• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Top MVP Candidates For 2019-20 Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it never occurred to you that all of these players already know that they need to be healthy for the playoffs. Unless you're depressed and mentally ill, there is no one that doesn't want to be healthy going into that situation. Its a given
But many will fight to the end for a higher seed. Look at Indiana and the Cs last year, for instance. Lebron doesn't care as he knows he can win on any court.....and this is who we were talking about.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like facts? Like the Cavs never being all that concerned about seeding with that Lebron fellow on the team. Like the Cavs coming out of the East no matter where they were seeded? Like them knocking out the 73 win Ws without home court?

But you go with Lebron being older, more vulnerable to injury and now deciding he must go all out for a playoff seed.

And, yes...if you make foolish comments I'll throw them back in your face and use them against you.

proxy.php

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But many will fight to the end for a higher seed. Look at Indiana and the Cs last year, for instance. Lebron doesn't care as he knows he can win on any court.....and this is who we were talking about.
If you are a team fighting to the bitter end, then you won't make the finals any way and it won't matter. Fighting to the end is for the 6th to the 8th seeds in danger of missing the playoffs and quite frankly, I think some of them would be better off no extending that energy and should go for a better draft pick

For the Lakers, however they have a deep bench - that means they should be able to rest their players and get to the playoffs without doing that. And for the record - When LeBron played for Cleveland with Mike Brown as head coach, he rested the games of the season - that is not the unthinkable for him to sit a few games out. I haven't heard what Davis thought about, but Phil Jackson routinely rested Kobe Bryant to preserve his legs and it was wise move. It was Dumb Ass D'antoni that played him 48 minutes which is what I blame his season ending injury for

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any MVP list without Patrick McCaw can't be taken seriously.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are a team fighting to the bitter end, then you won't make the finals any way and it won't matter. Fighting to the end is for the 6th to the 8th seeds in danger of missing the playoffs and quite frankly, I think some of them would be better off no extending that energy and should go for a better draft pick

For the Lakers, however they have a deep bench - that means they should be able to rest their players and get to the playoffs without doing that. And for the record - When LeBron played for Cleveland with Mike Brown as head coach, he rested the games of the season - that is not the unthinkable for him to sit a few games out. I haven't heard what Davis thought about, but Phil Jackson routinely rested Kobe Bryant to preserve his legs and it was wise move. It was Dumb Ass D'antoni that played him 48 minutes which is what I blame his season ending injury for
Not sure why you were arguing with me as I agree with this.

I'm going by the assumption LA could be anywhere from 1-5 and Lebron has shown in these areas it doesn't matter where he plays. He can win.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going by the assumption LA could be anywhere from 1-5 and Lebron has shown in these areas it doesn't matter where he plays. He can win.
That wasn't meant to be an argument - it was more of a speculation. The good news for me is that the Lakers look really good so far. I think when you are a team like the Lakers were last year - the regulars have to work much harder to be competitive and that puts them at greater risk for injury. I think the Lakers are set up much better to avoid injuries and I still believe that will be the difference between the Lakers and the Clippers who I do not believe they are as deep of a team

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't meant to be an argument - it was more of a speculation. The good news for me is that the Lakers look really good so far. I think when you are a team like the Lakers were last year - the regulars have to work much harder to be competitive and that puts them at greater risk for injury. I think the Lakers are set up much better to avoid injuries and I still believe that will be the difference between the Lakers and the Clippers who I do not believe they are as deep of a team
Despite his injury last year I wouldn't call Lebron much of an injury risk, but AD not exactly durable.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did lebron personally tell you this?

The only reason the Lakers wouldn't push for an immediate top seed is if they've already made the playoffs and are keeping lebron and AD out for load management.

Not because lebron "doesn't care"

Gotta make the playoffs first tho...Then you can worry about seeding

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite his injury last year I wouldn't call Lebron much of an injury risk, but AD not exactly durable.
Every team is one heartbeat from an injury - it's the nature of the beast. That's the reason the cost of workers compensation insurance is considerably higher for sports venues - then it is for a grocery market. One fluke can put either one of them on the sideline.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta make the playoffs first tho...Then you can worry about seeding
Lakers fans are not concerned about that... Call it like you wish, you can say they aren't being smart, but they will say the same about you. Every team is one injury from missing the playoffs, but the Lakers are deep enough to make the playoffs if there was only one injury. They just wouldn't be a favorite to win it all and wouldn't

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Show me when LeBron has won with lower than a #2 seed.