• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rest of the Preseason

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess so. they wasted a 3rd rounder for him. Bad scouting. should have dug deeper than size/speed.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess so. they wasted a 3rd rounder for him. Bad scouting. should have dug deeper than size/speed.
NO. I think that they wasted a 5th on him. They wasted a 3 or a 4 on Mack Hollins.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's preseason, so don't get too high or low. that said, we need another backup. Kessler and Thorson do not look like they can play. Sam Bradford?
Of course. He easily makes the most sense, but don't need to move quickly on him. If Wentz stays healthy there is no need for Bradford.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dillard has built a rep already as playing hard through the whistle in camp ... he just went a little overboard on that play. I have zero issue with this though ... you want your OLinemen with a nasty streak or a chip on their shoulders! Dillard is quickly proving he was a steal on draft day.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit the 2nd level and the safety got in his way, maybe the safety should brace for impact next time or get to the hole faster next time

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollins is always hurt ... dating back to his college days. Talented receiver, but he's made of glass; if it's not one injury it's another.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he makes the roster. Maybe on IR again for the season, and wind up waived. Too bad. Looks like JJ is the real deal though, plus Marken also.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive Line depth is gonna be interesting this year. With the best reserve being Dillard, and then perhaps Mailata?? you gotta a couple of guys that are more than physically capable of playing guard. The only question is if they know the assignments. This could make both Wis and Vaitai expendable. The Eagles could go with only 8 OL on the 53 this year which would allow them to keep players like Marken Michel, Perkins and Hollins or Ward.

The next couple of games are huge for Mailata and Pryor to prove they are not only roster worthy, but worthy of being on the active roster. If they can prove that, Wis and Vaitai could be expendable.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE NO! He hasn't played for 3 years or so, and we don't need that distraction to our clubhouse!

Ha ha ha.

Just stirring it all up.

I think he might have less rust than most think....but the noise would be so much unneeded nonsense.

And we can find a back up option with out the noise. I mean....take your pick of McCown, Osweiler or Landry Jones.

Makes me feel better about Kessler in the spot until Sudfield is fully back up.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles could go with only 8 OL on the 53 this year which would allow them to keep players like Marken Michel, Perkins and Hollins or Ward.

I have a hard time imaging that. The team values O-line and D-line more than any position other than QB. I just can't see them getting rid of good linemen to keep guys like Perkins and Ward.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time imaging that. The team values O-line and D-line more than any position other than QB. I just can't see them getting rid of good linemen to keep guys like Perkins and Ward.

They definitely value lineman, but OL is also a position that they routinely only keep 7 active on game day. Last year they had the two rookies Mailata and Pryor that they valued too much to try to move to the Practice Squad and wanted to give them the year to develop.

Now that they have had the year, the question is:
(1) Are they ready to go? If they are, then they should be better than Wiz and Vaitai and should be active on game day. If that is the case, why keep Vaitai or Wiz on the inactive? Better to move on from them at that point. They both have proven to be nothing more than marginal players.
(2) Do they need another year? In this case you keep the veterans and red shirt these guys on the inactive for another year. As complex as OL play is, do you really need multiple years to learn it? It strikes me that a year should be enough to red shirt a guy. The only reason to go longer is for injury or physical development.
(3) Are they a bust? In this case, it may be time to move on rather than wasting the roster spot on a player that couldn't learn a position after a full year of post college training.

Part of this is that Wiz and Vaitai really don't seem to be "Good" offensive lineman...rather just barely adequate. They drafted Dillard, Pryor and Mailata in the last two drafts to improve the depth and quality, and if they did the drafting and development job right (which they may have not?), it is time to move on from the barely adequate veterans.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely value lineman, but OL is also a position that they routinely only keep 7 active on game day. Last year they had the two rookies Mailata and Pryor that they valued too much to try to move to the Practice Squad and wanted to give them the year to develop.

Now that they have had the year, the question is:
(1) Are they ready to go? If they are, then they should be better than Wiz and Vaitai and should be active on game day. If that is the case, why keep Vaitai or Wiz on the inactive? Better to move on from them at that point. They both have proven to be nothing more than marginal players.
(2) Do they need another year? In this case you keep the veterans and red shirt these guys on the inactive for another year. As complex as OL play is, do you really need multiple years to learn it? It strikes me that a year should be enough to red shirt a guy. The only reason to go longer is for injury or physical development.
(3) Are they a bust? In this case, it may be time to move on rather than wasting the roster spot on a player that couldn't learn a position after a full year of post college training.

Part of this is that Wiz and Vaitai really don't seem to be "Good" offensive lineman...rather just barely adequate. They drafted Dillard, Pryor and Mailata in the last two drafts to improve the depth and quality, and if they did the drafting and development job right (which they may have not?), it is time to move on from the barely adequate veterans.
Do you prefer the Eagles or the 49ers?

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3