• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The running backs

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this where we are talking about this or should it be in the Fall Camp Thread?

i watched the episode last night, not much more than i've been reading, probably because in the past Bo let these guys in but not other reporters, so they got a little more insight (at least i think that was the case).

i think it's always good to keep in mind that they only watch 1 practice and you don't know the situations that the team is necessarily working on. They said tommy had 2 picks in like 4 throws (they watched Tuesday nights practice) which I had read yesterday about that and apparently they were solely working on 3rd and long situations, thus it was a ton easier on the defense to key on 3rd and long passing plays. not that picks are great, but 2 INTs in 4 throws doesn't mean a lot to me when it came in 3rd and long. I'm really hoping for less 3rd and long this year with MR and the new OC.

I also struggle to understand how we can have a lack of depth issue. other than LB, where exactly do we lack depth? maybe lack experience but I don't know about depth. At WR a bunch of guys were hurt, that's not a lack of depth that's injuries. a lot of people see a big drop off on our defense from 1st to 2nd team, again, I'd think that would mostly be LB play and lack of experience on our d-line. we have tremendous depth at DB.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh the one tidbit that i liked was how MR said that they were pretty much done with installation and the rest of camp is just reps and working on specialty type stuff. makes me think the playbook is a little easier or just that guys are getting things quicker.

one thing that concerned me was that the BTN guys said the practices weren't as intense or high tempo as other teams. i know MR is a nice guy, but i sure hope they aren't taking practice too light which might translate to a lost edge on the field.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% serious when I say this I don't think Mike is that nice of a guy I think he would cut yer throat in a instant. And well he gawd damn better because everyone wants to beat Nebraska. Nebraska is still a big time school big time name in a big time victory I don't care who disagrees with that Colin Cowherd can suck a dick