• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The theory of Seattle media and fans after the 49er game.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently "there are no style points for (Seattle) wins", but there are style points for for a Seattle loss.

Seriously --- after close games against Houston, Rams, Panthers, Bucs, all games they could have easily lost, all I hear is how "there are no style points for wins." Now, after they lose a close game to the 49ers on the road -- all I hear is how "they played a great game and but for a couple of plays could have won" this loss was fine given how they played.

Unbelievable, but there is a certain consistency to it if you figure that no matter what they will take it in the light most favorable to the Seahawks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently "there are no style points for (Seattle) wins", but there are style points for for a Seattle loss.

Seriously --- after close games against Houston, Rams, Panthers, Bucs, all games they could have easily lost, all I hear is how "there are no style points for wins." Now, after they lose a close game to the 49ers on the road -- all I hear is how "they played a great game and but for a couple of plays could have won" this loss was fine given how they played.

Unbelievable, but there is a certain consistency to it if you figure that no matter what they will take it in the light most favorable to the Seahawks.

In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's unlikely but the Seahawks are beatable at home in the playoffs.

Also I think if we see a Broncos - Seahawks Superbowl I'm putting my money on the Broncos.
Too many receiving options for the Seahawks secondary to clutch and grab, and too good of an offense.
Peyton, 3 stud receivers, stud TE, solid productive running game with deep backfield in Moreno and Ball.
Peyton utilizes all his options too and spreads the ball around. One game Welker hurts you, next game Decker catches 4 TDs. He'll find the flaw in your D and exploit it. This years Broncos offense is the best in years. They look the part of a Superbowl champ.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unlikely but the Seahawks are beatable at home in the playoffs.

Also I think if we see a Broncos - Seahawks Superbowl I'm putting my money on the Broncos.
Too many receiving options for the Seahawks secondary to clutch and grab, and too good of an offense.
Peyton, 3 stud receivers, stud TE, solid productive running game with deep backfield in Moreno and Ball.
Peyton utilizes all his options too and spreads the ball around. One game Welker hurts you, next game Decker catches 4 TDs. He'll find the flaw in your D and exploit it. This years Broncos offense is the best in years. They look the part of a Superbowl champ.

On offense I agree with you on Denver. But Denver's D is suspect. I hate going into playoffs with a team that seems to always have to get into a shootout to win.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair almost every fan of every team does this. Isn't a fan supposed to spin their team's wins and losses to better support/root for/extol their team? Obviously it can go too far (homers, rose colored glasses, etc) but in general that's pretty normal fan behavior.