• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Reason Kobe Needs To Finish Strong This Year

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency

It's that simple and now I will explain for those of you who don't understand. If Kobe does not play this season and goes into the summer with a wimper, everyone including free agents will wonder if Kobe can still play and there will be a huge doubt to sign with a town saddled with one of the highest paid guards in the NBA that might never play again. If Kobe, however finishes with a pattern of being close to what he was - even with a drop in his steps, they will know that with a nice first round draft pick and two good signings, that the Lakers will be able to rebuild quickly.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO!! Kobe should not comeback this season in all honesty & most Lakers fans I agree on this. The season is a wash & no need for him to risk another serious injury for a season that is in the toilet. He has a 2 year commitment that he is obligated to finish strongly & the only way to do that is to get healthy & take the season off to do it. There is no need for Kobe to prove anything to any other FA out there, LB & Melo are not coming here & everyone else in FA is irrelevant IMO.

Lakers need to concentrate on getting a good top 3 draft pick & get Kobe healthy & everyone else for next season. Bottom line he doesn't need to prove anything to any other player that want's to come to LA.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO!! Kobe should not comeback this season in all honesty & most Lakers fans I agree on this. The season is a wash & no need for him to risk another serious injury for a season that is in the toilet. He has a 2 year commitment that he is obligated to finish strongly & the only way to do that is to get healthy & take the season off to do it. There is no need for Kobe to prove anything to any other FA out there, LB & Melo are not coming here & everyone else in FA is irrelevant IMO.

Lakers need to concentrate on getting a good top 3 draft pick & get Kobe healthy & everyone else for next season. Bottom line he doesn't need to prove anything to any other player that want's to come to LA.

Gotta agree here. Don't think Kobe's not playing affects FA at all.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him coming back this season.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a life time Kobe hater seeing the scene at the all star game when they announced him prior to the game in his suit...the roaring applause and the recognition from the players almost felt like it was a farewell tribute.

As much as I've hated Kobe throughout his career...I have to say it's kind of sad knowing that he is nearing the end of his career. He and Duncan are the last great players from the 2000s era of guys like Tmac, Iverson, Vinsanity, Cwebb, Shaq, etc

If I were a Lakers fan I would want the team to continue to lose and lose a lot. BUT...I would also want Kobe to return for the final month to at least show that yeah he's still got something left in the tank.

If he just sits out the entire year and come free agency they try to lure another superstar to come...those high priced free agents are going to be weary of joining forces with Kobe not knowing whether or not he has anything left to offer

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Kobe will play this season: competitive spirit. Say what you want about him but he will play, even if the Lakers get a worse pick because of it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be the only one who thinks other NBA players are greatly aware of the LAL situation and the odds they win a title and that the only players that are coming there are looking to get paid and do not care about contending for a couple of years.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just it though - most players with those kind of injuries have ended their careers and while Kobe is not like other players, he does need to show everyone that he can play. Either way the Lakers are going to be in the draft and playing hard is not going to change the losses or wins without solid help for Kobe. Too many of the other players including Nash are finished. Even with Kobe in their by March - the Lakers would not win enough games to change the first round draft pick that the Lakers will need, but it would show other players that he still has some game

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a life time Kobe hater seeing the scene at the all star game when they announced him prior to the game in his suit...the roaring applause and the recognition from the players almost felt like it was a farewell tribute.

As much as I've hated Kobe throughout his career...I have to say it's kind of sad knowing that he is nearing the end of his career. He and Duncan are the last great players from the 2000s era of guys like Tmac, Iverson, Vinsanity, Cwebb, Shaq, etc

If I were a Lakers fan I would want the team to continue to lose and lose a lot. BUT...I would also want Kobe to return for the final month to at least show that yeah he's still got something left in the tank.

If he just sits out the entire year and come free agency they try to lure another superstar to come...those high priced free agents are going to be weary of joining forces with Kobe not knowing whether or not he has anything left to offer

Exactly on target and that's what I saying and besides that - How many more games will the Lakers win with Kobe. Nash is finished, Farmar is toast, Gasol Is burn't toast, the others that could ball are still out on injuries. Kobe might make the Lakers look more respectable, but this point it's his dignity and showing free agents that he isn't washed up and that's the most it is

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be the only one who thinks other NBA players are greatly aware of the LAL situation and the odds they win a title and that the only players that are coming there are looking to get paid and do not care about contending for a couple of years.

