• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The return of Jeff Banister! Pirates at Rangers 04/30-05/01

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what’s interesting to me?

Our lineup is a lot better than we all expected it to be and we’ve gotten hardly any production from the projected starters at 2nd base, 1st base, catcher, and center field is lackluster as usual.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see DDJ for the purposes of late inning defense and PR in a close game. Didn't want to put it on the other thread now that this one is up. But space on the bench is going to be tight.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see DDJ for the purposes of late inning defense and PR in a close game. Didn't want to put it on the other thread now that this one is up. But space on the bench is going to be tight.

With the way this lineup is hitting, it should be contagious and foster a competitive atmosphere for at bats.

In a perfect world, the manager would put the best 9 guys out there, regardless of contract status. If someone stinks it up for a week, they should sit for awhile.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right about that

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what’s interesting to me?

Our lineup is a lot better than we all expected it to be and we’ve gotten hardly any production from the projected starters at 2nd base, 1st base, catcher, and center field is lackluster as usual.
Haven't we gotten more out of 1B and 2B with the replacements though? When everyone is healthy the lineup might not be as productive as it has been. Our offensive production at catcher is going to be poor all year with Mathis playing half the time.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't we gotten more out of 1B and 2B with the replacements though? When everyone is healthy the lineup might not be as productive as it has been. Our offensive production at catcher is going to be poor all year with Mathis playing half the time.
You are correct. You have to take everyone into account who played those positions.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting quote re umps perceptions of Gallo

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s precisely what I was saying.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the group of pence, Santana, and Forsythe outperforms Odor and guzman.

I think we were ok with Mathis not doing much at the plate as long as his defense is top notch. I don’t know what the expectations for Delino were, but I doubt he’s meeting them.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s precisely what I was saying.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the group of pence, Santana, and Forsythe outperforms Odor and guzman.

I think we were ok with Mathis not doing much at the plate as long as his defense is top notch. I don’t know what the expectations for Delino were, but I doubt he’s meeting them.

I can see Forsythe @1B Odor@2B Santana@CF Pence@Bench

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off days make for great fodder. Let's hit it hard!! lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one of the games of their doubleheader yesterday, our AAA club, Nashville, gave up a 15 spot in the first inning.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his question and answer column today, TR Sullivan seems to think the rebuilding plan is to be scrapped because of our offense. He says, " The Rangers need to keep the pitching they have and not trade them for Class A prospects who are three years away. The Rangers need to find creative or financially acceptable ways to bolster the pitching."

He is usually plugged in to what the team is thinking, but I sure hope this is an exception. If the rebuilding is to be scrapped now, then it was a mistake to begin it. Pick a plan and work it out in its entirety.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no way I want a mediocre 1st baseman who has absolutely no power and in 9 years has never proven to be a decent hitter over Guzman. Guzman played in 9 games this year and we are ready to kick him to the curb. He had some hard outs. I will take him 100 times out of 100 over Forsythe.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his question and answer column today, TR Sullivan seems to think the rebuilding plan is to be scrapped because of our offense. He says, " The Rangers need to keep the pitching they have and not trade them for Class A prospects who are three years away. The Rangers need to find creative or financially acceptable ways to bolster the pitching."

He is usually plugged in to what the team is thinking, but I sure hope this is an exception. If the rebuilding is to be scrapped now, then it was a mistake to begin it. Pick a plan and work it out in its entirety.

Agreed, we'll never get over the hump the way pitching is throughout the organization now or in the future... only hope for that to take place is to hit on a couple of our young pitchers and then maintaining that pipeline of young pitchers when others leave due to free agency or are lost due to injury... or just don't pan out

You can survive if you know how to draft and evaluate and develop pitchers and let them go via trade or free agency, as long as you make the proper decisions

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no way I want a mediocre 1st baseman who has absolutely no power and in 9 years has never proven to be a decent hitter over Guzman. Guzman played in 9 games this year and we are ready to kick him to the curb. He had some hard outs. I will take him 100 times out of 100 over Forsythe.

Don't include me on that sentiment

I can see moving on from DDJ in favor of Santana at this point, but that's about it

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see moving on from DDJ in favor of Santana at this point, but that's about it
And I am 100% with you on that move as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree on Guzman and Santana.