• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The SS Mazara moves out to SEA - 4/11-4/13

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are way too correct on your evaluation of the media. I just wish it only pertained to the sports media. But this is a subject which I consider taboo here. ha

I was waiting for someone to bring up all that Mazara vs Gallo which Evan got into. Knew it had to rub some the wrong way, big time.

Actually, some of the stats he presented I was unaware of and found them interesting. But I did find the timing of pointing out those stats as falling into the category of "inappropriately timed." Let Mazara bask in his own sunshine, and let us appreciate him and his deeds without knocking someone else down was my take.

Does he write his own headlines? I know a lot of writers submit a piece and the editor comes up with a headline for them for the publishing. The headline makes it sound more harsh than the overall tone of the article. And it's not exactly a secret that Joey struggled and had things to work on as a hitter.

He took last season pretty hard, and early on has made progress. Hope he keeps it up.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's not exactly a secret that Joey struggled and had things to work on as a hitter.

He took last season pretty hard, and early on has made progress. Hope he keeps it up.

From everything I've seen/read on him, I have little doubt he'll put in the work, and his head heals nicely to short term disappointments.

Overall, Mazara and Gallo in-particularly, seem to have their head on straight. And it seems we have a lot of minor leaguers with good attitudes.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are way too correct on your evaluation of the media. I just wish it only pertained to the sports media. But this is a subject which I consider taboo here. ha

I was waiting for someone to bring up all that Mazara vs Gallo which Evan got into. Knew it had to rub some the wrong way, big time.

Actually, some of the stats he presented I was unaware of and found them interesting. But I did find the timing of pointing out those stats as falling into the category of "inappropriately timed." Let Mazara bask in his own sunshine, and let us appreciate him and his deeds without knocking someone else down was my take.
That is what I thought. Let this be Mazara's time. It seemed like he was really anxious to remind us of what Joey had done wrong. Not only did Evan tweet out about his article comparing the two, but then a little later he tweeted it out again in a ICYMI tweet.

I noticed Evan never mentions how his favorite Ranger of all time's career started out. When Michael Young started out he had a slash line of .204/.250/.269. after 123 PA. Joey's was .204/.341/.417 after 123 PA.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I thought. Let this be Mazara's time. It seemed like he was really anxious to remind us of what Joey had done wrong. Not only did Evan tweet out about his article comparing the two, but then a little later he tweeted it out again in a ICYMI tweet.

I noticed Evan never mentions how his favorite Ranger of all time's career started out. When Michael Young started out he had a slash line of .204/.250/.269. after 123 PA. Joey's was .204/.341/.417 after 123 PA.

That's awesome. As bad as Joey was after his hot start he still managed an OPS of .758.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are way over thinking this...

To me the piece reads like "Hey remember how excited you were after Joey's first game and then reality sat in? Well with Nomar you don't have to worry as much, because he's more polished as a hitter and his swing is built different."

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are way over thinking this...

To me the piece reads like "Hey remember how excited you were after Joey's first game and then reality sat in? Well with Nomar you don't have to worry as much, because he's more polished as a hitter and his swing is built different."
On the surface it might seem like I am overthinking this one point. To me it a part of a bigger picture I have of Evan. He has biases. Younger players is one area of bias that he has and to me this shows that even when a young player comes up and performs in an outstanding fashion Evan can't help but put another young player down. This has gone on for years with Evan and to an even greater extent with Gerry Fraley. This article all by itself doesn't show a pattern. His work overall does show a pattern I believe. He has had other biases as well including Michael Young and Ron Washington in one direction and Derek Holland in the other direction.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Evan Grant right now. I'm worried about this black and orange steamroller that is on the way to Arlington.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Evan Grant right now. I'm worried about this black and orange steamroller that is on the way to Arlington.

There's two ways to look at this. I'm choosing the "they are way over due to get there butt kicked" route.

But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, and get us a sweep this afternoon against our division.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little surprised I have heard/read anything about the two terrific plays Mazara made last night.

Just heard Banister talking about him and I believe this is a quote, "if he continues to learn and work on his footwork, I think he's got a chance to become an above avg OF."

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if he was a young Crawler?

Don't compare me to that illiterate fat ass who for some reason has a job in journalism, but can't spell properly or put sentences together on Twitter.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he the long man? He's shot a few days now. Probably need the depth.

That was my thinking....why I made the yo-yo comment.

I expect to see plenty of this, at least for a while.