• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Top MVP Candidates For 2019-20 Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise, yes......on paper.

But, I don't see the Lakers not Clippers pushing for a top seed.

I can honestly see the Nugz, Jazz, Blazers finishing 1,2,3 and possibly going home in the first round of they get a bad matchup.

Clippers, Lakers, Dubs would be horrible for either of the 3 to get in the first round.

Shit, the Rockets aren't a easy win either.

The playoffs could be GLORIOUS.
we know by this point Lebron couldn't care less about seed so I agree about Lakers not pushing for top seed. Guessing the same is true of Kawhi and/or PG but I would bet Kawhi liked having home court in the Finals so not sure he's on Lebron's level yet of indifference.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/
Shaqdaddy, I though of another dark horse. What's your synopsis

Luca Doncic...the kid was damn good last year by his lonesome in Dallas

That horse is so dark he gets racially profiled.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/
Shaqdaddy, I though of another dark horse. What's your synopsis

Luca Doncic...the kid was damn good last year by his lonesome in Dallas
If Porzingis is healthy, Mavs have 2 great building blocks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise, yes......on paper.

But, I don't see the Lakers nor Clippers pushing for a top seed.

Health will be much more important.

I can honestly see the Nugz, Jazz, Blazers finishing 1,2,3 and possibly going home in the first round if they get a bad matchup.

Clippers, Lakers, Dubs would be horrible for either of the 3 to get in the first round.

Shit, the Rockets aren't a easy win either.

The playoffs could be GLORIOUS.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a triple overtime game 7 buzzer beater win for the Lakers against the Clips in the WCF.

And then sweeping the Celtics in the finals :D

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we know by this point Lebron couldn't care less about seed so I agree about Lakers not pushing for top seed. Guessing the same is true of Kawhi and/or PG but I would bet Kawhi liked having home court in the Finals so not sure he's on Lebron's level yet of indifference.
Yeah, I'm sure they'd be ecstatic to have homecourt.

It still matters.

But, the Clippers have no chance if they aren't healthy.

So, I'm praying for at least.....that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he's willing to take a 6th man role and really excel at it.
I don't see him starting.
He will be in the Lou Will role.

Doesn't start, gives a huge spark, plays all the important offensive moments.

Shit, we have 2 guys like that on our roster, Trezl, Lou, and they have flourished.

Kuz can too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we know by this point Lebron couldn't care less about seed so I agree about Lakers not pushing for top seed.

Did lebron personally tell you this?

The only reason the Lakers wouldn't push for an immediate top seed is if they've already made the playoffs and are keeping lebron and AD out for load management.

Not because lebron "doesn't care"

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Pascal Siakam allegedly wanting a Max?

Like, do the Raps have a choice?

I hope O.G. has a big year too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did lebron personally tell you this?

The only reason the Lakers wouldn't push for an immediate top seed is if they've already made the playoffs and are keeping lebron and AD out for load management.

Not because lebron "doesn't care"
wow you really love to argue with me, but I'll reply and hope I can bring out the usual comic relief I know you are good for.....Never mind your last comment is pretty much what I said. Didn't think it had to be said my comment implied they'd be in the playoffs.

Did he tell you he cares (see how that works)? I've been watching the Cavs and Lebron 4 of the last 5 seasons. They were as indifferent as a team can be in the reg. season as he knows the playoffs are what matters. After leading a team without home court over a 73-win team down 3-1 to a title, something tells me he has faith in himself to win a big game even if not on his home court.

You disagree? Ok. Hope you ask him first to be sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron is a bit too old and just not going to be respected of the honor which I believe he should be. My list was trying to predict the votes

For the most part players only get the nod when in the top three or for teams which really sucks but leaves the others out realistically speaking , but I'm quite accepting of your list

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5 candidates

1) Giannis. Bucks will be vying again for a top seed and if his game continues to progress, repeating
is definitely a possibility.

2) Harden. Ever year he's in contention for that MVP award. But honestly this might be the year he falls out of the top 5. People are getting a bit tired of him and if he couldn't win with the numbers he put up last year, it'll take something really, really special to get him to the top.

3) Kawhi. I have him slightly below the other two if only because I believe the Clippers won't go all out for the regular season. He'll have his fair share of work load management.

4) Lebron. Even though everyone is talking about AD, Lebron's going to have to be the engine for that team. Deferring to AD will only go so far. Lebron's going to need to dominate again and I think he can do so with AD as his partner. He'll put up gaudy numbers again and if the Lakers have success, it'll be because of Lebron.

5) Steph. I could have went any number of ways for the 5th spot, but gonna use my homer judgement here. Even though everyone for the most part thinks the Warriors will punt this year (or should), try telling them that. Steph's going to go out and do everything he can to will the team to win. He's going to put up big numbers in the new arena.

Others:
Embiid - I think he's going to have a monster year. Could easily be in contention for the MVP. The only thing is I worry if he'll be invested in every game. At times last year I felt like he wasn't 100% committed.

