• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The upcoming schedule looks tougher now.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting at 2-2 after having just eked out a win over Tampa Bay, the rest of the season doesn't add a lot of respite. Atlanta and Minnesota look like tougher Ws in light of their early season success, Pittsburgh and Baltimore always play tough, and the Giants and Eagles are solid.

Redskins.com | Season Schedule

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all knew coming into the season that the schedule was going to be pretty tough. Honestly though, the only games on the schedule that right now I would say would not be winnable (based on how teams are playing) would be the Atlanta and Chicago games. Noone in the NFC East terrifies me and I think Washington could win some of those games. The Defense will certainly have to play much better and the running game will have to continue to be good and continue and improve. OLine hasn't been all that bad, they need to continue to get better too. We cannot expect for RG3 to bail us out every game. As much as I admire his competitiveness, he is playing a little bit reckless at times (Vick-esque) and I am afraid he is going to get injured.

Still say 8-8 is attainable..if the defensive secondary plays better.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing isn't it? The offense starts to turn it around.. you can see REAL perpetual potentional for the first time in ages, from the qb to the rb to the receiving corps.. and our defense falls flat. The defense is what was keeping us competitive for years.. or, at the very least, keeping us from having 4-win seasons.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, do either of you guys frequent any Redskins sites that we can recruit and get some educated and mature posters over here. man it would be nice for this place to blow up like the Niners and Bengals site!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, do either of you guys frequent any Redskins sites that we can recruit and get some educated and mature posters over here. man it would be nice for this place to blow up like the Niners and Bengals site!

I stop by the disney site every once in awhile but post very little..way too many trolls over there and frankly, some of our own I would not want over here. There seems to be a few intelligent posters who know their Redskins football it seems. One goes by the handle of "dbovey" or "davidbovey", there is "Skinsdad" too. At a glance, they and a few others seem pretty OK. I can send them a PM over there and see if they would like to join and recruit who they think would be a good fit over here. There are a few like "bananaman" (and his many aliases) that I don't want here anyway, any shape, any how. They are very Foozish if you know what I mean 46...actually much worse than fooz.

What about you Ruby?? Do you frequent any sites..that have more than intelligent posters. Ones that aren't haters??

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all knew coming into the season that the schedule was going to be pretty tough. Honestly though, the only games on the schedule that right now I would say would not be winnable (based on how teams are playing) would be the Atlanta and Chicago games. Noone in the NFC East terrifies me and I think Washington could win some of those games. The Defense will certainly have to play much better and the running game will have to continue to be good and continue and improve. OLine hasn't been all that bad, they need to continue to get better too. We cannot expect for RG3 to bail us out every game. As much as I admire his competitiveness, he is playing a little bit reckless at times (Vick-esque) and I am afraid he is going to get injured.

Still say 8-8 is attainable..if the defensive secondary plays better.

Chicago isnt on the schedule. Only NFC North team the Skins play is Minnesota.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stop by the disney site every once in awhile but post very little..way too many trolls over there and frankly, some of our own I would not want over here. There seems to be a few intelligent posters who know their Redskins football it seems. One goes by the handle of "dbovey" or "davidbovey", there is "Skinsdad" too. At a glance, they and a few others seem pretty OK. I can send them a PM over there and see if they would like to join and recruit who they think would be a good fit over here. There are a few like "bananaman" (and his many aliases) that I don't want here anyway, any shape, any how. They are very Foozish if you know what I mean 46...actually much worse than fooz.

What about you Ruby?? Do you frequent any sites..that have more than intelligent posters. Ones that aren't haters??

Honestly, the two sites I've visited in the past (Disney and PSR) don't have the kind of posters I think SportsHoopla is looking for. I agree that dbovey and Skinsdad seem pretty coherent and have the ability to contain themselves, but based on a lot of the trolling and in-fighting I haven't visited Disney's Redskins board since last year. (Well, that, and the fact that their game-day threads always seemed to freeze up my old laptop.) PSR does have a poster named Arenas who seems pretty knowledgeable, but he can come across as pretty standoffish. If I see anyone in my travels that fits the bill I'll be sure to let them know about SportsHoopla.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G-Men up next. We have had their number the last couple years but I think this is a tougher, albeit..winnable, matchup. They are fairly balanced on offense and also play some pretty good D. The game is in NY not making it any easier. It will be a close game but unfortunately I don't think we will win this one. But, with RG3..anything is possibly :nod:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G-Men up next. We have had their number the last couple years but I think this is a tougher, albeit..winnable, matchup. They are fairly balanced on offense and also play some pretty good D. The game is in NY not making it any easier. It will be a close game but unfortunately I don't think we will win this one. But, with RG3..anything is possibly :nod:

Your assessment was spot on. I thought this would be a winnable, but tough game as well. That turned out to be the case. I hope Fred Davis's injury isn't severe. We had opportunities despite the turnovers. But our secondary... wow. We have GOT to work on that. As good as Victor Cruz is, there is no way in hell he should have been able to get ahead of our defenders close to the end of the game like that and get the score.

Despite that, RG continues to show he has a lot of fight in him. Our o-line looked a little pourous there in the second half.. thank the heavens Alfred Morris is looking like a pretty solid back, otherwise it would practically ALL be on Griffin to win these games. Did you see that scramble and pass on the 4th down conversion? No way in the world we would have gotten that with Grossman or Beck at the helm. That was a close and exciting game. Despite the adversity we faced, with the turnovers, injuries and all, the loss isn't that deflating. I'm really excited for the future.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Davis is done for the season with a torn Achilles :frown: ..hopefully he can make a full recovery and come back with the same feet and speed. The offensive line didn't look great in the 2nd half, but they have been much better than I expected this year. Still, they are old and injury prone. Hopefully a couple of the draft picks will work out and we can work them into the rotation somewhere down the road. Secondary is the glaring hole in this team right now. Secondary first and OL second need to be addressed in the offseason.

Morris has been a workhorse..what a steal in the draft. Griffin is much better than I thought he would be at this point. He has the vision, intelligence, moxy, and athleticism to keep us in nearly every game (just like they all said he would :wink:). The obscene amount of draft picks to get him looks like they will be well worth it.

We are still a couple years away..but if we get a few more pieces, get some luck, and everyone stays healthy..I think this could be a wildcard team next year (hell..maybe even this year??) and be poised for a serious playoff run in '14-'15.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers up next. They are going to be a tough matchup, especially up there. Once again, a winnable matchup, but RG3 and Co. will have to keep it close to the end. Their Defense is one of the best in the league. Run D is ranked #9, Pass D #2, Total D #2. The Shanahans will have to call a good game to move the ball on them. They should use what Tennessee did a couple weeks ago as a blueprint. They had some success running and throwing the ball. If Alfred Morris runs for 100+ I think we have a great chance to win (no small feat). I think the key is our pitiful secondary keeping Wallace, Brown, and Miller under control. If they can't do that..it could get ugly. I say RG3 keeps it close throwing the ball and making plays, but Washington loses another heartbreaker in the 4th quarter. Steelers 24 Skins 20

You going to the game 46????