• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Suns locker room wasn't safe when Shaq was there.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Phoenix Suns coach Alvin Gentry was recently asked about any notable locker room pranks he had seen during his time in the NBA, and Gentry's mind of course turned to Shaquille O'Neal, who he said had a particularly terrifying piece of team building while in Phoenix.

The coach said "every few days or every week or so" the big man would come barreling around a locker room corner completely nude and tackle a teammate or coaching staff member to the ground where he would roll around with them in what he called "Brazilian naked wrestling."

Gentry admitted that he was one of Shaq's many victims in this "game," which is probably hilarious if you are watching and mortifying if you are being manhandled by a 7"1', 300+ lbs. naked man.

This is not the first of Shaq's Suns shenanigans that Gentry has spilled the beans on either, although it is certainly the most disturbing.

Shaquille O'Neal would get naked and surprise attack his teammates in the Suns locker room - Extra Mustard - SI.com

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq's worse than Gilbert Arenas, I'd rather be shot than get tackled by a naked Shaq.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder Chuck is always hesitant to fight Shaq on the TNT set.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt that it was as bad as the article claims to be honest. For one thing I think Shaq knows how big he is and how strong he is and understands that he could seriously hurt someone if he isn't careful. The second thing about that is that if the other players or employees of the organization were really intimidated or concerned for their safety, they would have very quickly gone to management and demanded something to be done. The Phoenix Suns like every other company in corporate America have a legal duty to provide a safe environment for the employees in their organization and the last they they want is for someone to get hurt including Shaq Oneal. I am including Shaq Oneal as one that could get hurt because eventually one of the players would get a baseball bat, a gun or a weapon and knock the living shit out him. Violence breeds violent and absolutely no one in any company would accept that type of physical abuse on a regular basis.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt that it was as bad as the article claims to be honest. For one thing I think Shaq knows how big he is and how strong he is and understands that he could seriously hurt someone if he isn't careful. The second thing about that is that if the other players or employees of the organization were really intimidated or concerned for their safety, they would have very quickly gone to management and demanded something to be done. The Phoenix Suns like every other company in corporate America have a legal duty to provide a safe environment for the employees in their organization and the last they they want is for someone to get hurt including Shaq Oneal. I am including Shaq Oneal as one that could get hurt because eventually one of the players would get a baseball bat, a gun or a weapon and knock the living shit out him. Violence breeds violent and absolutely no one in any company would accept that type of physical abuse on a regular basis.

I may have missed something, but where did it say people were intimidated? Shaq was obviously not intending to hurt anybody with these antics, but still somebody should have put a top to it if guys were uncomfortable.

This reminds me of one of my high school friends. He used to do this thing he called "the raptor". Basically he would get really drunk and then get naked and suddenly streak the party. He would find a person or two to hump for a couple seconds and then he would run away quickly. A couple minutes later, he would return fully clothed like nothing had happened.

Personally, I thought it was hilarious as did most of our friends, but then again I was never a humping victim. When he came to visit at college and tried the same stunt with a bunch of people who didn't know him, one the girls who he "attacked" wanted to go to the police. Had she done so, I am sure he would have been in a lot of trouble.

Sometimes people go a little too far in trying to get laughs from others.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't there a worker from the TNT set that sued Shaq for tackling him?

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An NBA locker room isn't your typical corporate environment.

By the way, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports wrote in the summer of 2009 that Steve Nash only inked his contract extension with the Suns after Phoenix agreed to trade O'Neal. And that fall, in its NBA preview, Sports Illustrated wrote that without Shaq, Nash was looking forward to a quieter locker room and an unimpeded lane ...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NBA locker room isn't your typical corporate environment.

By the way, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports wrote in the summer of 2009 that Steve Nash only inked his contract extension with the Suns after Phoenix agreed to trade O'Neal. And that fall, in its NBA preview, Sports Illustrated wrote that without Shaq, Nash was looking forward to a quieter locker room and an unimpeded lane ...

It may not be a typical corporate environment, but it is still the workplace. Like construction workers, I'm sure they talk trash, dirty jokes and everything else, but the op said that the environment was not safe. What I am saying is that is most likely NOT TRUE because if that locker room was no safe, the Phoenix Suns organization would have had no choice but to take steps to correct the situation - TYPICAL CORPORATE ENVIRONMENT OR NOT. Just remember when those bozos brought guns to the game - They have rules and regulations.