• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Talking Heads

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching some of the highlight shows and one thing is really starting to bother me. According to the "experts" the Panthers did not win this game, the Giants lost this game. Almost everyone I've seen (SportsCenter, FoxSports1, NFL.com) have talked about how badly the Giants played. Very little is mentioned of how well the Panthers played. I know the Giants have had their problems, so have we, and we deserve a little credit for this one.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Carolina was just a better team -> they didn't have the personnel to handle us upfront. Like I said over on the NFL Gen board, though - there's going to be skepticism about the Panthers until they win some of these close games, and actually get over .500 and into contention.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching some of the highlight shows and one thing is really starting to bother me. According to the "experts" the Panthers did not win this game, the Giants lost this game. Almost everyone I've seen (SportsCenter, FoxSports1, NFL.com) have talked about how badly the Giants played. Very little is mentioned of how well the Panthers played. I know the Giants have had their problems, so have we, and we deserve a little credit for this one.

i understand what your saying. but Carolina has to earn that benefit of the doubt. which they have not over the last 5 years. the Giants on the other hand have earned it. Eli and company have proven thier worth time and time again. we have not. the reality is we have to have success consistantly to earn that type of repect. which sadly we have not done

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter what the TV goombahs say? For the most part the majority of these folks aren't paying close attention to the Panthers so they are just Parroting what they are hearing.
At the end of the day they have absolutely no bearing on how we perform, our won/loss record, whether or not Cam is a leader, our coaching staff, etc. Etc.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a way your right but at the same time in a way your wrong. everyone wants recognition from the NFL world, which includes the guys on ESPN, for what thier team accomplishes. being in a small market you get frustrated cause your team is overlooked because of the popularity of the bigger market teams. in the grand scheme of things no it doesnt matter at all. but in a prideful way yes it matters a great deal.

especially if your teams accomplishments are pushed aside of why another team didnt do as well.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, there were some good things said about the panthers too - particularly their defense.
At the same time when you let a rookie QB drive a marginal team like the Bills, 80 yds in 1:47 for the winning td it might take some time to earn your props.
That loss hurt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i know. thats why i said what i said earlier. you have to earn it. and in a small market you gotta be consistant or they just look at it as a one time thing. it took Seattle 2 years of having a great defense before they started getting recognized just this year.