Coast.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who doesn't think playing a 9 win Wild Card team at home is all that much different from playing a 13 win #2 seed on the West Coast.
That is not even close to what I said. There is no way you are older than 13

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not even close to what I said. There is no way you are older than 13

So I think they lose week 1 (unless Minn) and you think they lose week 2...and I'm slighting the fuck out of how good the team has been???

Did your dad push your pregnant mother down a stair case that led to a crew of baseball bat armed thugs to whack in her in the belly?

Clearly, you are implying that predicting the Bears to lose in the Wild Card vs Divisional Round is a negligible difference here.