• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The SS Mazara moves out to SEA - 4/11-4/13

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was awesome and it was cool seeing one of the ladies in his group of family and friends wearing a Frisco Roughriders jacket in Seattle. Always great to have that type of showing for a guy making his MLB debut. I hope Brett is successful, he's a great guy

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keep rollin' with Rua in the lineup.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adrian along with a Seinfeld reference. Two classics. lol

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keep rollin' with Rua in the lineup.

Agreed, he's the hot hand,

And decisons will need to be made in regards to DDJ & Desmond in CF, neither are hitting much but Desmond might be playing himself out of a spot if he doesn't get his bat in line, especially once Choo comes back

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about proof? You don't need damning evidence to connect the dots.

He's done it before and didn't get caught through testing, he's admitted as much, he was caught with a papertrail, I have little doubt myself that he's still using PEDs

Since both of you guys feel very strongly about this, let me ask you something. Why hasn't MLB stepped in and tested/busted him?

In my mind, if the guy is a one time loser already, surely he's got a target on his butt (pun intended) now.

If you guys feel this strongly, my suspicion is you're not two-of-two. Surely there are other people in numerous other MLB cities who feel this way too, and I'm not just talking about the fan base.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since both of you guys feel very strongly about this, let me ask you something. Why hasn't MLB stepped in and tested/busted him?

In my mind, if the guy is a one time loser already, surely he's got a target on his butt (pun intended) now.

If you guys feel this strongly, my suspicion is you're not two-of-two. Surely there are other people in numerous other MLB cities who feel this way too, and I'm not just talking about the fan base.

Testing is supposed to be chosen at random, and they're always staying ahead of testing with masking agents and such. For all we know, he has been tested and fooled the system.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Testing is supposed to be chosen at random, and they're always staying ahead of testing with masking agents and such. For all we know, he has been tested and fooled the system.

I'm gonna work this one backwards. You're probably right on "he may have been tested" part, and you're certainly correct on the masking agents.

But I bet, once you've been busted, that "randomness part" goes out the window. I don't know this, but it sure makes good common sense. However, we are talking about MLB here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna work this one backwards. You're probably right on "he may have been tested" part, and you're certainly correct on the masking agents.

But I bet, once you've been busted, that "randomness part" goes out the window. I don't know this, but it sure makes good common sense. However, we are talking about MLB here.

Like I said, they're constantly working to stay ahead of testing with masking agents.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sure they have a lot of company around baseball, especially in places where Cruz has helped defeat the local team. There are probably not many that feel that way among Mariners fans though. lol Once he leaves the Mariners and goes somewhere else then there will be a lot in Seattle who feel that way.

In 2004 some suspected Beltre, who was in a contract year, to be using Steroids when his HR total jumped more than twice what it had been to 48 and he reported to ST 20 pounds heavier. I am going to give Adrian the benefit of the doubt. I might be naive in doing so, but that is what I choose to do. Now had he gone to the Angels and hit a lot of HRs against us ever since I might be tempted to think otherwise. lol

I have a pretty good hunch that some day there will be many fans around the league who think Gallo is cheating.

MLB can't go by the same "evidence" as fans go by though. They have to have real evidence.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking? I'm going Rua. Though it might be Chirinos.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking? I'm going Rua. Though it might be Chirinos.

I guessed Chirinos as well. And that is the correct answer. Rua comes in at .750 behind Beltre's .869 and Robinson's .913.

Maz is at 1.556 and Brett is at 1.250, for the record.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure they have a lot of company around baseball, especially in places where Cruz has helped defeat the local team. There are probably not many that feel that way among Mariners fans though. lol Once he leaves the Mariners and goes somewhere else then there will be a lot in Seattle who feel that way.

In 2004 some suspected Beltre, who was in a contract year, to be using Steroids when his HR total jumped more than twice what it had been to 48 and he reported to ST 20 pounds heavier. I am going to give Adrian the benefit of the doubt. I might be naive in doing so, but that is what I choose to do. Now had he gone to the Angels and hit a lot of HRs against us ever since I might be tempted to think otherwise. lol

I have a pretty good hunch that some day there will be many fans around the league who think Gallo is cheating.

MLB can't go by the same "evidence" as fans go by though. They have to have real evidence.

There's a difference between thinking a guy is cheating or using PEDs and him actually having done it. Cruz has admitted to doing it AND there's a paper trail. He never actually tested positive for anything.

Slightly off topic, I also have nothing against Bonds being in the HOF, bc anything he did was while MLB purposefully looked the other way and created no rules governing it, also he never tested positive... after the fact sure, but not while you're secretly condoning it bc its making you lots of money

Do I think he used? Probably, but there's no positive test AND it wasn't against any rules in baseball