• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings: Pt. 11 (Re-Do)

Who is the 11th best QB?

• Eli Manning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Joe Flacco

• Matt Stafford

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jay Cutler

• Tony Romo

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Nick Foles

• RGIII

• Alex Smith

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Ryan Tannehill

• Carson Palmer

• Other (Specify in Thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our previous poll ended with Cam Newton rounding out the Top Ten. I will post the top 10 pretty soon after this thread is posted.

You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can.

Question: Who is the eleventh best QB in the league?

Here are the parameters:

This is just for this coming year. Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc., but don't choose a young QB over Peyton Manning because so and so is younger and can offer more years. Just base it upon who they are now. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching. If the current QB of a team does not fit in their current system or on a bad team, imagine them in the right system and average team.

This time, I just put who I think people would have in the next 12 - not my personal next 12. Make sense?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Far:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Andrew Luck
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Philip Rivers
8. Colin Kaepernick
9. Matt Ryan
10. Cam Newton
11. This Poll.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about my previous attempt. I originally asked for the next five and was going to take whoever separated themselves. For example, if two quarterbacks had seven votes each and the next five had five votes, I would name those first two as 11 & 12. Then, I would do another poll for the next five starting at number 13, not number 16.

But then I realized that if everyone had a certain quarterback as 15th best, they would vote for him, but not as the 11th best. However, they could conceivably be marked as 11th best because someone forgot or didn't vote for someone who would've been the 11th. This way it is more clear that were asking for one quarterback. I can't ask for two quarterbacks, because the site only allows multiple votes or singular votes. I cannot designate that only two are selected.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Far:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Andrew Luck
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Philip Rivers
8. Colin Kaepernick
9. Matt Ryan
10. Cam Newton
11. This Poll.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Far:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Andrew Luck
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Philip Rivers
8. Colin Kaepernick
9. Matt Ryan
10. Cam Newton
11. This Poll.

Rivers has a good bounce back year and is #7, he had a couple awful seasons just as of late, I would take 7-10 over him

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Alex Smith being picked 3 times. Back in the ESPN days I was called an Alex lover and I would give Alexcuses. I still like Alex a lot and root for him but im sorry he isn't top 11 QB in the NFL and I would even have him in my top 15. He is in the 16-20 range for me.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Petyon Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Andrew Luck
6) Phillip Rivers
7) Matt Ryan
8) Tony Romo
9) Eli Manning
10) Ben Roethlisberger
11) Alex Smith

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Petyon Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Andrew Luck
6) Phillip Rivers
7) Matt Ryan
8) Tony Romo
9) Eli Manning
10) Ben Roethlisberger
11) Alex Smith

You missed Kaep in the top 10

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Alex Smith being picked 3 times. Back in the ESPN days I was called an Alex lover and I would give Alexcuses. I still like Alex a lot and root for him but im sorry he isn't top 11 QB in the NFL and I would even have him in my top 15. He is in the 16-20 range for me.

No chance in the top 15, RW, Eli, Stafford, Cutler, Flacco are all better

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed Kaep in the top 10
Here we go.

Yes, by design. He might make the top ten when his mechanics and throwing motion allows for touch passes and he goes through his progressions consistently.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go.

Yes, by design. He might make the top ten when his mechanics and throwing motion allows for touch passes and he goes through his progressions consistently.

Thats fine then take off mr checkdown and little arm strength Alex Smith because Kaep is better then him right now and Matt Ryan? What has he ever done with the best WR duo in the NFL, your way off but thats okay

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine then take off mr checkdown and little arm strength Alex Smith because Kaep is better then him right now and Matt Ryan? What has he ever done with the best WR duo in the NFL, your way off but thats okay

Sorry, but he is not. There is more to the position then running really fast and throwing the ball really hard.

And Ryan has made it as far in the playoffs as Keap did this year. If you make the argument that Ryan has had all the weapons around him, then so has Kaep but you arent taking anything away from kaep for that.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but he is not. There is more to the position then running really fast and throwing the ball really hard.

And Ryan has made it as far in the playoffs as Keap did this year. If you make the argument that Ryan has had all the weapons around him, then so has Kaep but you arent taking anything away from kaep for that.

Umm what?? Matt Ryan didn't make the playoffs last year and the year before Colin took his ass out in his own stadium, remember that comeback?? Matt Ryan has made it to the NFC championship game and was beaten my Kaep where as CK made it to the SB and then back to the title game while Ryan was home watching...And I wont even go there about smith vs Kaep, because that is laughable, CK is better in every damn area of the game, but nice effort, oh and furthermore Julio and Roddy are better then Crabtree and Boldin. Also Crabtree was hurt all last year so Kaep had 1 WR all year and still took his team to the NFC title game

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kap is 100% better then Smith. U are crazy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm what?? Matt Ryan didn't make the playoffs last year and the year before Colin took his ass out in his own stadium, remember that comeback?? Matt Ryan has made it to the NFC championship game and was beaten my Kaep where as CK made it to the SB and then back to the title game while Ryan was home watching...And I wont even go there about smith vs Kaep, because that is laughable, CK is better in every damn area of the game, but nice effort, oh and furthermore Julio and Roddy are better then Crabtree and Boldin. Also Crabtree was hurt all last year so Kaep had 1 WR all year and still took his team to the NFC title game

:agree:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
I love that you take a team stat (wins) and give that as a reason for why Kaepernick is so great (because the rest of his stats are average) but then completely take any credit away from the rest of the team.

In every area Kaep is better then Smith? if you mean unimportant things to the position like running fast and throwing a 90 mile an hour fast ball, then yes, but you said every area. Please, break it down, so I can understand where you are coming from.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first of all you said Matt Ryan made it as far in the playoffs as Kaep did last year? One guy took his team to the title game while the other one had one of the worst records in football. So you are 0-1 there and last year with Kaep having only 1 WR on his team with his #1 weapon being out almost all year he still had better numbers then Smith who had Andy Reid has his coach who passes the ball a lot more then we do. Kaep had a QB rating of 91.6 where as AS was 89.1..Also Smith threw the ball almost 100 times more over the season and only had 116 more passing yards. He threw the ball about 6 more times a game roughly. Also Kaep also had more rushing yards and 3 more rushing Td's, oh and took his team back to the NFC title game where the chiefs got knocked out round 1. One guy is 26 the other guy is 30, one guy has been to the SB the other guy has not. Good enough for you?