• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Reason Kobe Needs To Finish Strong This Year

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other potential free agents are aware of the free agency, but anyone thinking that the Lakers don't want to contend next season is flat out retarded. The Lakers became instant contenders with the addition Gasol and Miami did it by adding Bosh and Lebron - there's no reason that the Lakers can't do the same with a little bit of luck. Sorry but you're dead wrong on that one

:agree:

About as well stated as it could be! Good post!!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La needs to concentrate on the players in 2016 , 2017 and 2018 that will turn it around.(unless Lebron signs with la this summer)

If not, Kobe won't be around for the rebuild anyways.

Getting Love is the priority.

If LeBron signs with the Lakers at ANY point in his career, I'll be shocked! He's not leaving Miami, but if he does, I firmly he's going back to Cleveland!

LA's main focus in '15 will be Kevin Love, period!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I'm trying to tell you it's irrelevant, Kobe doesn't need to show other players he has some game left. His priority should be to get healthy, take the year off & comeback next season. Fuck what other players need to see, their not going to be there for the Lakers if Kobe comes back this season & get seriously injured again.

If the other players like Kevin Love are convinced Kobe can't play any more due to injuries, they are not going to sign with a team that has committed close to 40% of their salary to that one player - It wouldn't make sense. Kobe has to convince them he can play the entire year without being another Steve Nash or Steve Blake. It is relevent

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the other players like Kevin Love are convinced Kobe can't play any more due to injuries, they are not going to sign with a team that has committed close to 40% of their salary to that one player - It wouldn't make sense. Kobe has to convince them he can play the entire year without being another Steve Nash or Steve Blake. It is relevent

He doesn't need to that this season, the season is a wash & will be over soon, Kevin Love will not be a FA until 2015. Kobe will have all of next season to have a chance to stay healthy & proof he has some game left. No need to risk a serious injury this season, just to proof something on a team scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

If he get's on the court this season & get's seriously injured everybody is going to be asking "why did he even go out & play for ?? he should of took the year off " & even if he returns towards the end of the season its going to take him a few games to even get use to playing on the court again, you wont see him play that well anyways, it's irrelevant.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you want Kobe to predict the future?

Good chance he'll be looking for an off season apartment in Germany.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans stop fighting!!! Especially over what Kobe should do to help bring in FAs, if he cared about that he would not have taken 40% of the Cap for the next 2 years.

Just accept irrelevance until he retires.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole season and(especially the all star game) just hasn't been the same without Kobe being on the court.....BUT it is in our BEST interest that he takes this year off. First, if Kobe comes back, he's going to SCREW the whole organic tanking process by going all out, trying to win games. Been saying it since last summer, there are some STUDS coming out in this draft and we need to try to get one of those top picks. Second, as for this summer Lebron isn't coming, and Melo isn't coming anywhere near Mike Dantoni. So my whole plan is, let's get whatever draft picks we can this year and the next, see if we can put together a good team around Kevin Love(hopefully)in 2015, and then make a run at another top free agent when Kobe's contract comes up

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La needs to concentrate on the players in 2016 , 2017 and 2018 that will turn it around.(unless Lebron signs with la this summer)

If not, Kobe won't be around for the rebuild anyways.

Getting Love is the priority.

The Lakers are not going to wait till 2018 to have a team that is a contender dude - they will be reset long before then - they aren't like other teams that waits around

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want Kobe to predict the future?

Good chance he'll be looking for an off season apartment in Germany.

No dumbass - Kobe needs to show them that he will be able to play again at a competitive level - on the court. Go back and re-read what I wrote - your comprehensive skills are very poor

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, they can be contenders all they want, but within the next two years (2015 and 2016), they at best will be a top 10 team......at best. They wont even be the best team in their own city.

They wont be a title contender until 2016/2017 earliest, most likely a year or two later. Kobe wont be around for that revival, which is why the focus needs to be on Love and others. Kobe is a distraction from the needs ahead.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At best he is a distraction, more likely he is a road block.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At best he is a distraction, more likely he is a road block.

how is paying 30 million a year to a midranger jumpshooter going to be a road block? I just don't see it....

haha

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, they can be contenders all they want, but within the next two years (2015 and 2016), they at best will be a top 10 team......at best. They wont even be the best team in their own city.

They wont be a title contender until 2016/2017 earliest, most likely a year or two later. Kobe wont be around for that revival, which is why the focus needs to be on Love and others. Kobe is a distraction from the needs ahead.

That's what everyone was saying when the Lakers acquired Gasol and went to the finals the next three years straight, but dream on if that makes you feel better. Careful though or you will actually believe that crap

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, you believe that the Lakers will contend for a title in 2015 and 2016? Really?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, you believe that the Lakers will contend for a title in 2015 and 2016? Really?

I have seen other teams including the Lakers become contenders over-night. Boston did with the acquisition of Kevin Garnet. The Lakers with Gasol, Miami with Shaq Oneal - it happens

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen other teams including the Lakers become contenders over-night. Boston did with the acquisition of Kevin Garnet. The Lakers with Gasol, Miami with Shaq Oneal - it happens

One thing is for sure, Lakers will compete for a title much sooner then 25 years like the Celtics.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dumbass - Kobe needs to show them that he will be able to play again at a competitive level - on the court. Go back and re-read what I wrote - your comprehensive skills are very poor
I did read what you wrote......dumb ass.

How does Kobe playing this year convince Free agents that he can play a full season next year w/o getting hurt??? You said nothing about playing at a competitive level when I first responded to you

Like I said, you're expecting something that can't be done........Kobe to predict the future.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,718.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO!! Kobe should not comeback this season in all honesty & most Lakers fans I agree on this. The season is a wash & no need for him to risk another serious injury for a season that is in the toilet. He has a 2 year commitment that he is obligated to finish strongly & the only way to do that is to get healthy & take the season off to do it. There is no need for Kobe to prove anything to any other FA out there, LB & Melo are not coming here & everyone else in FA is irrelevant IMO.

Lakers need to concentrate on getting a good top 3 draft pick & get Kobe healthy & everyone else for next season. Bottom line he doesn't need to prove anything to any other player that want's to come to LA.

I agree Kobe shouldnt come back this year. the Lakers arent playing for anything. and to tell you the truth i dont think him not playing this season will effect free agency

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kobe should play, they were much better until he came back, then when he came back their draft stock soared. What if the players start gelling again and get into a rhythm? What then? They could start winning games again, that would be catastrophic for their draft stock.