• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The SS Mazara moves out to SEA - 4/11-4/13

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why. He didn't get caught by any sort of testing the first time.
In a situation where there is no proof either way each individual is forced to make a choice. I usually choose to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Not 100 percent of the time, but usually. That is especially so when giving someone the benefit of the doubt doesn't give them an opportunity to harm me or anyone else. In other words I am not risking anything by giving him the benefit of the doubt so why not.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a situation where there is no proof either way each individual is forced to make a choice. I usually choose to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Not 100 percent of the time, but usually. That is especially so when giving someone the benefit of the doubt doesn't give them an opportunity to harm me or anyone else. In other words I am not risking anything by giving him the benefit of the doubt so why not.

I'm going with the information I have and I have little doubt he's juicing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with the information I have and I have little doubt he's juicing.
Well, you should give the proof you have to MLB so that he can be suspended. That would give us a much better chance of beating Seattle. Be a good fan and turn him in.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you should give the proof you have to MLB so that he can be suspended. That would give us a much better chance of beating Seattle. Be a good fan and turn him in.

Who said anything about proof? You don't need damning evidence to connect the dots.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the print run ends up being pretty low, I may flip one or two on eBay.

I was trying to decide what I would do with all those cards. Haha.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's done it before and didn't get caught through testing, he's admitted as much, he was caught with a papertrail, I have little doubt myself that he's still using PEDs

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers knew Mazara would be ready; Cubs' Russell hits big homer

"Mazara singled in his first at-bat against Iwakuma, and when he came to the plate in the fourth, Iwakuma kept throwing splitter after splitter and Mazara kept fouling them off. He never had a healthy cut during that six-pitch at-bat, but at no point did Mazara look uncomfortable or overwhelmed; rather, he looked like a hockey goalie tracking slap shots and deftly kicking them to the side. He fouled off three pitches before grounding out to second base, one of the few times he failed to reach base in his first two major league games.

Mazara has four singles, a home run and a sacrifice fly in his first nine big league plate appearances, but here's the most impressive number generated by him so far: He has swung and missed just once among the 36 pitches he has seen."

The two things I'm most impressed about as well

I think he will eventually find a way to hit 20-30+ HRs without trying to hit HRs

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers knew Mazara would be ready; Cubs' Russell hits big homer

"Mazara singled in his first at-bat against Iwakuma, and when he came to the plate in the fourth, Iwakuma kept throwing splitter after splitter and Mazara kept fouling them off. He never had a healthy cut during that six-pitch at-bat, but at no point did Mazara look uncomfortable or overwhelmed; rather, he looked like a hockey goalie tracking slap shots and deftly kicking them to the side. He fouled off three pitches before grounding out to second base, one of the few times he failed to reach base in his first two major league games.

Mazara has four singles, a home run and a sacrifice fly in his first nine big league plate appearances, but here's the most impressive number generated by him so far: He has swung and missed just once among the 36 pitches he has seen."

The two things I'm most impressed about as well

I think he will eventually find a way to hit 20-30+ HRs without trying to hit HRs
I really like this guys approach. He does not try to do to much and is willing to take the pitch to any part of the park. For my money I want him up here on the Rangers period.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done it before and didn't get caught through testing, he's admitted as much, he was caught with a papertrail, I have little doubt myself that he's still using PEDs
That's fine. Everyone has the right to have their own suspicions.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware there was a Bobby Wilson option at play.
The media immediately jumped on that as a possibility because he would be relatively cheap and because he had experience here.