• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Tribe visit the Rangers 6/6 to 6/9

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a failed strategy, no front office or coaching staff is perfect, so I'm not saying they should all be fired for this, and we had a decimated starting rotation which contributed to this problem. But we have 4 successful bullpen pitchers transitioned to SP who are now floundering, so it's safe to say this experiment needs to end...groom the pitcher in the minors - starter or reliever, and leave them there...
Agree and hope coaches do too.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave the damn line-up alone when it's working. Odor deserved to be out there again, and an error by Sardinas costed us any chance at a comeback as the scored 3 after it. Wash moves Choice into the lead-off spot and he and Choo go without a hit.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently every time we score we give at least one of the runs back. I don't know what to do about the bullpen, but it's awful. Frasor and Soria are the only ones that can get through an inning.

I can't believe we didn't make a better offer than the Twins. IMO, the FO basically sent a message to the team that this just isn't our year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave the damn line-up alone when it's working. Odor deserved to be out there again, and an error by Sardinas costed us any chance at a comeback as the scored 3 after it. Wash moves Choice into the lead-off spot and he and Choo go without a hit.
Don't try and figure it out you'll go nuts. If it ain't broke.... you know.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree except I wish we had a replacement for Moreland.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twins, though! 7.5M was all he was offered.

prorated.. i think its worth like 12 mil if it was the whole year. but still, didnt expect the twins to do it. i thought it was seattle

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, there was one out there that made a lot of sense. MM seems to be going into his mid-season hole. Kendrys isn't great defensively but is a better hitter. Adduci will be up shortly, but it wouldn't surprise me if Wash sticks MM's slumping ass into the DH spot when Adduci is at first. I bet Adduci isn't much better at first then Morales. I don't expect him to be digging low throws out.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't believe you guys are coming around. I've known for 2 years that Mitch wasn't the answer. 2 home runs up to this point is atrocious for any player who plays the position of 1B and especially DH. Should've traded him to the Pirates for a bag of balls this offseason.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you guys are coming around. I've known for 2 years that Mitch wasn't the answer. 2 home runs up to this point is atrocious for any player who plays the position of 1B and especially DH. Should've traded him to the Pirates for a bag of balls this offseason.

If we would've traded him we wouldn't have a 1B at all.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can't say we didn't given Mitch every chance to succeed. I think we didn't go after Morales more is Wash likes to rest players by having them DH. Giving them half days for the stretch run. But there might not be a stretch run this year.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also on the get rid of mm bandwagon. He's turning 29 in a few months. He may have success somewhere else, but texas isnt the place for him. He won't ever become an all star here, and he's just an average mlb player.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can't say we didn't given Mitch every chance to succeed. I think we didn't go after Morales more is Wash likes to rest players by having them DH. Giving them half days for the stretch run. But there might not be a stretch run this year.

I'm sure the front office knows it's not our year. I just hope they don't do anything drastic, hopefully they don't trade Soria or Beltre especially if they intend to compete next year.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the front office knows it's not our year. I just hope they don't do anything drastic, hopefully they don't trade Soria or Beltre especially if they intend to compete next year.

of course I don't know for sure, but I really doubt they do anything drastic

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Moreland....... Who's the 1b now???

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Moreland....... Who's the 1b now???

Some people will get their wish now. Murphy gets the start today and Adduci when he comes back. I really can't believe we didn't sign Morales now.

This could be a good reason why he has shown no power. He pushes off that ankle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people will get their wish now. Murphy gets the start today and Adduci when he comes back. I really can't believe we didn't sign Morales now.

This could be a good reason why he has shown no power. He pushes off that ankle.
Strange. He showed no indication he was hurting. If he was, wonder if anyone (FO) knew?