• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the summer signings thread

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, this is for puckhead...

kovyelbowontucker6zz9kr.jpg

One of the greatest moments in Darcy Tucker history...

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Stillman signed by the Hurricanes

(asst coach of forward development, formerly Brind'Amours position)

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't exactly the right spot, but not making a whole new thread.

Corey Stillman joins the 'Canes staff.

Rod Brind'Amour moves to full time asst coach on the bench.

Ron Francis moves up to a VP position, something like that, basically a front office position at Rutherfords right hand where he will be untouchable, wielding power unimaginable form his golden throne of thorns... as it should be.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bruins have cap issues this early in the offseason which team or teams might consider giving Rask a big offersheet?

I don't think anyone... the market for goalies hasn't been very strong lately, I don't think anyone will want to give up first rounders for a goalie.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone... the market for goalies hasn't been very strong lately, I don't think anyone will want to give up first rounders for a goalie.

I agree here. I feel like signing goalies are less predictable than going after skaters. Did anyone think Mike Smith or Keri Leightinen (sp?) were going to succeed after they found new jobs?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Voplatti gets one-year deal from #Canucks. Needs to prove that shoulder is fully healthy

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
@andystrickland
Told Sheldon Souray has rejected a one year offer believed to be worth $3 million from the Dallas #stars

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Voplatti gets one-year deal from #Canucks. Needs to prove that shoulder is fully healthy

took a pay cut from last year. and a big risk that he sticks with the big club.

Volpatti signed 2-way deal for $600,000 at NHL level, $105,000 in minors.
Last year he made $625,000 in NHL and $200,000 in minors

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree here. I feel like signing goalies are less predictable than going after skaters. Did anyone think Mike Smith or Keri Leightinen (sp?) were going to succeed after they found new jobs?

Lehtonen had a lot of potential but battled injuries and conditioning issues in Atlanta. I think he is less of a surprise. Other than a few wizards of the black magic art of hindsight, no one thought Smith would do what he did, even playing for Dave "The System Goalie Maker" Tippett.

/Kari also had surgery correcting a lot of nagging back issues in the off season

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lehtonen had a lot of potential but battled injuries and conditioning issues in Atlanta. I think he is less of a surprise. Other than a few wizards of the black magic art of hindsight, no one thought Smith would do what he did, even playing for Dave "The System Goalie Maker" Tippett.

/Kari also had surgery correcting a lot of nagging back issues in the off season

Sean Burke is a great goalie coach. He did wonders for Bryzgalov & now Smith.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true... I think Bryz is more emotionally fragile than Smith though.

I think Bryzgalov played better in the 2nd round against the Devils. The team in front of him simply wasn't good enough. I was very surprised the Flyers couldn't handle the Devils speed & forechecking.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Isles signed Jesse Joensuu to a 1 year one way contract. I think he played last season in Finland. The Isles retained his rights. He almost single handedly beat the U.S. at the World Championships.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few years ago there was a great article about how Kari loved fast food and how he would eat all his meals at McDs, Wendys, BK etc. I think (hope) they even mentioned how his car was filled with fast food trash. That might be wishful misrememberance on my part though.