• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the summer signings thread

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, that's Cory Sarich money...

/Brad Stuart definitely brings more to the table than Cory Sarich

When the FA period is finished, I have a feeling that Stuart at $3.6M per is going to look like a bargain. Still, it seemed like DWil had more leverage to get him at a lower rate since Stuey only wanted to play in California (seemingly). LA has no need for him and Anaheim is still an hour flight or 5 hour drive from San Jose. He'd still miss his family a ton by being in Anaheim (I guess they could get a Condo down there or rent a house, but still, not an ideal living situation).

Now it's time to trade Douglas Murray to Montreal for Danny Kristo. :D

:heh:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix GM Don Maloney says Shane Doan will test free agent market.

well that heats up the Market. BOOM....

winnipeg :)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix GM Don Maloney says Shane Doan will test free agent market.

well that heats up the Market. BOOM....

winnipeg :)

Meh, somebody's gonna be disappointed when they overpay for this dirty cheapshot artist whose best days are clearly behind him.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, somebody's gonna be disappointed when they overpay for this dirty cheapshot artist whose best days are clearly behind him.

you forgot Frenchie hater too Dash

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that too - The crazy thing is I used to really like Shane Doan, but something's happened to him in the last couple of years and he's crossed the line from mean to dirty...

Edit: Four or five years ago, put me down for bringing him on board the Flames, not now though. I'd rather have Jagr (crazy as that sounds).

Last edited by a moderator:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doan's no angel, but couldn't you see him adding some grit and veteran leadership to another lineup? He's obviously past his prime, but I could see him as a positive influence on a team. Sans the cheap shit

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doan's no angel, but couldn't you see him adding some grit and veteran leadership to another lineup? He's obviously past his prime, but I could see him as a positive influence on a team.

Oh, I'm sure somebody will snap him up and I hope it's an Eastern Conference team...I'm tired of him taking runs at Flames players.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm sure somebody will snap him up and I hope it's an Eastern Conference team...I'm tired of him taking runs at Flames players.

He's a tough guy to play against. There are fewer and fewer guys like him in the NHL these days. He does make a lot of careless hits but most of today's big hitters can't seem to get away with much, either... Which will hopefully start to clean that dirty shit up.

still think he's got some tread left on the tires. If Ray made a push for Doan I wouldn't be complaining.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a tough guy to play against. There are fewer and fewer guys like him in the NHL these days. He does make a lot of careless hits but most of today's big hitters can't seem to get away with much, either... Which will hopefully start to clean that dirty shit up.

still think he's got some tread left on the tires. If Ray made a push for Doan I wouldn't be complaining.

Doan has always been a tough guy to play against. In the last couple of years he's turned dirty as Dash said.

IMO, it's because he's lost a step and all too frequently is frustrated that he can't get to hits that he used to.

Also there are plenty of big hitters that can avoid trouble these days.

Chris Neil, Anton Volchenkov, Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan all go for and execute big hits without being subject to supplemental discipline.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HOW-SON! HOW-SON!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doan has always been a tough guy to play against. In the last couple of years he's turned dirty as Dash said.

IMO, it's because he's lost a step and all too frequently is frustrated that he can't get to hits that he used to.

Also there are plenty of big hitters that can avoid trouble these days.

Chris Neil, Anton Volchenkov, Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan all go for and execute big hits without being subject to supplemental discipline.

I don't know about you, but I've seen both Callahan and Brown take some cheap shots. They're big hitters, but they aren't wearing halos, either. Maybe no discipline, i guess they've been lucky Shanny and his predecessor suck at their jobs. I agree about Volchenkov and Neil. They seem to be able to take the body, and not get questioned for their hits.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shane doan is a dick but i would love to have him on the wings. he's physcial and shoots right handed. something the wings do not have enough of

probably won't happen but could you imagine a line of
doan-helm-parise

that would be one of the hardest lines to play against in the nhl

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, nope. Although, most Sharks fans would probably trade Demers for a 6 pack of beer. I still see a lot of potential in him though. He's physical, he can skate well, he makes an above average outlet pass and he's above average at getting his shot to the net. He's also got a really good wrist shot.

He just needs to work on his d-zone brain farts, his conditioning and walking the blueline in the o-zone.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doan isn't suited for a first line role anymore... I would welcome him on the Wings, for the right price. If he can hide behind the offensive shield that is Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Franzen (assuming he ever awakens from his deep slumber), I think he could be an effective player.

He's still a cheap fuck though.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, nope. Although, most Sharks fans would probably trade Demers for a 6 pack of beer. I still see a lot of potential in him though. He's physical, he can skate well, he makes an above average outlet pass and he's above average at getting his shot to the net. He's also got a really good wrist shot.

He just needs to work on his d-zone brain farts, his conditioning and walking the blueline in the o-zone.

I want at least a 12er and it better be a quality brew.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a local brewery that makes a Swedish style stout, very hoppy, leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, full bodied, with a thick head.

Deal.....?

Weber slams those beers into the glass.....not much head on those beers.....

:heh: