• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Roster Guessing Thread

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senators

Silfverberg - Spezza - Michalek
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Smith - Regin
Condra/Daugavins - O'Brien - Neil
(Condra/Daugavins)

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Gonchar
Wiercioch - Lundin
Borowiecki

Anderson
Bishop

I love the forwards and how every line can skate with some scoring punch on the first 3 lines. The Sens goalie depth is great too, with Robin Lehner likely playing the season in Bingo where he's been the best goalie in the A.

That D has top 10 pick written all over it though. Losing Cowen for the season cripples the D corps. He was huge for the Sens down the stretch. Combine his injury with the loss of Kuba and Carkner to FA and things get pretty thin.

If a trade or two isn't made to address the D this could be a lottery team, IMO.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck... Our division is gonna be tough. Sens improved big time last season and I think the Sabres and Habs will be a little tougher this "season" as well.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be UGLY.

Moulson Tavares Okposo
Grabner Nielsen Boyes
Martin Bailey Niederreiter
Boulton Cizikas Joensuu

Streit Visnovsky
Hamonic MacDonald
Carkner Donovan

Nabokov
Dipietro
Poulin
Nilsson

I don't think these will be the lines on opening night, because there are just too many questions going into camp. Bailey showed late in the year he was best suited as a winger so Boyes might move to center. I think Nino should play the entire season in the AHL. He's been playing well. C Brock Nelson won't begin skating for a week or two because of facial fractures he suffered from being hit by a puck. W David Ullstrom will get a long look in camp. I have no idea what the Islanders will do with Dipietro. I expect them to keep his cap hit for this season.

Read he might not come back? Not sure how true that rumor is though.

On another note per reports Andrei Markov wasn't told of the end of the lockout and is late coming back.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read he might not come back? Not sure how true that rumor is though.

On another note per reports Andrei Markov wasn't told of the end of the lockout and is late coming back.

Apparently Visnovsky received an offer for the rest of the season from his KHL team before the lockout ended. Since the NHL & KHL have an agreement to not go after players in the respective leagues if the player is under contract, I'm not worried about it. I don't think the KHL wants to open up a can of worms over a 36 year old defenseman.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackets:
Anisimov - Brassard - Dubinsky (Because, really... what choice do they have?)
Foligno - Johansen - Umberger (I am actually kind of looking forward to this - Foligno will be a fan favorite by February)
MacKenzie - Letestu - Atkinson (That's not too bad, either)
Gillies - Boll - Some meathead.

Yes, I left out Prospal. Not sure what he has left in the tank. He will be there as an extra forward. If he contributes - great.

Jenner should get a shot (perhaps as the meathead), especially with all the divisional games. I am going to tattoo the names Clutterbuck and Oshie inside his eyelids.

Tynan, Mayorov, and Calvert all stand some chance. I hear good things about Kubalik as well.

Defence:
Wiz - Johnson
Tyutin - Nikitin
Aucoin - Golubef/Savard/Fire Hydrant

Erixon? No. Would really have liked to see Murray.

Goal:
Bobro - Someone other than Mason. The welcome is worn out.

I would love to pick up a slick winger from somewhere. Otherwise we're gonna need to implement a trap and dump and chase the shit out of the puck. Nowhere on that roster is an opposing defenseman going to say "Oh shit".

Johnson will be Captain
Umberger or Prospal SHOULD be captain. They will wear the As

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henrique could miss the first 2 weeks or so of the season. He got his cast off Jan. 3 and it's supposed to be a 3-4 week recovery after that. I'm going to include him in my lineup anyway:

Kovy-Zajac-Zubrus
Elias-Henrique-Sykora (If we sign him otherwise Clarkson)
Butler-Josefson-Clarkson (otherwise Tedenby if Sykora doesn't sign)
Bernier-Carter-Gionta

Tallinder-Zidlicky
Volchenkov-Salvador
Fayne-Larsson

Brodeur
Hedberg

Matt Shaw had a good PP in San Jose so I look forward to seeing what he can do with these guys and I also can't wait to see what Scott Stevens brings to the D. Pete DeBoer more than won me over last year.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senators

Silfverberg - Spezza - Michalek
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Smith - Regin
Condra/Daugavins - O'Brien - Neil
(Condra/Daugavins)

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Gonchar
Wiercioch - Lundin
Borowiecki

Anderson
Bishop

I love the forwards and how every line can skate with some scoring punch on the first 3 lines. The Sens goalie depth is great too, with Robin Lehner likely playing the season in Bingo where he's been the best goalie in the A.