The other potential free agents are aware of the free agency, but anyone thinking that the Lakers don't want to contend next season is flat out retarded. The Lakers became instant contenders with the addition Gasol and Miami did it by adding Bosh and Lebron - there's no reason that the Lakers can't do the same with a little bit of luck. Sorry but you're dead wrong on that one

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say the Lakers do not WANT to contend. Other players know how silly that notion is though..

2 things.

Kobe is never going to be Kobe again nor can he even be the 2nd best player on a championship team. He is old coming off of serious leg injuries. If you do not believe me pick any player in the league better than Kobe and then pick any other 3 players not as good as Kobe to fill out just a 5 player roster. Now tell me that team is going to contend with the top seeds in the west.

2nd, and again. I doubt the Lakers really thought giving Kobe that contract was part of a title run. Maybe you think so then ok fine, you are not making the decisions for a reason, but if the LAL front office thought that was a solid title run move then LAL fans are in for much more pain joy for some time.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is never going to be Kobe again nor can he even be the 2nd best player on a championship team.

I think for the first time ever we heard Kobe feel the same way with his tone and the way he answered questions over the all star break. You can hear it in his voice...it's different. Back then it was Kobe with an edge and determination to come back EVEN BETTER. Now the tone is more accepting of the truth and the reality that after all these injuries and his age that he is likely never going to be the elite Kobe that we've seen over the years.

He can still probably be a good Kobe...maybe his pts are down to like 18-20 ppg...but maybe more assist based on attention he will get from defenses being Kobe

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say the Lakers do not WANT to contend. Other players know how silly that notion is though..

2 things.

Kobe is never going to be Kobe again nor can he even be the 2nd best player on a championship team. He is old coming off of serious leg injuries. If you do not believe me pick any player in the league better than Kobe and then pick any other 3 players not as good as Kobe to fill out just a 5 player roster. Now tell me that team is going to contend with the top seeds in the west.

2nd, and again. I doubt the Lakers really thought giving Kobe that contract was part of a title run. Maybe you think so then ok fine, you are not making the decisions for a reason, but if the LAL front office thought that was a solid title run move then LAL fans are in for much more pain joy for some time.

Kobe knows he doesn't have to be the same, but that's why he will be facilitating more and directing traffic, less slam dunks and being a more effective player then a scoring monster. There are plenty of ways he can use his age and wisdom of the game to be just as effective.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobes going on a farewell tour to break MJ's scoring record. The Lakers are good with it and thats why they signed him again with so much money. They will make a mint even with the Lakers not competing as people watch the games to see him do his thing one more season. I would like to see him come back this year but that would diminish the drama for next year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobes going on a farewell tour to break MJ's scoring record. The Lakers are good with it and thats why they signed him again with so much money. They will make a mint even with the Lakers not competing as people watch the games to see him do his thing one more season. I would like to see him come back this year but that would diminish the drama for next year.

Kobe will adjust his game - he knows that - and he will now be in the mode to mentor the other players that will take his place and have a shot at another championship. Kobe finishing this year is not going to have an impact on the draft pick the Lakers get - they have gone to far into the hole to climb out now.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe dont need to come back. That's it, that's all!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it though - most players with those kind of injuries have ended their careers and while Kobe is not like other players, he does need to show everyone that he can play. Either way the Lakers are going to be in the draft and playing hard is not going to change the losses or wins without solid help for Kobe. Too many of the other players including Nash are finished. Even with Kobe in their by March - the Lakers would not win enough games to change the first round draft pick that the Lakers will need, but it would show other players that he still has some game

This is what I'm trying to tell you it's irrelevant, Kobe doesn't need to show other players he has some game left. His priority should be to get healthy, take the year off & comeback next season. Fuck what other players need to see, their not going to be there for the Lakers if Kobe comes back this season & get seriously injured again.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DobOgaW.jpg

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La needs to concentrate on the players in 2016 , 2017 and 2018 that will turn it around.(unless Lebron signs with la this summer)

If not, Kobe won't be around for the rebuild anyways.

Getting Love is the priority.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe dont need to come back. That's it, that's all!

He never should have played this season, and he sure as hell shouldn't try playing again.

Cons FAR outweigh any pros.