• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Reason Kobe Needs To Finish Strong This Year

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kobe should play, they were much better until he came back, then when he came back their draft stock soared. What if the players start gelling again and get into a rhythm? What then? They could start winning games again, that would be catastrophic for their draft stock.

I don't think we have to worry about that. They've been getting progressively worse since Kobe got injured again.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, each of those teams you just mentioned had assets to trade away to get Shaq, Garnett and Gasol.

What are the assets that LA gives up to have players in 2015 ready to contend?

Now granted, if they can get Lebron w/o giving up assets they are well on their way. Barring that, explain a scenario where a cornerstone to another title comes via trade? If you want Love to be that guy, your going to have to wait those two years (assuming he is not happy in minnesota and wolves dont trade him in advance) and.....by that timeframe Kobe is not a top 15 player.

Whats your math to a title in 2015?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakerboy, I agree that the Lakers should turn it around in time. It wont be a 25 year drought, but a title contender in 2015 or even 2016?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, each of those teams you just mentioned had assets to trade away to get Shaq, Garnett and Gasol.

Now granted, if they can get Lebron w/o giving up assets they are well on their way. Barring that, explain a scenario where a cornerstone to another title comes via trade? If you want Love to be that guy, your going to have to wait those two years (assuming he is not happy in minnesota and wolves dont trade him in advance) and.....by that timeframe Kobe is not a top 15 player.

The 2015/2016 season is far off from now. Who is to say what will happen then. There will certainly be no title contending next season. Next season will be about developing their young potential superstar player that they draft this summer.

Regarding Love, Minnesota trading him doesn't eliminate the Lakers chances of getting him unless he signs an extension. The Lakers just experienced that.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakerboy, I agree that the Lakers should turn it around in time. It wont be a 25 year drought, but a title contender in 2015 or even 2016?

I think they can be a title contender in 2016, 2015 will be a season where hopefully everybody is healthy & what ever FA & Top pick we get, gets one season together under their belt IMO. So 2015 will probably just be a playoff team nothing more, but who knows ?? :noidea: I could be wrong.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can be a title contender in 2016, 2015 will be a season where hopefully everybody is healthy & what ever FA & Top pick we get, gets one season together under their belt IMO. So 2015 will probably just be a playoff team nothing more, but who knows ?? :noidea: I could be wrong.

You are right that it won't take as long as the Celtics :lol: Danny boy making nothing happen at the trade deadline.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll say this much....let's play the ultimate hypothetical. Let's say we luck into the number 1 pick this year. A Jabari Parker/Kevin Love duo with an older Kobe would be nothing to sneeze at. Don't think we'd win a title in what would be Parker's 2nd year, but we'd sure be on the way to competing

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kold, I can see the playoffs but winning a title in the next 28 months? This should be fun to discuss.

LAKERS CHAMPS IN 2016!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the topic is should Kobe come back and when but you guys can not seriously think that LAL can be a contender while Kobe is still on the roster.

Your best (known) chance at being relative just shat on you guys saying that MIN is a better franchise, currently. It doesn't mean he doesn't go to LA but if we were basing every thing on probabilities Love was a large slice that just became minimal.

Fantasy draft FAs and max draft picks and LAL are not a contender before 2017.

And you can remove the cap.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kold, I can see the playoffs but winning a title in the next 28 months? This should be fun to discuss.

LAKERS CHAMPS IN 2016!
No, I said on our way to contention. We'd be at the least competitive in Kobe's final year if the pie in the sky scenario worked out. Then when Kobe contract comes off the books we'll have cap space. My mindset is, I've seen the Lakers in contention for the title for so many years, that I don't mind waiting for however long to see it happen again.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kold, I was not suggesting you, (my bad) i was mentioning your other bretherens like Lakerboy who thinks they will in 2016. Right now, barring a Lebron acquisition, the west for the next few years seems more likely to be OKC, LAC, GSW, Portland, Houston who seem to be well stacked and players in their prime with great coaches in place. The west will be stronger for at least the next few years as everyone likes to remind us east coasters.

If I am LA, I tank, I draft well, and I sell off assets for picks, then sign FA's in 15/16 and target 2016/17 to surge above. Get a decent coach. It should line up well with Boston and we can get this party started again

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the topic is should Kobe come back and when but you guys can not seriously think that LAL can be a contender while Kobe is still on the roster.

Your best (known) chance at being relative just shat on you guys saying that MIN is a better franchise, currently. It doesn't mean he doesn't go to LA but if we were basing every thing on probabilities Love was a large slice that just became minimal.

Fantasy draft FAs and max draft picks and LAL are not a contender before 2017.

And you can remove the cap.

Not this year - we all know this season is finished for the Lakers, but to make the statement that the Lakers will never be a contender again while Kobe is on the roster is really a retarded statement to make and one that would only be made by a drug addict, someone who has zero basket ball iq or just hates Kobe so much that he clearly can't be objective about it because many players have had injuries and went on to play more years - Jason Kidd comes to mind when on that topic.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully - you Miami fans are really arrogant and ignorant to think the Lakers can't contend for 2017 or perhaps that's just wishful thinking but serously - just because you say that doesn't make it true. You all need to quit making up shit like that and then pretending you're so stupid that you actually believe that