• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The St. Louis Raiders? It's possible...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert Breer: NFL May Nudge Raiders to St. Louis The DA Show CBS Sports Radio

Albert Breer: ‘NFL May Nudge Raiders to St. Louis’
March 24, 2015 6:53 AM
Share on emailView Comments
461642456.jpg

There’s been a lot of chatter for quite some time now that the Rams, along with the Chargers, could be headed to Los Angeles. And they may very well be.

But the Raiders could be headed for St. Louis.

Yes, you read that correctly.

“Well, I think you got to look at the three teams, put them together and assess them in two groups,” NFL Network analyst Albert Breer said on CBS Sports Radio’s The DA Show. “To me, you’ve got the group that’s LA-only – and that’s the Chargers and the Rams. The Rams are either going to St Louis or Los Angeles. The Chargers are either going to be in San Diego or Los Angeles. So really, when you look at the three teams, there’s only one really flexible piece – and that’s Oakland.

“So the way the dominoes fall here, it’ll be interesting to see because if the first domino is in fact the Rams – and I think right now there’s the highest likelihood of that happening, the Rams wind up in LA – well then you’ve basically closed off that market to the Raiders,” Breer continued. “Because at least in the short term, the league doesn’t want more than two teams in Southern California, so you have the Chargers probably staying in San Diego in the short term (and) maybe moving to LA long term. And that would leave the Raiders out there as the piece in Oakland.

“If you can’t get something down there, the likelihood is you’re going to have to move out of California. And right now, St. Louis is the team with the furthest advanced stadium project. If the league looks at St Louis and says, ‘This market hasn’t failed, but it makes sense for the Rams to go to LA because they’ve got the best project in Los Angeles,’ then you could kind of see where the dominoes would fall and the Raiders might be given a little nudge by the league to look at St. Louis.”

But how does the NFL view St. Louis? If the Rams do move, that would be a team skipping town yet again.

“Well, here’s what’s interesting about it,” Breer said. “This is the NFL’s dilemma: The project that (owner) Stan Kroenke has put together is far and away the best project that they’ve had in the 20 years since the Raiders and Rams left in the mid-90s. So you’ve got this project out there that’s on a 300-acre parcel of land. There’s a flexibility there to make it the headquarters for the NFL on the West Coast. You could put the NFL Network there. You got all kinds of other ancillary things you can put around it, you got the location – all of that.”

You’d also have an existing owner.

“That’s such a huge key – because in the past, it’s always been a third party,” Breer said. “You’ve got all these things going for the Rams’ project and what a slam dunk it looks like. The dilemma for the league is the best project is being run by the team that’s the least qualified under the relocation standards to move. The relocation standard is you have to prove your existing market has failed. Well, St. Louis hasn’t failed to the level that San Diego and Oakland have. And so, by the letter of that relocation criteria, the Chargers and Raiders should be first in line to move. The problem is, the best project is the Rams’ project. That’s where you’re going to see this looked at by the league as a mosaic – not as singular pieces.”

Breer said that of the three cities, St. Louis is the most deserving of an NFL team.

“I think if they do wind up losing the Rams to Los Angeles, you will see an effort by the league to get St. Louis back,” Breer said. “Because I don’t think they view this as St. Louis’ fault. Not that St. Louis has done everything they can over the last five or six years to get it done, but right down they’re doing what it takes. This is more circumstantial than anything else that St. Louis would be losing a team.”

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your bizarro world NFL.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I can just see some preppy, catholic & conservative St. Louis yuppy's watching the game next to the "WWE" style Raiders fan. What a mix that would be.

At least it would eliminate some of the "casual" fans in St. Louis that go to the dome and just chat the entire time, while not even watching the game.

There are a lot of good fans in STL too.. But honestly, I doubt this happens. Too much moving and shaking - I think it would be hard on the Rams and Raiders fan base.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I can just see some preppy, catholic & conservative St. Louis yuppy's watching the game next to the "WWE" style Raiders fan. What a mix that would be.

At least it would eliminate some of the "casual" fans in St. Louis that go to the dome and just chat the entire time, while not even watching the game.

There are a lot of good fans in STL too.. But honestly, I doubt this happens. Too much moving and shaking - I think it would be hard on the Rams and Raiders fan base.
taking the raiders out of CA would be nuts.

but, the article makes a lot of good points. the raiders are like the odd man out if the rams move back to LA and the chargers go up that way.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse as a Rams fan.

St. Louis on paper is the more complete team, but the Raiders finally appear to have gotten some competent management in their office and if they string two successful drafts back to back the legacy of the Raiders draft blunders might be put to rest.

If I had to replace my team with an up and comer, I'd like it to be the Raiders. Carr played well despite a bottom 10 rush offense and Mack/Moore build up a pretty decent linebacker group. If they can add Leonard Williams (long time Raiders fan, HIGHLY impressed Raiders FO, so if he's there this is almost 100% the pick) or Amari Cooper for Carr... team might be climbing towards the .500 ladder.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.. Can only imagine seeing Darth Raider and the Black Hole in St. Louis of all places.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the LA Jets?????

No. Let the East coast keep them. Even though I've moved to Chicago (from Seattle) I like the West Coast as least a laughing stock as possible.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people outside of the state understand the stupidity of this scenario at all.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna happen. Enjoy the faux news.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people outside of the state understand the stupidity of this scenario at all.
we are well aware of the stupidity of st louis.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are well aware of the stupidity of st louis.

Well having been in St. Louis and Boston both I don't think you should be talking too much about stupidity. Ran into a lot more competent fans in St. Louis than I ever even came close to in Boston.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well having been in St. Louis and Boston both I don't think you should be talking too much about stupidity. Ran into a lot more competent fans in St. Louis than I ever even came close to in Boston.
you must not watch much cardinal/boston world series baseball.

tumblr_mv5fvvsRQy1ro5xweo1_400.gif

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you must not watch much cardinal/boston world series baseball.

tumblr_mv5fvvsRQy1ro5xweo1_400.gif

I watch plenty and I guess you miss the part where the Cardinals have more championships than that of the Red Sox.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch plenty and I guess you miss the part where the Cardinals have more championships than that of the Red Sox.
how many WS titles have you seen in person?

I've seen 3 since 2004.

why do you keep changing the argument?

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all I can say is BAWHH HAH HAH...

Not a chance in this man's NFL....

No they where once the LA RAIDERS....so they are actually tied with the RAMS..

IMO....but I'm hung over so there is that....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many WS titles have you seen in person?

I've seen 3 since 2004.

why do you keep changing the argument?

You decided that you needed to insult St. Louis that is known for having great fans. No reason for that crap. I was just pointing out that while that is great that you can post a short clip of one bad play I'm sure we can do that plenty with the Red Sox. Such as last year and the crap they put on the field. That was just embarrassing. As for how many I have seen I have seen only the last two in my lifetime.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You decided that you needed to insult St. Louis that is known for having great fans. No reason for that crap. I was just pointing out that while that is great that you can post a short clip of one bad play I'm sure we can do that plenty with the Red Sox. Such as last year and the crap they put on the field. That was just embarrassing. As for how many I have seen I have seen only the last two in my lifetime.
so you havent seen 3? is that what youre saying?

i also remember angry cards fans calling kolton wong a "dumb asian" on social media for his boneheaded base running play. hes hawaiin.

tumblr_inline_mvd8vcqmpw1qawfnh.png

tumblr_inline_mve9jkGsnb1qawfnh.png

tumblr_inline_mvd8olthXX1qawfnh.png

tumblr_inline_mvd90dfzMr1qawfnh.png

tumblr_inline_mvd94fQJ0H1qawfnh.png