Kyrie - Everyone loves a bounce back story and after his rough tenure in Boston, he could resurrect himself here. The Nets could be a sneaky good team even without KD. If Kyrie puts them into the conversation for a 4 seed, he'll get some big consideration.

Agree with the top 5 but I would put Steph higher. It does come down to winning games and GS might take a little step back. I would switch Kawhi and Curry for the fact Kawhi will have more help with PG. His numbers won't be as great imo and they might rest him a good amount. I would put AD in the others instead of Kyrie though.

1. Giannis
2. Harden
3. Steph
4. Lebron
5. Kawhi

Others:
AD
Embiid

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the top 5 but I would put Steph higher. It does come down to winning games and GS might take a little step back. I would switch Kawhi and Curry for the fact Kawhi will have more help with PG. His numbers won't be as great imo and they might rest him a good amount. I would put AD in the others instead of Kyrie though.

1. Giannis
2. Harden
3. Steph
4. Lebron
5. Kawhi

Others:
AD
Embiid
Good points about Kawhi.

I didn't do an "others" but would mention only thing that keeps AD out of top 5 for me is the Lebron factor. Figuring if they have a real good year Lebron will get the credit (and, yes, possibly he should).

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron has a really good year, then yes I think he would be a candidate, but I personally think he will defer more to Anthony Davis and give him the nod to be the MVP, Lebron is really an unselfish player in my opinion and simply wants to win. I haven't followed those guys mentioned, but I knew I was forgetting some one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my top 5:

1: Giannis- obvious favorite
2: Curry- could post ridiculous stats this year
3: Harden- will post ridiculous stats always
4: Kawhi- would have him higher, but I think load management gets him
5: AD/LeBron- whichever has the better season and plays more games

Others with a legit (although small) shot:

Embiid
Jokic
Lillard
Mitchell

Other top choices like Butler are players who could like finish 3rd in voting if everything went their way, but they won’t actually win it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow you really love to argue with me, but I'll reply and hope I can bring out the usual comic relief I know you are good for.....Never mind your last comment is pretty much what I said. Didn't think it had to be said my comment implied they'd be in the playoffs.

Did he tell you he cares (see how that works)? I've been watching the Cavs and Lebron 4 of the last 5 seasons. They were as indifferent as a team can be in the reg. season as he knows the playoffs are what matters. After leading a team without home court over a 73-win team down 3-1 to a title, something tells me he has faith in himself to win a big game even if not on his home court.

You disagree? Ok. Hope you ask him first to be sure.

You said the Lakers wouldn't push for a top seed spot because "Lebron doesn't care".

Would you like to take a deep breath and look back at your comment before you lose your shit again?

You implied that the Lakers' whole season depends on lebrons feelings.

But lets break it down:

1. You're wrong
2. Point #1 is nothing new.

Back to your gif now, skippy:

proxy.php

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said the Lakers wouldn't push for a top seed spot because "Lebron doesn't care".

Would you like to take a deep breath and look back at your comment before you lose your shit again?

You implied that the Lakers' whole season depends on lebrons feelings.

But lets break it down:

1. You're wrong
2. Point #1 is nothing new.

Back to your gif now, skippy:

proxy.php
Maybe you aren't aware but they might think of Lebron as a leader and will listen if he tells them better to be healthy going into the playoffs than fight hard for a higher seed. Might be able to tell them about how he has won a series or 2 and didn't need to be the higher seed.

Did you ask him yet if you are right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you aren't aware but they might think of Lebron as a leader and will listen if he tells them better to be healthy going into the playoffs than fight hard for a higher seed. Might be able to tell them about how he has won a series or 2 and didn't need to be the higher seed.

You don't think the team knows that? You think it was lebrons duty to inform them that health is important going in to the playoffs?

Damn, I'm glad the Lakers signed him last year. Without him AD would have been playing 48 minutes for the entire season.

Btw, good job on the "did lebron personally tell you" bit. Running out of original material or have we moved on to the "I know you are but what am I" comebacks?

Maybe once you make junior high you'll come back with some better stuff.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess it never occurred to you that all of these players already know that they need to be healthy for the playoffs. Unless you're depressed and mentally ill, there is no one that doesn't want to be healthy going into that situation. Its a given

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think the team knows that? You think it was lebrons duty to inform them that health is important going in to the playoffs?

Damn, I'm glad the Lakers signed him last year. Without him AD would have been playing 48 minutes for the entire season.

Btw, good job on the "did lebron personally tell you" bit. Running out of original material or have we moved on to the "I know you are but what am I" comebacks?

Maybe once you make junior high you'll come back with some better stuff.
You mean like facts? Like the Cavs never being all that concerned about seeding with that Lebron fellow on the team. Like the Cavs coming out of the East no matter where they were seeded? Like them knocking out the 73 win Ws without home court?

But you go with Lebron being older, more vulnerable to injury and now deciding he must go all out for a playoff seed.

And, yes...if you make foolish comments I'll throw them back in your face and use them against you. "Did you ask Lebron"? Please never change.