• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The reason why so many players are failing drug tests

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, thinking of my work, take a cow for example, farmer gives that cow a shot of penicillin and you mix up that cow's milk with a million lbs of clean cow milk in a silo, and you can still get someone who's allergic to penicillin very sick.[/QUOTE]

That would require someone to have a hyper sensitivity to penicillin. The likelihood of that happening would be off the charts in a negative way..

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, thinking of my work, take a cow for example, farmer gives that cow a shot of penicillin and you mix up that cow's milk with a million lbs of clean cow milk in a silo, and you can still get someone who's allergic to penicillin very sick.
So if a cow eats a peanut, and a person with peanut allergies eats a TBone from that cow he will have a reaction. I'm not buying it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes theu do, I work in a drug test job, I have my whole working life. If you get a contact high at a concert and test the next day they will know.
That is different than what you said originally.

Yes they'll know the parts per million no matter how it gets in there. They don't know how you consumed it from the test.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have spent 6 days in Fogo de Chao

merrimanbeforeafter.jpg

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is different than what you said originally.

Yes they'll know the parts per million no matter how it gets in there. They don't know how you consumed it from the test.

Probably the only way you'll test positive is if your sealed in a room with a bunch of smokers, even then it's doubtful.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The herb is really fucking righteous these days.

Really fucking righteous.

And the laws/rules regarding it are so silly and ancient.

And lord knows there are some fucking ridiculous laws still on the books in the various states.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
come to Mexico - you can't beat our meat.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-0t-SfiQay7OGx66AboR403mG8fCgCRruIdE1Q2BRAhihPkd6Og.jpg

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the only way you'll test positive is if your sealed in a room with a bunch of smokers, even then it's doubtful.

But the NFL uses one of the most strict measurements... 35 parts per billion (up from 15 parts a few years ago, but for a comparison, Olympic threshold is 150)

And of course Johns Hopkins did that hot box study... Basically simulating being in a room/car for an hour with a smoker and and some non-smokers were showing up with over 50 ng, and almost all over 20.

So if you are driving around with friends or sitting in a room with them smoking, and pop a 50... how does the testing know you weren't smoking??

I get that you wouldn't fail in a well ventilated room, or just walking by someone at a concert smoking pot. That's pretty obvious...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a cow eats a peanut, and a person with peanut allergies eats a TBone from that cow he will have a reaction. I'm not buying it.

Well now you are going from a steroid being injected into the meat of the animal (or hormones used to increase animals natural steroid production) to a protein going through the entire digestion process and being broken down yet keeping the same characteristics... completely different topic here and makes no sense as a comparison biologically. Secondary contact risks with protein based allergies are rare and usually quite minor as well... So yes I am not buying that peanut either, not really relevant here scientifically.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the NFL uses one of the most strict measurements... 35 parts per billion (up from 15 parts a few years ago, but for a comparison, Olympic threshold is 150)

And of course Johns Hopkins did that hot box study... Basically simulating being in a room/car for an hour with a smoker and and some non-smokers were showing up with over 50 ng, and almost all over 20.

So if you are driving around with friends or sitting in a room with them smoking, and pop a 50... how does the testing know you weren't smoking??

I get that you wouldn't fail in a well ventilated room, or just walking by someone at a concert smoking pot. That's pretty obvious...

Well known stoner and Olympic snowboarder Ross Rebagliati got to keep his Olympic gold even though he tested positive. He used the casual exposure theory....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up on a beef farm. I don't know what the regs are like now but back when I was on the farm there were rules in place about giving cattle inoculations or implants (steroids) and how soon you could ship them to market afterwards. Very strict guidelines were in place to make sure the animals had enough time to remove the drugs from their system before they could be processed at a meat facility. It sound to me like these foreign countries the players are being warned about don't have the same requirements as we do in North America. So whoever said a cow with penicillin could affect someone with an allergy is incorrect, unless there was an unscrupulous farmer flouting the law who shipped the animal anyway.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well known stoner and Olympic snowboarder Ross Rebagliati got to keep his Olympic gold even though he tested positive. He used the casual exposure theory....

He got his medal back because marijuana wasn't on the list of banned substances for the 1998 olympics...

And of course he used that.. So did Travis Henry I think..

Granted he owns medical marijuana dispensaries and sells it, so I believe that excuse about as much as I believe 100% of NFL PED failed tests are tainted supplements, natural 1 in a million genetic disorders, evil testers messing with their urine, and treating rare diseases with drugs not usually used for that purpose. But in the early 90's that stigma was bigger.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got his medal back because marijuana wasn't on the list of banned substances for the 1998 olympics...

And of course he used that.. So did Travis Henry I think..

Granted he owns medical marijuana dispensaries and sells it, so I believe that excuse about as much as I believe 100% of NFL PED failed tests are tainted supplements, natural 1 in a million genetic disorders, evil testers messing with their urine, and treating rare diseases with drugs not usually used for that purpose. But in the early 90's that stigma was bigger.

He went from vilified to vindicated....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's still different than what you said originally. I don't dispute that consuming it second causes less THC to get into a body than smoking it straight. Not sure who would. You said you worked in a lab, but you don't seem to understand that the test is a threshold and the test either comes in over or under it. The test has nothing to say about consumption, it only reports how much is in the cup.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went from vilified to vindicated....

Yes, but he was vindicated only because marijuana was not on the list of banned substances... Even today, all that matters is it isn't in your system during competition. It's like being vindicated for driving 45 in a 45 mph zone. Of course you are fine, even if the speed limit is changed to 35 mph 4 years later.

It's basically like saying that athletes in the times before steroids and amphetamines were banned should be punished because today there is one. It has no bearing on this topic. What Mantle and Hank Aaron did with amphetamines has no bearing on their status in baseball as it was legal for the sport when they took them.

And he said he didn't smoke, just was around other's who did (proven that this can be true). But again, if you feel that in Olympic sports that marijuana is a performance enhancing drug (Ross did), it doesn't matter what methods you use to ingest it right?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If guys are getting popped for old school German east block PEDS while only showing small trace amounts when tested, I wouldn't rule out tainted meat. That old school stuff has limited positive use for football players compared to what is available today. Now if an athlete had multiple different old school roids in his system, then there is almost no chance he wasn't juicing.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but he was vindicated only because marijuana was not on the list of banned substances... Even today, all that matters is it isn't in your system during competition. It's like being vindicated for driving 45 in a 45 mph zone. Of course you are fine, even if the speed limit is changed to 35 mph 4 years later.

It's basically like saying that athletes in the times before steroids and amphetamines were banned should be punished because today there is one. It has no bearing on this topic. What Mantle and Hank Aaron did with amphetamines has no bearing on their status in baseball as it was legal for the sport when they took them.

And he said he didn't smoke, just was around other's who did (proven that this can be true). But again, if you feel that in Olympic sports that marijuana is a performance enhancing drug (Ross did), it doesn't matter what methods you use to ingest it right?

To even call pot performance enhancing is silly....