• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings: Pt. 2

Who is the Second Best QB?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Drew Brees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify in Thread)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason I am intending on doing an ongoing poll rankings of all the expected starting QBs. Our previous poll had Aaron Rodgers winning by a landslide (16 Votes) over Manning (7) and Brady (6).

You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can.

Question: Who is the second best QB in the league?

Here are the parameters:

This is just for this coming year. Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc., but don't choose a young QB over Peyton Manning because so and so is younger and can offer more years. Just base it upon who they are now. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching. If the current QB of a team does not fit in their current system or on a bad team, imagine them in the right system and average team.

This time, I'm going to leave the options the same to see who wins between Manning and Brady. I was tempted to remove Brees because he got shutout, but I want to see if Brees is a number two QB in some eyes but not a number one is anyone's eyes. "Other" will still be there. Soon there will be more than 4 or 5 options.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady, who should have won the first time around. Vote Peyton Manning if you somehow value regular season success over postseason success. My two cents.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady 1
Manning 2
Rogers 3
Brees 4

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Rodgers ahead of Manning and on par with Brady.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,304.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about right now or Career. No way overall Rogers is better. Its a strong debate to even talk about right now. I agree if picking a QB right now to start for you as a franchise QB I would go with Rogers because of age.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about right now or Career. No way overall Rogers is better. Its a strong debate to even talk about right now. I agree if picking a QB right now to start for you as a franchise QB I would go with Rogers because of age.

I put the parameters above in the original poll and this original post:

Only for this coming year.

Age is only relevant for abilities now. Health is as it is now but not any more likely to get injured (as in older arm is weaker for throws but not particularly more injury prone, for argument sake). Assume every QB is on a one year deal or the NFL is on it's last season. This way, we don't select a younger QB who isn't as good because the better player is close to retiring.

Also assume each QB is in their optimal system with equal supporting talent as any other QB would have (let's say average).

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the parameters above in the original poll and this original post:

Only for this coming year.

Age is only relevant for abilities now. Health is as it is now but not any more likely to get injured (as in older arm is weaker for throws but not particularly more injury prone, for argument sake). Assume every QB is on a one year deal or the NFL is on it's last season. This way, we don't select a younger QB who isn't as good because the better player is close to retiring.

Also assume each QB is in their optimal system with equal supporting talent as any other QB would have (let's say average).

Ok so for this year I would say they are 1A,1B,1C. The last 2 years Rogers got beat by Kap and the 49ers both years. I agree with the post that said since Rogers has won the Super Bowl he hasn't been the same. Still great but not MVP. I guess you have to go with Payton as 1 if I had to say for next year and then Rogers because he has more weapons but if I had to pick between rogers and Brady for this year and Brady was on the Packs I would want Brady. Either way u have a great QB if u had any of them.