• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Shortstop Discussion

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Huff has been put to rest, we now need to focus on the next biggest need, Shortstop. This article was posted on mlbtraderumors.com talking about potential tragets via trade, our chances at re-signing Uribe and the Dodgers chances and signing him :L

Giants Focused On Finding A Shortstop: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

It says that Sabean really wants Stephen Drew, which I don't mind one bit. He is really the exact player Sabean is looking for (Left-handed, under control, athletic) and would be a great fit for us for a long time.

It also mentions Jose Reyes, who would be another good pickup if he's healthy, but he is due $11 million and I believe he is in the final year of his contract. But he would bring lots of energy.

So, who would be the best fit and why?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another idea could be Jack Wilson of Seattle and re-unite the double-play combo of Wilson and Sanchez.

He doesn't provide much offense, but his glove is golden.

EDIT: Nevermind skrew this idea. He's injured and is fielding is overrated.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew has to be traded for. He'd be perfect, but you're looking at dealing Panda + 2 prospects (and not ones you'd want to lose, like maybe Wheeler).

DeRosa then plays LF and you gotta still re-sign Uribe

Lineup:

Torres CF
Drew SS
Posey C (I prefer him here, not quite enough power to bat 4th IMO and breaks up the lefties)
Huff 1B
Ross RF
DeRosa LF
Sanchez 2B
Uribe 3B

If everyone hits to their career averages (except Torres who hits a little worse than 2010) that's a good lineup. Good enough with our pitching.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Giants really wants Diamondbacks shortstop Stephen Drew, according to Schulman, who reports that Arizona GM Kevin Towers will not deal him.

Looks like no on Drew. And I'm not so sure I'd give up on Pablo for Drew's 2 years of control left, and it might cost Belt as well. No fucking way.

I expect we'll either trade for Bartlett, Hardy, or Scutaro. I'd prefer Hardy out of those 3.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list:

1. Hardy
2. Uribe
3. Jeter
4. Reyes
5. Tejada
6. Burriss
7. Scutaro
8. Bartlett

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy? JJ Hardy? he's still in the league?

as far as shortstops, its a no brainer. Bring back UUU. he's clutch, he's a fan favorite, and hes got both good D and a good power bat.

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1.CF-Torres
2.2B-Sanchez
3.1B-Huff
4.C-Posey
5.LF-Belt
6.RF-Ross
7.3B-Sandoval
8.SS-Burriss:L...Bench-Rowand,Schierholtz,Derosa,Whiteside and Rohlinger.For some reason this is what I see happening.I would rather see Brandon Crawford at SS but he has to hit better than he has shown so far.I see Belt in LF to start the season.Everytime I see a comment on him from Sabean or Bochy it points to this kid getting his shot in ST.