That D has top 10 pick written all over it though. Losing Cowen for the season cripples the D corps. He was huge for the Sens down the stretch. Combine his injury with the loss of Kuba and Carkner to FA and things get pretty thin.

If a trade or two isn't made to address the D this could be a lottery team, IMO.

Man, I was reading through the O, thinking "Not too bad at all." Then I got to the D. Hmmm...well, Gonch was playing great in the KHL reunited with his homeboy Geno. Who knows.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, looking over these rosters shows how much I can forget about who plays for whom after a few months.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I was reading through the O, thinking "Not too bad at all." Then I got to the D. Hmmm...well, Gonch was playing great in the KHL reunited with his homeboy Geno. Who knows.

I'm not too worried about Gonchar, it's the guys just below him on the depth chart. Wiercioch has been dynamite in the A this year but he might still be a half season away from being ready for the show. Without a trade/signing I just don't see how the Sens will be able to replace Cowen's 20 + (likely to be around 23 mins this year before the injury) quality minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck... Our division is gonna be tough. Sens improved big time last season and I think the Sabres and Habs will be a little tougher this "season" as well.

Dont forget the Leafs :)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary (put Cervenka in even though he's currently inactive with blood clot issues):

Tanguay - Cammalleri - Iginla
Glencross - Cervenka- Hudler
Baertschi - Backlund - Stempniak
Jackman - Horak - Aliu

Bouwmeester - Wideman
Giordano - Brodie
Sarich - Butler/Smith

Kiprusoff
Irving

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary (put Cervenka in even though he's currently inactive with blood clot issues):

Tanguay - Cammalleri - Iginla
Glencross - Cervenka- Hudler
Baertschi - Backlund - Stempniak
Jackman - Horak - Aliu

Bouwmeester - Wideman
Giordano - Brodie
Sarich - Butler/Smith

Kiprusoff
Irving

There is a some potential there Dash but EVERYTHING will have to go right for that forward unit for them to score enough goals to compete.

I like the D. I'd perhaps switch JayBO and Giordano but either way it should be a decent top 2 pairings. And of course there's the force of nature that IS Cory Sarich. :dance:

Kipper should benefit from a shorter season at his age. With the compressed schedule the Flames will have to ease Irving into big league duty.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kipper should benefit from a shorter season at his age. With the compressed schedule the Flames will have to ease Irving into big league duty.

I think Kipper might start 44 of the 48 games - I'm looking forward to a new coaching staff with Hartley and Marty 'The Eliminator' Gelinas.

/It's Butter free, afterall

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Francis ‏@EricFrancis
The @NHLFlames are the only Canadian team that did not submit a name for potential call-up from the Canadian Hockey League for camp.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Francis ‏@EricFrancis
The @NHLFlames are the only Canadian team that did not submit a name for potential call-up from the Canadian Hockey League for camp.

I think the Flames already pissed off Portland enough last season with Sven Baertschi, calling up Wotherspoon might send them over the edge.

/Besides, we have Steve McCarthy on a PTO :heh:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Visnovsky received an offer for the rest of the season from his KHL team before the lockout ended. Since the NHL & KHL have an agreement to not go after players in the respective leagues if the player is under contract, I'm not worried about it. I don't think the KHL wants to open up a can of worms over a 36 year old defenseman.

@StapeNewsday Isles Visnovsky has decided to stay in Slovakia for the rest of the season, via his agent. Statement to come

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thankful to the #Isles for being so good to me. My decision not to play in the NHL is due to family and personal reasons...

"I have made no decisions on next season. My focus now is on Slovan Bratislava, and enjoying my family in my home country."

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thankful to the #Isles for being so good to me. My decision not to play in the NHL is due to family and personal reasons...

"I have made no decisions on next season. My focus now is on Slovan Bratislava, and enjoying my family in my home country."

/NHLcareer

The thing is, I don't blame anyone for wanting to be home, or at least in their home country. When I moved to Atlanta, I didn't know one person in this city. It can be a little intimidating. There are still times when I visit Pittsburgh and realize how much I miss it. That's just changing cities in the same country.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a CROCK!!

The SOB challenged his contract because he didn't want to come in the first place. Now he pulls this crap. How have the Isles been good to him? He's never put on their uniform. Hey Visnovsky there's a special place in HELL for you, right next to Kirk Muller.