• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Ten Greatest Stadiums in College Football History

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did improve it with recently but even with the additions it's far rom 2nd.
Michigan men keep their composure and give a harty hazaa for their team. :D
I have never been to another major stadium so all I can tell is what things look and feel like on TV, but there’s something unique about Michigan stadium. Having nfl style stadiums isn’t unique. Sitting on benches, being squished and walking down into a hole is unique and part of the experience

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good thing! 70,000 is a perfect size for a CFB Stadium. I liked it when I visited in 1992, and I look forward to going back for another visit to see the face-lift.
It wasn't a small upgrade. The removal of the track and moving all of the seats closer was huge.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I hate the fuskies, their stadium has absolutely no business being ranked in the top 10 best college football stadiums.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been to another major stadium so all I can tell is what things look and feel like on TV, but there’s something unique about Michigan stadium. Having nfl style stadiums isn’t unique. Sitting on benches, being squished and walking down into a hole is unique and part of the experience

"all I can tell is what things look & feel like on tv" :crazy:

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

It's impossible to tell what a stadium is like by seeing it on tv. Great funny comment. And the only thing that makes that ann arbor stadium unique to you is you're a meeeechegan homer.

And before you say anything goofy I've been to these places for Buckeye road games. Michiagn State, Penn State, Indiana, Purdue, NW, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisky & meeeechegan.

Last edited:

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a small upgrade. The removal of the track and moving all of the seats closer was huge.
Oh, I know, and I wasn't being snarky. I loved the way it was, and I know that the upgrades are incredible (based on the pics). Really glad they kept the overhangs and didn't spoil the end-zone lake view.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench seats from the 20's suck and a big part of why the stadium sucks.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider it a privilege to watch a game at another schools home stadium. There are iconic ones like Notre Dame stadium. Walking in for the first time about 15 years ago I still remember getting chills knowing the historic games played there. The shoe when USC played them with a freshman Barkley at QB when both teams were in the top five. That crowd was amazing. I went to Miami to see USC Oklahoma for the championship. The actual stadium was in pretty poor condition but the game and atmosphere was electric. I've been to three games (two college, one pro) at Jerry world and that place is like playing football in a new hospital.
I went to fenway for the first time last year to watch a baseball game. Small stadium , there was a metal beam between home plate and third base from my seat. But it was glorious to be in that stadium and I wasn't a fan of either team playing that day.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field didn't make the list.

downloadsdfsfd.jpg

downloaddffgfg.jpg :D

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Miami to see USC Oklahoma for the championship. The actual stadium was in pretty poor condition but the game and atmosphere was electric.
The renovations at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens are AMAZING! I, too, had been to it when it was sterile dump. Now, it is a very nice place to see a game! BTW totally agree about @ Notre Dame and @ Ohio State. Have not been to Fenway or Jerry's World yet, but they are BOTH on the list for next year.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no place like the swamp during a SEC showdown game.. until a few years ago the swamp had sell out crowds every year from 1979 .. only second behind Nebraska.. and it has 94K seats

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, the fans are better in southern stadiums; no question. I think it's hard to argue against the coolness of Michigan stadium.

What's cool about it, it's just a big bowl. It's the Rose Bowl without the view.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"all I can tell is what things look & feel like on tv" :crazy:

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

It's impossible to tell what a stadium is like by seeing it on tv. Great funny comment. And the only thing that makes that ann arbor stadium unique to you is you're a meeeechegan homer.

And before you say anything goofy I've been to these places for Buckeye road games. Michiagn State, Penn State, Indiana, Purdue, NW, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisky & meeeechegan.
I acknowledged it was different than on tv. That’s why I pointed that out. But like I said, going to a stadium modeled like current NFL stadiums is less than compelling to me. When Michigan has played in neutral games in NFl stadiums the luster of CFB dims a bit. And there’s something special about stadiums like Michigan stadium.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

None of that makes the experience good...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I acknowledged it was different than on tv. That’s why I pointed that out. But like I said, going to a stadium modeled like current NFL stadiums is less than compelling to me. When Michigan has played in neutral games in NFl stadiums the luster of CFB dims a bit. And there’s something special about stadiums like Michigan stadium.

:pound:

Why does the luster of CFB dim a bit when teams play neutral games in NFL stadiums? Oh wait a minute. I got it. Because the game's not in ann arbor.:doh:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, it's not the stadium, it's the people and the event in the stadium. I've been to half of those, and the only one there that stands out to me because of the actual stadium would be Washington because of the beautiful surrounding area.

I mean seriously, the Rose Bowl is a dump, UF's stadium is nothing special, and I was at LSU last year and the stadium itself wasn't special. Now, full of cajun rednecks singing Neck, yeah, awesome place. But that takes it back to my point ... it's the people and the event, not the structure.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been to this stadium (TCF Bank/Minnesota Gophers) but I liked the looks of it the first time I saw the renderings years back.

b0bf9d0b076a70b2278d9b495aa29456.jpg

tcfbank14_top.jpg

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been to this stadium (TCF Bank/Minnesota Gophers) but I liked the looks of it the first time I saw the renderings years back.

b0bf9d0b076a70b2278d9b495aa29456.jpg

tcfbank14_top.jpg
It does look fabulous! The outer brick wall is an ode to old Memorial Stadium - which I visited (walk through) before they tore it down.