• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The SS Mazara moves out to SEA - 4/11-4/13

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond could stand to be moved down, and Mitch could stand to be non existent until Rua cools down.
Agree. With his overall average his 6 game hitting streak must be 1 per game. Regardless Rua should be getting more time between LF and 1B.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Odor there was some really good defense behind Holland last night.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can delete the word pretty from your first sentence. ha ha

Hadn't thought about EA moving down, but that's a good thought.

Regarding last night, it is really impressive to look at the box score and see Cano/Cruz/Seager going 0-11.
Derek had some pretty great stuff last night. Some miss played balls kept him from going 7+. He wasn't no hit good or anything, but he kept the defense engaged enough to make some great plays behind him as well.

Miley worked fast too. Despite Texas scoring 8 runs the game was less than 3 hours long.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we saw from Derek last night will be what we can expect going forward for the most part. Despite how Evan Grant tries to spin it when Derek has been healthy the past few years he has been really good a lot of the time. It should come as no mystery that he pitches well when healthy at this point.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Buckel had an inning in relief last night without walking anyone. The kid's persistence and determination is something to be admired. I hope he makes it to the big leagues some day.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we saw from Derek last night will be what we can expect going forward for the most part. Despite how Evan Grant tries to spin it when Derek has been healthy the past few years he has been really good a lot of the time. It should come as no mystery that he pitches well when healthy at this point.

Evan Grant annoys me. When he find something he wants to hammer on he just stays with it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant annoys me. When he find something he wants to hammer on he just stays with it.
A couple of days ago when Mazara started out so well he had to spin it by saying how much better Mazara is than Gallo was when he came up. He couldn't give Mazara his due without getting some digs in on Gallo.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of days ago when Mazara started out so well he had to spin it by saying how much better Mazara is than Gallo was when he came up. He couldn't give Mazara his due without getting some digs in on Gallo.
Evan Grant doesn't write articles for people like us. He writes them for people who have little to no baseball knowledge. I think you take his stuff a little too seriously.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant doesn't write articles for people like us. He writes them for people who have little to no baseball knowledge. I think you take his stuff a little too seriously.
I don't think the people who have little to no baseball knowledge know who Evan is for the most part.

The Rangers beat writer for the DMN should be able to be taken seriously.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the people who have little to no baseball knowledge know who Evan is for the most part.

The Rangers beat writer for the DMN should be able to be taken seriously.

DMN is not writing for my demographic, so I don't really bother with beat writers, but I feel his appeal is for a fan who isn't as into advanced metrics as a lot of us are.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sonny Gray rings a bell. Every time he writes an article on potential targets the Rangers should potentially go after --- that guy's name comes up.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny Gray rings a bell. Every time he writes an article on potential targets the Rangers should potentially go after --- that guy's name comes up.

He's not wrong...I love me some Sonny Gray. I would mention Gray and Stanton every time I wrote that kind of article.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DMN is not writing for my demographic, so I don't really bother with beat writers, but I feel his appeal is for a fan who isn't as into advanced metrics as a lot of us are.
The problem with media in general is that they have come to the point where they let their personal opinions get in the way of how they think and what they have to say. Evan and Gerry both have some strong bias and it shows quite often. Of course this is the case in most types of media today. That has been getting worse and worse for a few decades now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good example.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a very good article from Evan Grant.

How strong performances for Rangers' rotation go beyond seven quality starts in eight games | SportsDay

What manager Jeff Banister and pitching coach Doug Brocail have preached is getting pitchers to put the ball in play quickly and to get them to induce ground balls. Check and check.

At the start of play Tuesday, Rangers starters ranked second in the American League and fifth in the majors in pitches per inning (15.6) and seventh in the majors in ground ball to fly ball rate (1.92). Both represented significant increases over the overall performance in 2015. The starters ranked in the bottom half of the majors in pitches per inning (26th) and ground ball rate (18th).

"We've got a group of guys who have committed to it and can execute it," Banister said. "They understand you aren't pitching to miss bats, they are pitching to make them hit their pitch. They have to trust that. They do."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with media in general is that they have come to the point where they let their personal opinions get in the way of how they think and what they have to say. Evan and Gerry both have some strong bias and it shows quite often. Of course this is the case in most types of media today. That has been getting worse and worse for a few decades now.

You are way too correct on your evaluation of the media. I just wish it only pertained to the sports media. But this is a subject which I consider taboo here. ha

I was waiting for someone to bring up all that Mazara vs Gallo which Evan got into. Knew it had to rub some the wrong way, big time.

Actually, some of the stats he presented I was unaware of and found them interesting. But I did find the timing of pointing out those stats as falling into the category of "inappropriately timed." Let Mazara bask in his own sunshine, and let us appreciate him and his deeds without knocking someone else down was my take.